The 2014 Japanese Classic Car Show is just around the corner. this Saturday, September 27. It will be a very special occasion as the JCCS celebrates its 10th anniversary. As promised, there are some surprises in store, and here are a few.
Special Guests. Luminaries of the JNC world will help observe the JCCS’s 10th birthday. They include:
- Peter Brock, founder and chief of the BRE Datsun race team. BRE will unveil a newly restored, never before seen Datsun 240Z street car at JCCS.
- John Morton, BRE’s driver, most famous for piloting the Datsun 510 to victory in the SCCA 2.5 Trans-Am championships. John will be signing autographs at the BRE booth (check for times) and at the JNC booth (11am – 12pm).
- Tom Matano, one of the designers of the NA and NB Mazda Miata and the FD3S RX-7.
- Jun Imai, Hot Wheels designer. Jun will be signing autographs at the JNC booth from 1 – 1:30pm and his 240Z will be on display at the JNC booth as well.
- Ryu Asada, Hot Wheels and Matchbox designer. Ryu has been responsible for penning favorites like the EF Civic and CR-X Hot Wheels, the Matchbox FJ40 Land Cruiser, and many more. Ryu will be at the JNC booth signing autographs from 1 – 1:30pm.
- Peter Cunningham, owner and driver at RealTime Racing. Peter has won 14 World Challenge championships in various Hondas and will be at the Honda booth this year.
- Len Higa, custom bike builder and founder of Oni Motorworks.
Special Cars. Notable cars that will be at JCCS include:
- BRE Datsun 240Z street car. Brock Racing Enterprises will unveil a newly restored, never before seen street version of their iconic 240Z race car.
- Dainichi Race Team Toyota Sports 800. A six-figure race car brought in from Japan.
- Phantom Z. A recreation of the 240Z shooting brake penned by Yoshihiko Matsuo, designer of the orignal S30 Fairlady Z.
JCSpeed. In addition, the JCCS organizers are unveiling a new division called JCSpeed. Look for the “JCSpeed” flags and cars at the show.
Costume Contest. Owners and participants are encouraged to dress in period correct clothing from the 1960s to the 1980s. A costume contest will be held, American Idol style, at the main stage at 12pm.
JNC. Last but not least, we at JNC will have a booth, located by the path connecting the paved area with the lawn, by the water. As mentioned, Jun Imai’s 240Z will be there, and we will have an iconic JDM classic, never before shown in the US, at our booth as well. Stop by and say konichiwa.
The show goes from 9am – 3pm this Saturday, September 27. The location is the same as last year, Harry Bridges Park at the Queen Mary in Long Beach, California. See you there!