#
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 2:35 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:26 am 
JNC Enthusiast

xs10shl wrote:
I have a 10 and a 110. I think I posted pictures on this site a while back which you can use for your files. The 10 will be at the Palo Alto Concours in a few weeks. If you stop by be sure to say hello.

Yes, I do recall seeing the pictures. I'll do my best to be there on sunday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2010 7:47 am 

i have yet to see one in the bay area :( well other than a few years ago there was the gray one from out of state at the japan town show. i hear there are a few around here, but they are very mysterious lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 5:22 pm 

TheMange wrote:
there is an 81 coupe in the junk yard here in sc. I know I sent it there.

I seem to remember a thread on a different forum about someone finding a rusty C211 Skyline in an East Coast junkyard a while back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:27 am 
JNC Enthusiast

I know this car that was found at the wreckers.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccp_N7mlgzM[/quote]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:40 am 

its crazy that it was found in a junk yard...

man...if i was walking through picknpull and saw a skyline i think it would be the equivalent of winning the lottery(to me) or getting struck by lightning..drooolllllll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:54 pm 
Administrator

Norcal510 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccp_N7mlgzM

that could be a bit misleading as it was a race car, not a junk car
the p.o. either worked at a yard or owned a lot, but that ken wasn't going to the crusher or for parts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 2:54 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

matt wrote:
Norcal510 wrote:

the p.o. either worked at a yard or owned a lot, but that ken wasn't going to the crusher or for parts

Here is the info I found on another Z related site a while back. Which is why I said it was found at the junkyard.

Quote:
" Who said you can’t find rare jdm cars in junkyards in the US. It was $4500 back in 03.

I'll tell you what I know about it:

It was brought in in the late 70s early 80s and race locally in Southern California under the SCCA I believe - Its title sponsor was Curry House - a Japanese restaurant chain with outlets in and around Los Angeles. From talking to some of the guys involved in SCCA back then (namely the Firehawk series which is basically a previous iteration of what has now become the Speedvision TOuring car series), they do remember having seen the car around on the track.

It was discovered about 18mo ago in the domestic section of an Azusa junkyard and purchased for $1000 or thereabouts. That guy knew what it was which is why he bought it but didn't do anything with it, he towed it to the MSA show in Orange in 2002 and I guess it changed hands since and is now back up for grabs?

It has a very large L28Turbo with all the right kind of plumbing, it hasn't run in YEARS (like at least a decade) but show's no major problems from what I could tell - no interior and no huge spots of rust either....

Like I said if I had the cash I would already have snapped it up... "

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:25 pm 

Nismopunch wrote:
i have yet to see one in the bay area :( well other than a few years ago there was the gray one from out of state at the japan town show. i hear there are a few around here, but they are very mysterious

Not sure if it was mentioned, but there's a member here with a white C10 4dr in the bay area. :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 7:27 pm 

datsunfreak wrote:

Not sure if it was mentioned, but there's a member here with a white C10 4dr in the bay area. :tu:

Love the looks of the 4-door. I hope he can post a few pictures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:57 pm 
Administrator

Norcal510 wrote:
matt wrote:
Norcal510 wrote:

Here is the info I found on another Z related site a while back. Which is why I said it was found at the junkyard.

Quote:
" Who said you can’t find rare jdm cars in junkyards in the US. It was $4500 back in 03.

I'll tell you what I know about it:

It was brought in in the late 70s early 80s and race locally in Southern California under the SCCA I believe - Its title sponsor was Curry House - a Japanese restaurant chain with outlets in and around Los Angeles. From talking to some of the guys involved in SCCA back then (namely the Firehawk series which is basically a previous iteration of what has now become the Speedvision TOuring car series), they do remember having seen the car around on the track.

It was discovered about 18mo ago in the domestic section of an Azusa junkyard and purchased for $1000 or thereabouts. That guy knew what it was which is why he bought it but didn't do anything with it, he towed it to the MSA show in Orange in 2002 and I guess it changed hands since and is now back up for grabs?

It has a very large L28Turbo with all the right kind of plumbing, it hasn't run in YEARS (like at least a decade) but show's no major problems from what I could tell - no interior and no huge spots of rust either....

Like I said if I had the cash I would already have snapped it up... "

speaking of junkyard finds, at about the same time an s54b was found at a local ecology
(but that was before there was a way to purchase a car outright from those yards)

sad thing is a "friend" knew about the car before it was in the wrecking yard but refused to give us the contact info until it was too late

at least the steering wheel was removed and shipped to japan :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:57 pm 

the ken meri that norcal510 is talking about never ended up in any junkyard and never went to oregon the car sat in pomona and riverside for at least 10 years or so was raced in mid to late 80s by some idiots that probably worked at curry house but sure didnt know how to work on cars that c110 has gone through alot but was never in a junkyard. beleive me i know i was a previous owner of the car...

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2