We at JNC are once again extremely proud to share with you the latest Hot Wheels car to wear the JNC inkan. The Nissan Fairlady 2000 will be showing up in stores soon as a 2017 release, part of the “Legends of Speed” mainline series.
You may have seen Hot Wheels designer Jun Imai‘s official preview a couple of days ago, which means we’re now allowed to show you this pre-production sample in all its open glory.
The Datsun Fairlady roadster has been a long time coming. With the multiple 510s, Skylines, S30 Z, Silvia and even 620 models, the Fairlady was the final member of the main Nissan sports family that was missing.
Finished in a classic 70s colorway of pale yellow with maroon racing stripe, the Fairlady roadster comes with a maroon interior and copper-lipped MC5 wheels for a very period Japanese road racer style.
Designed by Jun Imai and 3D-modeled by Manson Cheung, the body has been given a true Hot Wheels makeover in the style of a pre-Oil Crisis Nissan works racer. Flared fenders, a factory hard top, racing mirrors, extractors on the front fenders and a side-dump exhaust are not aftermarket, but inspired by many unmistakable cues from Japanese motorsports lineage.
Though it’s a little difficult to see until you get the model into your hands, the interior features the triple-gauge pods, roll bar and Nissan competition seats from the Nissan Fairlady Z based on Jun Imai’s actual Z.
The Fairlady roadster is a difficult car to translate into a 1:64 scale model, as past attempts by other manufacturers have shown. The stock car is a somewhat narrow with a tall roofline (especially when the hard top is included). In this case, though, the brilliantly widened, tucked, and refined design provide the car with a wide, squatting stance that looks aggressive and purposeful. It’s a truly great casting that we are honored to add to our collection of JNC inkan’d Hot Wheels.
For a complete list of JNC inkan’d Hot Wheels, see the list below.
- Nissan Skyline GT-X hakosuka (2011, white/green with red JNC inkan)
- Mazda RX-7 (2012, black/gold/red with gold JNC inkan)
- Mazda RX-7 (2012, blue/white/orange with orange JNC inkan)
- Mazda RX-7 (2012, white/gold/red with red JNC inkan) — Kroger’s/Ralph’s exclusive
- Toyota AE86 Corolla (2013, black/white with black JNC inkan)
- Toyota AE86 Corolla (2013, white/black with black JNC inkan)
- Toyota Celica 1970 (2013, red/black with black JNC inkan)
- Mazda RX-7 (2013, silver/blue with blue JNC inkan) — Treasure Hunt
- Datsun 620 (2014, orange with black JNC inkan)
- Datsun 620 (2014, blue with black JNC inkan) — KDay exclusive
- Datsun 620 (2014, red with black JNC inkan)
- Datsun 510 wagon (2014, red/white with blue JNC inkan)
- Datsun 510 wagon (2014, dark red/white with blue JNC inkan) — Super Treasure Hunt
- Datsun 240Z (2015, black/blue/gold with blue JNC inkan)
- Datsun 510 wagon (2015, yellow with dark blue JNC inkan)
- Datsun 240Z (2015, white/blue/red with blue JNC inkan)
- Datsun 510 wagon (2015, black with black JNC inkan) — KDay exclusive
- Nissan Fairlady Z (2016, blue/black with white JNC inkan)
- Nissan Skyline GT-X hakosuka (2016, white/blue with red JNC inkan) — Japan Historics premium
- Mazda RX-3 (2016, purple with red JNC inkan) — Japan Historics premium
- Datsun 510 wagon (2016, black with red JNC inkan) — Japan Historics premium
- Toyota 2000GT (2016, yellow/green with red JNC inkan) — Japan Historics premium
- Nissan Skyline GT-R kenmeri (2016, white/black with red JNC inkan) — Japan Historics premium
- Datsun 620 (2016, turquoise with gold JNC inkan) — Car Culture premium
- Nissan Fairlady 2000 (2017, yellow with maroon JNC inkan)
Hey Hot Wheels isn’t it time for some classic early Honda’s to be represented. The painting and striping on the Fairlady is very similar to the ’68 RSC S800 #25.
Maybe a 1967 N600? Maybe with a really early VIN #?
Maybe you can drop a hint to Honda….::wink wink::
so many <3 s
Another lovely example. Sadly they’re almost impossible to find in the UK, just like their full-scale counterpart.
I’ve got a couple if you’re interested?
i have a variety of different Hot Wheels Exotics that i like sharing with the public on my youtube channel called “Raven Kolenda”. New videos at least once a month. go check it out. And don’t forget to subscribe to get your name a shoutout. I am really looking forward to publishing hot new content often.
please – just change th grill and some markings and give us a 1600 as well
Great choice a 2000 Fairlady Roadster. Like the styling. If I am to be picky I would have to say I have never seen flairs that large on a Roadster especially the shape of the front side of the rear flairs. Maybe this needed to be done for manufacturing. Now that I am done being picky the extra wide stance looks cool. Hopefully I will be able to find a few for my collection.
I found one of these in a bookshop while on vacation in Phuket, Thailand.
I Find one in Indonesia Lotte Mart. Look at the picture on my IG Account @iklan.ads