#
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 9:32 am

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: New owner of 1970 KC30 Laurel coupe
PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 11:23 pm 

Hi everyone! Well, I'm the new owner of a 1970 Nissan Laurel coupe (KC30) with the original G18 engine.
I'm currently in Okinawa (Japan) and just paid for it yesterday, waiting on the transfer paperwork right now, scheduled to pick it up next week.
I'll have it here for a few months, then take it to the New Mexico desert of the US. It'll be good for it as some rust spots are getting bad, but the body's actually very good for a 1970 car on Okinawa.
It's been tricky finding info and parts available for this. I originally planned to find an old car with an ok body that could be redone and have an SR20DET dropped in. But when I found this in such good condition and with the original engine, I decided to keep it that way. Though G18 parts are even harder to find, so it may be an option later if the engine dies. I'm planning to get new shocks (KYB) and springs (whatever I can find that makes them) before I leave Okinawa, and hopefully find new intake and exhaust setup.
Anyways, here's the pics from the listing I that I found it with and a cell phone pic from the day I bought it. I'll get more as soon as I have the paperwork sorted out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:04 am 
Administrator

Uber cool. will probably be the first one in the states

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 5:39 am 

Fantastic! I should think springs intended for a 510 would work in a C30 as they have very similar suspension. There's not a huge amount of difference in size between C30 and 510 so I don't think spring poundage would be a problem. I had a C30 sedan some years ago ...here's a pic of it with my 510 at the time...

I have a factory service manual for the C30 and also a G series engine manual if you need them. I also have a parts catalogue on microfiche.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:52 am 

Thanks for the tip about the springs. I still have to research suspension stuff, I've seen something about possibly using C10 Skyline suspension parts.

I would love to get info from the service manual and engine manual. Let me know what I can do to get that. It'd help a lot, as I'm entering new territory for me. I'm used to dealing with ECUs and Turbos, now I've got a Carburator... And the fun part is when I ship it, it's going to be leaving sea level hi humidity for 4000ft and dry weather. So I'll have to re-tune the carb and I've never done anything like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:37 am 

C10 stuff would most likely work too. They certainly use the same rear suspension.

It might be tough to find but a G20 engine with twin Hitachi SU's would be worthwhile. The Hitachis would be easier to tune as well. The G series was fitted in the C130 Laurel as well as the C30 and some C10's, although I don't think those got the 2.0L. The C130 hardtop definately came with a 2.0L G series and dual carbs as there's one in my shed:lol: Unfortunately it's not mine, I'm just looking after it. I know the guy who owns it plans to fit a six so I guess he might be willing to sell the induction from that. I can ask. Here's the C130 hardtop engine...

Well, scanning the manuals entirely would be too much as there's a lot of pages but if you want them I have no problem shipping them anywhere. Or I can maybe scan a few pages as and when you need info. I've actually got the manuals up on Ebid but if you're not a member that's not a problem. I had them listed for $13 for the pair. I can get you a price on shipping if you want.

I have a couple of JDM KC30 sales brochures too if you'd like some scans. They are on my website as PDFs...
http://www.ratdat.com/?page_id=20

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 1:02 pm 
Administrator

ok this thread is being locked, because a 2nd is already running in the nissan datsun garage
viewtopic.php?t=10077 8)

Forum lockedPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]