#
It is currently Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:39 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 37 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:07 pm 

No the other pink one is a GA, and is in Adelaide, South Australia.

Unfortunately my one was smashed into by a truck in 1996. I managed to get it back driving again, but was then stolen and recovered. I'm glad I got my wheels back, and stripped and scrapped the rest. Was sad to see it go. It had twin carbs the same as my wagon (different set though), and was auto. I built it to slow myself down after losing my license driving my Datsun 1200 coupe. I had an A14 in the coupe, it was pretty quick in it's day, but it used to break everything, I got over it real quick...

As for the GA/ GB wagons, I'm not sure about the GA's but I had a GB wagon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 10:54 pm 
Administrator

so did the other pink 4dr get his inspiration from yours? :)
were they actually the same exact shade?
and where does that colour come from originally?
i see it not infrequently on aussie 4's and rotaries ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:57 am 

G'day Dan, good to see you on here.

The name of the colour I used was 'Plum Loco' it was an Australian colour from Leyland from 1973 from a Marina (same year as my GB). The GA from Adelaide you are referring to is actually metallic not a solid colour like mine, but they are very close.
Here was my inspiration.

Here's another pic of the GB finished. I hate to say I copied something, but I did. There was a sedan RX3 the same colour at the same show (Feb 1994). It really hit me when I saw it. It was hard to make a Galant stand out in Oz, so I needed something dramatic. So I went hunting for the perfect shade. I thought it looked good, I still do, but just quietly (don't tell anyone). I painted the wheels in aqua from a KE55 Corolla, to match the small graphic on the bottom of the rear doors. By the way, that is my wife washing the windscreen, we were on our honeymoon, and that was the cars first big trip. Newcastle, Tammworth, Dubbo, Bathurst, and then back to Newcastle. July 1995...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 5:04 am 

nice cars mate, i like the wagon its subtle but really really nice!
shame about the sedans ending though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2010 1:03 pm 

Here's another one of my cars, 1978 LB lancer hatch. I built this one up also, it was originally silver. I got bored with this and gave it to my soon-to-be wife. I wanted something that stood out more, got sick of old ladies saying it was a really nice colour. That was when I built up the GB, I think I managed to get that to stand out more. :wink:
The Lancer took me 10 months to build. It was just a stock 4G32B 1.6 5 speed drive train I took from a rusty LC hatch. I bought it without motor or box, it was originally an auto.

This photo was taken at the same car show as the pink RX3. It was Feb 1994, the day after I had just got the Lancer rego'd for the first time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 3:39 am 

burabuda wrote:
btw, what green did you respray?

Here is the car that was the inspiration for the colour on my wagon... The colour hasn't shown up very well and the pic is out of focus, but you get the idea... I took this to the paint shop and 2 days later they rang me and said they'd found it.
The closest colour to it was off a 1999 Kia (don't know if you have them in the US). They are Korean.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:36 pm 
Administrator

seems to be one of those colours that has to be seen in person. the pictures probably don't do it justice :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:07 am 

burabuda wrote:
seems to be one of those colours that has to be seen in person. the pictures probably don't do it justice Smile

Just pop on over for a look :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 10:00 am 
JNC Fanatic

75wagon wrote:
I wanted something different and bright colours were the in thing back in the early 90's here. :oops:

HAHAA! It was the same around here, too. Yeah, around '91 my friend had a lime green 72 Datsun 1200 and I had a lavender 82 Corolla SR5 hardtop. The looks and stares we got were priceless. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 12:24 am 

Yep, it's funny how time changes what's cool and what's not. Did the US (or anywhere else) go through the Benetton stage (interiors coloured red blue yellow and green, all at the same time)? Australia did in the early 90's. 'drops then shakes head, and walks away'.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 20, 2010 8:12 am 
Administrator

thankfully it never made it over here :shock:
but i recall perusing the issues of fast 4's looking in vain for unmolested interiors

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:18 pm 

clean interiors are hard to come by!....and unfortunately the aussies are pretty bad when it comes to 'modifying' (gauges on the top of the dash?!)

...(not you, 75wagon)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:19 pm 

I like a well planned modification that looks like it was meant to be there. I even like some of the modern looks that car's are sporting with everything covered in leather. But for the wagon I just had to keep it looking as original as possible (I like to call it improved production). But I had to change the standard seats, steering wheel and wheels. Who knows the next one might get a bit wilder...

This site doesn't have a :think: emoticon, I would have used it at the end if there was one....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2010 5:10 am 

Today Australia Day (Public Holiday), some friends came over for the day. A couple are members of the sigma-galant.com site, ffiona (who is a professional photographer) was one of them and she took some more pics of the wagon, just thought I'd share them... The location is 2 blocks from my house....
ffiona's work can be viewed at http://www.simplesite.com/ffirephoto she has taken other pics on the sigma-galant.com cruises too. I hope you like her work....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 6:07 pm 

Not much has been happening lately with the wagon. I've had plenty of other commitments that have kept me busy. But I do have an update that is photo worthy...
I finally added the badges to go with the Carbs...
Bought some GS badges from Shamcos (from Malaysia).
Before__________________________________________________and After
Image________________Image

Image___Image

and just for curiosity sake here is what they look like on GD and the hardtop grills.

Image___Image

Dave...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 1:24 pm 
Administrator

Those are very nice photos by the gas station.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 9:42 am 

sigma-galant re-union happening here lol

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 37 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2