We’ve been on a new car tear, reporting on neo-hachirokus, retro Honda kei cars, and even classic bikes from the Tokyo Motor Show. And that’s left you handcuffed to a bedpost with the shakes, hankering for some old school smack. Well this lavender hako flies in the face of all that modern nonsense, washing away that new car smell like a dunk tank full of industrial-grade bleach. And look, there’s the sublime Celica in the background that we posted on a few weeks back, so let’s once again enumerate the ways this Skyline epitomizes vintage Japan.
- giant bubble flares
- racing mirrors
- oil cooler hanging off the front end
- angled rectangular headlight conversion asymmetrically adorned with racing tape and an aero cover with a serif-font decal over it
- a feminine color that scares gaijin but oozes testosterone in context
- barrels so deep you could drown a small animal in them
- and obnoxiously skewed number decals
Bam, your hair is now instantly pompadour’ed. You’re welcome.