Green Bosozoku Celica is simply sublime

Celica fans usually prefer zenki models with the smiley-er smileys and hood flutes, but this is one post-facelift daruma that makes us green with envy. Let’s see if we can name all the zokusha traits this fine specimen exhibits.

• garish color combo and quasi-racing livery
  • bubble flares
  • racing mirrors
  • tsurikawa
  • deep, deep, minus-offset SSR MkIIIs
  • ankle-slicing air dam
  • square headlight swap with two covered in stickers

Please, bosozoku Claus, bring us one and we will be good little boys for the rest of the decade.

This post is filed under: bosozoku, toyota and
tagged: , , , , , , , .

18 Responses to Green Bosozoku Celica is simply sublime

1. Tyler said:

Don’t forget the ridiculously oversized, integrated Bondo spoiler!

Awesome. I wish we had more posts like this :D

• Tyler said:

Also, I Googled Zenki Celica and got a bunch of 90′s models. Where/when is this designation used?

• Ben said:

Zenki simply means “pre-facelift” of any generation. Kouki is post-facelift. And in the rare case of two facelifts per generation chuki is the middle style.

Much easer than listing years or chassis codes, especially when they differ from country to country.

I like how it is a 1600 and not an LB. Most times it’s an LB.
    Maybe it is a slightly different chassis code.

3. Yee said:

Incomplete. It is missing tailpipes that stick up about 6 feet in the air. =)

4. bert said:

That is a Loooooong time for you boys to be good! Remeber what Mom said, “Don’t make promises you can’t keep!”

5. josh m said:

looks more like a silhouette car not boso

6. Lincoln Stax said:

I must be the only person looking at it and thinking “I want to save it.”

7. john said:

I’m just thinking if it’s a Z432 or 2000GT, I can see “saving” it.

Something as (relatively) commonplace as a Celica coupe affords a little more “variety” in the species.

8. Zegga said:

Just found some videos from a meet with very similar cars. Maybe even the same group.
    Awesome collection of nostalgic cars and bosozuku all in awesome condition.
    Lost my shit when I saw the old Kenmeri (Hope im right) and TE27 doing donuts in the rain in HD goodness.
    His channel is full of awesome