#
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:56 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 5   [ 88 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 10:13 pm 

Or run a matching pair on either side you can't see both sides ant the same time any way :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:14 am 

i have def thought about side-to-side or a front and back set-up. but i think i already found another mesh wheel. Still looking for 2 Ronal r9's in 16x8.

Crown69-one of these wheels was used once or twice, i still havn't got it clean! i got down on it for like 2-3 hours with a toothbrush, rags, sponge and big brush. i am starting to think it's impossible!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:24 am 

Well it's been awhile, i found my 4th wheel pretty easily. And it is about time to use them! My hybrib 7m/5m engine has fired and will be ready for the streets this weekend. It's a 7M bottom end with a 5m top. Big thanks to Garagezero. They made this happen. One pic and a video.

sorry i can't seem to steal the video from facebook, but here is a link.

http://www.facebook.com/p.php?i=1148540 ... 5771634660

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 7:36 am 
Administrator

kudos for actually sticking with a project and finishing it 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2010 8:33 pm 

I like it. Basically what you have there is a 6MG. a 6MG is a 3 liter that looks like a 5MG and shares many parts with the 7M.

I want to do that with mine but go turbo. get a 7MGT turbo and manifold and bolt it on that thing!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:57 pm 

robakun wrote:
I like it. Basically what you have there is a 6MG. a 6MG is a 3 liter that looks like a 5MG and shares many parts with the 7M.

I want to do that with mine but go turbo. get a 7MGT turbo and manifold and bolt it on that thing!

Hell yeah! Turbo for the future for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 8:14 am 

i have had the car back for about 2 weeks now. It is so fun to drive, gets lots of strange comments out there. peaple really pay attention to it when i'm out, i think because of it's american car looks. Still breaking in the 6m but it's running great, plus the Supra Mark II brakes are stopping it nicely. I planned on getting the 16" enkei's on there, but the steelies are growing on me. And peaple seem to love them. Well i would have updated sooner but i waited to get some real nice pics from my friends at our annual July 4th meet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:57 am 

:tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu: :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:26 am 

Love. This. Car :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:29 pm 

its kinda cool seeing another car just like mine getting all fixed up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:31 pm 

CharlieBucket wrote:
I planned on getting the 16" enkei's on there, but the steelies are growing on me. And peaple seem to love them...

Definitely! :tu:

If I still had mine, that's the way I'd have gone...

Really wish I had kept mine. Especially after seeing these pics... :cry:

Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 7:02 pm 

some details on the suspension drop and brake upgrade, killer ride you got there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:55 am 

thanks everyone

Yours was the one that got me wanting a crown so bad. So you may have sold it, but at least you insppired me! Thanks
btw-what happened to yours? i remember the paint job and big wheels and then for sale again.............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:12 am 

Thanks everyone! :D

[quote="datsunfreak"]

[quote]

Yours was the one that got me wanting a crown so bad. So you may have sold it, but at least you inspired me! Thanks
btw-what happened to yours? i remember the paint job and big wheels and then for sale again.............

The Brakes are a full setup from a mark II supra. rotors, calipers the whole deal. First i tried to fix the stock brakes and every store would order me the wrong pads! They always said no problem on the ordering and then sent me the wrong ones. So i tried to just slap on Toyota 4x4 calipers, no go off by like 1/32 of an inch or something. So close! So i sent it off to Garagezero {a local classic japanese custom/repair shop} and they took care of it. Full custom i guess you'd say. No major cutting/welding. And i always try to save most the original parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:02 am 

The Brakes are a full setup from a mark II supra. rotors, calipers the whole deal.
just to make sure , you used mk II or mkIII supra brakes? thought the the mk II came four lug?
anyways , i might be picking up a 69 crown myself. hope you dont mind if i ask you a bunch of questions on it, if i do pick it up that is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:05 pm 

buy it!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:06 am 

Very nice! Congrats on getting her running again! I noticed you were able to keep the original upper intake plenum. Did you use a different master cylinder, or did you trim the plenum down a bit? BTW, I'm loving the stance! I'm considering chopping mine down more and more!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:41 am 

280zx master cylinder. i have a rx7 throttle cable too! We use what we can find over here! It rides real smooth to be so low, but i am shreading some rubber in the fronts. i need some tiny 17" tires to stretch on there. I am still considering the much lighter 16x8 enkei 92's i have since ithe steering box has started to clunk and wobble a bit. These wheels must weigh twice as much as stock and the steering box isn't liking it.

Post subject: Re: 1969 Toyota Crown
PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:50 pm 

Hey I sent you a PM on another car forum (Fresh Georgia or something like that) but thought why no post on here as well so more people can see what you can do with such a car. I'm a Datsun guy but while at my local junkyard today I came a cross this clean, intact, complete 1969 Toyota Crown and snapped some pics. I posted them on Ratsun.net in the non-Datsun car section and asked why would anyone put this beautiful car out to pasture? I didn't take pics of everything but man the interior was complete and intact, I was taken by the mint headliner, the straight and clean bumpers...basically everything was original and in pretty damn good condition if I do say so. Anyway I did a google search to find pictures of another Crown to see what it 'could' look like and that's how I'm here. I joined just to post this for you. I'm sure it's a rare car and getting parts for it must be hard enough. Not to mention one of the same color! Man I wish I could save this but I already have 5 cars and no garage!!!

Thread I posted them in:
http://community.ratsun.net/topic/35293 ... like-this/

Pics:
sorry they're not showing up since they're bigger than 800 pixels wide (lame!)

Post subject: Re: 1969 Toyota Crown
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:31 pm 

Thanks man! I love that peaple can find me when a car like this pops up. 71 Dimer and i are chatting about getting me some parts hopefully.
Since my thread was bumped i will show you guys the Enkei's i put on. not many good pics yet, as the car has been at GarageZero {local vintage jap shop in atlanta} Nothing major going down, just waiting to find a few elusive parts.
So steelies or 92's? I found them almost brand new with a factory white finish. Wasn't the color of choice, but i think i like them. But brake dust is killing me, they where spotless on July 4th, and by the time i got to the show, they had brake dust all over. Anyone ever use dust shields?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 5   [ 88 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next