With apologies to Jeff Forxworthy here is a list of twelve things that just might make you the owner of an old car. It was compiled by Yee Chan, a graphic designer whose artistic touches will be seen in the next issue of JNC. We can’t reveal everything just yet but it’s going to look amazing.
His daily driver and only car is the black Datsun 240Z shown above at the 2008 Motorsport Auto Z-Car Nationals (and him hanging out in shades behind it). Funny, we knew his car before we knew him. Anyway, without further ado, you just might own a nostalgic if…
You park far away from everyone to avoid door dings.
- You always give the car a backwards glance as you walk away from parking it.
- You feel uncomfortable parking it out in the open, where birds can crap on it.
- You do not let any valet drive your car.
- You sit in the garage, just looking at her.
- You love every angle and crease on your car.
- You know every nut and bolt has been torqued down or secured with Lock-tite by you alone.
- You don’t care about unburned hydrocarbons in the cabin.
- A new Corolla is like a luxury limo to you.
- You want to drive the car as much as possible (optional).
- You are too broke to get another car.
- You stopped seeing a girl, because she said something bad about your car.
Yee came up with this list because he’s done them all himself, even the last one, which is pretty hard core. Got any more to add? Let us know in the comments!