SPOCOM Show Adds Old School Category

As the nostalgic car movement gains speed, we are making in-roads into mainstream tuner shows. Case in point: the SpoCom Super Show that takes place every summer at Long Beach has added an Old School category for the first time ever.

It used to be that the only Old School categories were for the Big Three – Ford, Chevy, and Mopar. Now they’ve added a general category for Old School Japanese (1985 and older, but any body style that starts in 1985 is ok, like 1986 Cressida or AE86).

The wonderful people behind JCCS and TORC, who have done so much for our hobby, are making a big push to fill up the show with as many nostalgics as possible, and we want to help!¬†They have a special discounted entry fee ($45 per vehicle includes 2 tickets, regularly $55. Regular admittance is $22.50 for each ticket) that is for old school rides ONLY. So if you’re interested in representing the classics, let us know. The cutoff is July 9. Click here for the coupon code.

This post is filed under: events and
tagged: , .

11 Responses to SPOCOM Show Adds Old School Category

1. cesariojpn said:

Cutoff date? Like, if I had a 1991 Dodge Stealth with Indy 500 Pace Car Decals on it, am I in or out?

2. Komeko said:

“Old School” needs a definition.

Is it everything between two dates?

It usually means anything done in a style previous to the current style, so last season’s style is old school. This meaning is usually an insult or bach handed compliment.

It is also used to say that something is customized with period correct modifications for the time it was made. As in new cutting edge technology is not used.

The term creats more confusion.

3. madfaber said:

I thought I was the only person with a JDM dodge stealth!!

4. Ben said:

The post is updated with the cutoff, 1985 or older. Thanks!

5. Kyusha Kai said:

OH PLEASE LET THEM HAVE AN OLD SCHOOL CATEGORY AT THE HONOLULU SPOCOM! entering this show might actually push me to spend money on my car. hahahaha.

6. Ben said:

I think they are looking for a good response here. So come on, SoCal Represent!

7. cesariojpn said:

@madfaber

Technically, the Dodge Stealth and Mitsubishi 3000GT are Captive Imports. With some minor differences, their the same model.

8. Tyrone said:

I actually live in Long Beach and have a 77 skyline. What are the steps that I need to take and who can I contact to get entry? When is the date of the show?

9. fred said:

Hello, is a ’85 PRELUDE considerer as an old school?