#
It is currently Mon Sep 29, 2014 11:00 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 79 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: TE72_Sunny's 1980 B310 Sunny
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 2:52 pm 

I've been a member for sometime and I think it's time for you guys to take a look at my B310. I bought her off from my brother's neighbor in the Summer of 2009, who intentionally bought it for his grandson who never really cared for the car and left her sitting in the garage. The owner prior to him chopped up her springs, removed bumpers (which I hate the fact he did), filled up the hatch with speakers and put on some 13" Baby Supra rims with Datsun (Sentra) center caps. The car is obviously stock, automatic, with no mods whatsoever and I left her sitting in the garage for a year. This is how she was looking a few months ago:

Speakers in the trunk gives it that damn boat look!

Engine

Interior - All original
This is what she had in the hatch giving her the boat look with all that extra weight :x
Luckily I was fortunate enough to sell it on CL and made a few $$$'s 8) and this is how the hatch is now.
I love my old school rides as simple as can be.

Last edited by te72_sunny on Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 3:21 pm 

So in April I ended up buying a very clean set of Longchamps, 15"x7" front/15"x7.5" back, from a member at club4ag forums in Cali, thanks Oliver! This is how I got them... very clean!

Though, I ran into a problem.... which was the clearance in the rear. The tires were wrapped in 195/50/15 in front and 205/50/15 in the back, and were not fitting in. I didn't want to roll the fenders in, or in this case the quarter panels, so the only solution was tire stretching... this was my intention anyways :lol: . Luckily, with the money I made from the speakers I bought a set of 155/60/15 tires. So this is how she sits now.

Notice, no more boat look. (I still think an inch less from the front is needed.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:04 pm 

have you considered rolling the inner lips of the fenders? that looks like way more than enough clearance

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:26 pm 

I want to avoid rolling them, but I got over that when I put on the new tires. I have to roll them in in the future if I get wider rims. BTW that's one hot S12 you got there... I hated them at one point, but you made me a believer, keep up the good work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:28 pm 

Nice looking car. Too bad about the springs though. But you should be able to find a new set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:36 pm 

Thanks! Not worried about the springs for now I'll take care of it in the future.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:46 pm 

Absolutely gorgeous... 8)

Quote:

I would love to find another one of these for a daily driver... :x

Post subject: Re: TE72_Sunny's 1980 B310 Sunny
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:51 pm 

TE72_Sunny wrote:
The owner prior to him chopped up her springs, removed bumpers (which I hate the fact he did)

FYI, you can buy fiberglass JDM bumpers here:

http://www.restored.jp/englishtop.htm

http://www.restored.jp/b310sunnyparts.htm

A nice affordable option that would make the package complete. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:13 pm 

Nice b310 dude!!! it's so clean and look a million times better with those damn ugly bench bumpers. it looks great slammed too...did u cut the springs or did u get lowering springs? 205 tires of any size(13inch etc) are too big for a b310...mine has 205s and it has bad clearance issues...at stock ride height. check out my b310!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:43 pm 

man that looks awesome! longchamps set it right off!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:00 pm 

datsunfreak wrote:
Absolutely gorgeous... 8)

Quote:

I would love to find another one of these for a daily driver... :x

Thanks! Very hard to find one, especially in good condition... goodluck with that search. They're pretty rare for some reason.

datsunfreak wrote:
TE72_Sunny wrote:
The owner prior to him chopped up her springs, removed bumpers (which I hate the fact he did)

FYI, you can buy fiberglass JDM bumpers here:

http://www.restored.jp/englishtop.htm

http://www.restored.jp/b310sunnyparts.htm

A nice affordable option that would make the package complete. 8)

Yeah, I've taken a look at their site before, but fiberglass will be my last resort cause I really want them chrome!!! They're so sexy in chrome, although I can send the fiberglass ones to chrome... hmmmm :twisted:

sunny310 wrote:
Nice b310 dude!!! it's so clean and look a million times better with those damn ugly bench bumpers. it looks great slammed too...did u cut the springs or did u get lowering springs? 205 tires of any size(13inch etc) are too big for a b310...mine has 205s and it has bad clearance issues...at stock ride height. check out my b310!!

Thanks! I don't know... I kinda like the bumpers, but as I wrote to datsunfreak I would really want a pair of chrome jdm bumpers similar to that JCCA B310. They're really sweet looking! The owner prior to the one I bought it from chopped the springs, but I'm thinking of dropping in some AE86 or 280Z suspension in the future. BTW your car has a lot of potential! Bring it over to the states... hey I would love to take those bumpers off of your hands :D !
goon bag wrote:
man that looks awesome! longchamps set it right off!

