Little bit of an update after a long time, had a lot of work getting it ready for mot, thats done so now i can look at getting the car rustfree and with a little modern updates.
Took out the front window today, cut the rubber in pieces because it was all gone and couldnot be reused, kept one part uncut so i can use that as an example when i look for a universal new rubber.
Now i have to take out the dashboard and the headliner and the complete window surrounding can be sanded, weld in a few new pieces of rustfree metal and then primed and painted.
Will take the dash to the interior shop and have that retrimmed with leather or maybe they have a better suggestion to make that as new.
After the window i took out the engine to make room for the heavily discussed new one:
When the engine was out i started to see how i could make the s14 front subframe fit the car without using an angle grinder or welder to the chassis as i want to keep that as original as possible because this car is a classic car and we have to keep them like they are.
After some measuring and testfitting this is what i ended up with:
I filed out one hole to an oval shape and welded on a piece of metal for the other hole. Now it bolts straight to the original subframe holes from the car.
Will testfit the engine when i have fully welded the strip and fitted the subframe under the car.
If the engine fits like this i can bolt on the suspension, i will have powersteering, adjustable suspension, camber correction and bigger vented brakes.