We pooh-poohed Acura’s “Beat That” ad when it came out last October. A video game based on that spot, though? Well, that’s just undeniably cool. Here’s how you can play.
The game is completely web-based, available for a variety of platforms including your computer or mobile device, or Facebook. There are six levels, each with a different playable car. Each one features graphics that mimic those from games made when that car was new.
So for example, Level 1 features the original 1990 NSX in a Rad Racer-esque landscape called 8-Bit Beach. If you can beat the level under a certain time, you can advance to the next one. Here are the six cars and levels:
- Level 1: 1991 Acura NSX – 8-bit Beach
- Level 2: 1998 Acura Integra Type R – Warehouse Complex
- Level 3: 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec – Snowy Summit
- Level 4: Acura ARX-05 Daytona Prototype race car – Grand Prix Circuit
- Level 5: 2020 Acura NSX – Super Skyway
- Level 6: Acura Type S Concept – Cyber Tunnel
As with all arcade games, there’s a leaderboard. You can challenge leaders, which will overlay a ghost version of their car on the level as you play. Or just talk some trash and challenge your friends. It’s a fun way to kill some time and you won’t feel guilty about crashing a real NSX into a palm tree.