Thanks that is the reason why I jumped on the longchamps. You don't know how bad I wanted those wheels just for this particular car, especially since they're harder to find in the East Coast of the USA. Regardless, I had to get them from California, but it worked perfectly. Exactly how I envisioned my car!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:53 pm 

TE72_Sunny wrote:
Thanks! Very hard to find one, especially in good condition... goodluck with that search. They're pretty rare for some reason.

They aren't too tough to find here, though. I've owned 5 so far... :P

But you said a mouthful with "good condition". Two of mine were decent (not great), two really nice, and one a total beater. Both of the "nice" cars were one owner cars that I had to pry out of the owner's hands. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 7:39 pm 
JNC Fanatic

Wow!! Putting the Sentra center caps on Baby Supras is so OLD SCHOOL, we used to do that back in the 80's and early 90's. That was definitely an East Coast thing. lol :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:51 pm 

@te72...i wish i could bring it over but dont kno if i can. i plan to buy one soon(when i get a job)...i want get a 79 2 door sedan with an A14 or A15 and 4 speed. i prefer the round headlight models. my dad had 2 of those when i was a kid...thats why im in love with b310s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:45 am 

Sweet looking B310. Definitely liking the longchamps. I'm more a fan of smaller wheels on these cars but the 15s actually don't look bad. I didn't know the coupes came with a sunroof option, that's cool.

What engine is in there? Gonna swap out that auto tranny for a manual setup?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:58 am 

datsunfreak wrote:
They aren't too tough to find here, though. I've owned 5 so far... :P

But you said a mouthful with "good condition". Two of mine were decent (not great), two really nice, and one a total beater. Both of the "nice" cars were one owner cars that I had to pry out of the owner's hands. :mrgreen:

Wow, such luck! I barely see them in Jersey and if I have they were not hatchback. To be honest my car was the first hatchback I've seen in my life! That was before I started researching them and joining forums of course.

KresSlyda180 wrote:
Wow!! Putting the Sentra center caps on Baby Supras is so OLD SCHOOL, we used to do that back in the 80's and early 90's. That was definitely an East Coast thing. lol :)

You know it man!

sunny310 wrote:
@te72...i wish i could bring it over but dont kno if i can. i plan to buy one soon(when i get a job)...i want get a 79 2 door sedan with an A14 or A15 and 4 speed. i prefer the round headlight models. my dad had 2 of those when i was a kid...thats why im in love with b310s.

Good luck with both the job and car search. I know what you're going through.

slims wrote:
Sweet looking B310. Definitely liking the longchamps. I'm more a fan of smaller wheels on these cars but the 15s actually don't look bad. I didn't know the coupes came with a sunroof option, that's cool.

What engine is in there? Gonna swap out that auto tranny for a manual setup?

Thanks man. It's an A15, but I want to make a complete swap to either an SR or RB with a manual trans, but who knows how soon that'll be. BTW that's not a factory sunroof, it was customized probably sometime in the 80s or 90s.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 6:24 am 

Ah OK, was wondering about that sunroof since yours is the first B310 I've ever seen with one.

SR swaps have been done in these cars before. I haven't seen any RB swaps though. That would be insane! Would probably be harder to fit but people have put V8s in 1200 Datsuns so anything is possible. SR20DETs can be fun though. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:33 pm 

I'm not sure why they put the sunroof, but I guess it was the trend at the time since I do remember a bunch of 80's cars with custom sunroofs back in the 90's.
Yeah I'm debating what engine I should get in the future. I know SR's can make some serious power, but we'll see. It's not going to happen anytime soon though.

BTW, Barbados is beautiful! I was there during a cruise... very nice island and people. I was also impressed when I saw was a White R33 or R34 Skyline, Very Nice! Oh and is that a pic of your car?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:23 am 

I wish that was my car! :lol: That's a local rally car that used to look like a basic B310 with fender flares and an aspirated SR20 but over the last couple years has been built into a widebody, SR20DET powered, drift machine.

Check this link for more info:
http://www.zhaust.com/z/content/view/133/37/

My car is here: http://www.japanesenostalgiccar.com/for ... php?t=4555 I haven't updated that thread in ages though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2010 3:48 pm 

Nice! I remember seeing your thread but I thought you turned it into that rally car. Good luck on your build!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 79 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next