ZCon 2014 is coming up soon, and this year the organizers have a lot of great thing planned. First and foremost, you should know that this is not a Z-only gathering. While Zs from 240 to 370 are definitely a large part of the festivities, the organizers have plans to include Nissans and Datsuns of all stripes.
The week-long celebration of the Z takes place in San Diego this year, and is a 27-year tradition of the Z Car Club of America. You can see the full calendar here, but highlights will include:
- A judged car show on Thursday for Zs of all generations. This gives owners a shot at the famed Gold Cup, an award that has been given out about a dozen times in ZCon’s 27-year history.
- A Thursday night dinner reception that welcomes Yoshiko Matsuo, designer of the 240Z, Toshio Yamashita, designer of the Z32 300ZX, and Randy Rodriguez, designer of the 370Z.
- Matsuo-san will unveil a very special custom Z, a design that he intended for the original S30 Fairlady Z.
- A Friday tour of Nissan’s La Jolla, California design studio
- A People’s Choice Nissan/Datsun/Infiniti car show on Saturday at Qualcomm Stadium. Awards there will be given in the following categories:
- Datsun 240 to 280Z
- Datsun Roadster
- Datsun 510
- Datsun Truck
- Datsun 610/710/810
- Datsun B210
- Nissan Sentra
- Nissan Truck
- Nissan SUV
- Nissan Maxima
- Nissan 200 to 280ZX
- In additon, the three aforementioned gentlemen will each choose 2 winners, one for the car they were responsible for designing (ie, Matsuo-san will choose his favorite 240Z), and one for their favorite car in general at the show.
Registration can be done here at the ZCon website. See you there!