#
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:33 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 9   [ 176 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 19, 2010 4:06 pm 

Read about your car in the supermarket the other day. Signed up to tell you its a sick ride dude. Id love to find one for a project car instead of a ae86.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 2:51 am 

thanks man lol

summer is here! and my finals are over, there's a track event planned on June 4 so here's hoping that I can get everything ready by then.

Relaxing, beautiful weather, laying on the floor looking back, and taking off my exhaust to fix a leak

welded on a new flange, not too bad for flux core!

grip taped pedals

gas is cool, I haven't driven this thing in so long

And this hood mod keeps getting more convenient, letting me work under my garage ceiling light
Image[/img]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 7:14 am 

Congrats on the Magazine coverage.

It was amazing to see a car with a KA in it not getting slammed on in Super Street.

Outstanding job on your ride as well.

Old School Rules
'91 S13 Fastback Saki Sipper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:15 pm 

whats up from north carolina. i just got done looking at your build tread on S-Chassis i have seen this car all over the internet i LOVE it even got fussed at on zilvia for quoting a pic of it in a no quot tread. when you look at this car all you can say is ( damn that thing is sick as hell) i said it and all my friends say the samething every time i show it to one of them i have just one question is there any wiring to this swap??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 8:20 pm 

wtf kinda question is that

yes you have to wire it; there was no factory KA option for this car....... its not that complicated though

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 10:32 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

7 or 8 wires are all that is neccesary to get a ka running.

1970 C30 Laurel
1972 240Z
1973 610 Wagon
1977 260Z
1995 Micra
1999 200SX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 12:30 am 

GF got me a nardi for my bday! 340mm nardi classic

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 9:56 am 
Mild Cam

Very nice! What are you doing with the Namco wheel, now?

1988 Mazda RX-7
Ex-JNCs: 1980 Datsun 510, 1979 Mazda RX-7, 1986 Mazda RX-7, 1992 Mazda Miata

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2010 2:36 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Nice touch on the Nardi.

My favorite steering wheel is Nardi.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:08 am 

the namco is gonna go on the GF's ra64 hehe

copied this over from my blog--

S12 AND BUTTONWILLOW RACEWAY

Man, what a fucking trip! I had a BLAST, thanks Son for hosting such a dope event! There was so much seat time and it was really chill.

Driving there wasn't too bad, until the whole tread of a tire flew into my car. I was driving close behind a friend and it just went right under him and flew out right into my lip, smashing off one of the lip supports and a few zipties so it was saggy the rest of the day. And right before my group went out for their first session, I find out that the tire bent my exhaust up enough that it grinded against an axle and made a hideous noise. Luckily, it was metal to metal and it didn't do any real damage. I spent a good half hour fixing that and then hit the skid pad.

After drift-o-cross last September, I didn't think I was really ready for the track. It's intimidating man! During drift-o-cross, I wasn't really feeling the car and spun out more often than I liked. But after the new tension rods and alignment, the car felt like a whole 'nother car all together! I went out and did a couple figure 8's and decided to hit the track with group C immediately since I missed my group. Went around for the cold lap, and it's pretty scary at first(especially phil hill, jesus) but right after the cold lap I clutch kicked into the zorro(check the track layout) and the car felt great. The seemingly narrow track felt much wider after the confidence kicked in and I got that GROOVE ON.

With the new caster (6ish, stock is 4 for s12), the steering return was really great. The car responded super well and I started trying to connect the turns in the zorro. I also power overed a lot in the beginning, only to realize how dope some clutch kicking would do. Matt9000 sat in the car for a couple sessions and helped me master clutch kicking the entire sweeper at the bottom of west loop with a single clutch kick (with KA!). I revved the crap out of this thing, I hit the rev limiter like all day! (thanks again Hung for wiring up that digi tach, haha so I know now)

The car was also really, really reliable. I lasted longer than a lot of the dudes at the event. It was 95F there and my car stayed at a consistent 185F the entire time, no spikes. I dirt dropped a lot and kept sliding until I hit pavement again and also slid into a lot of burms, making the front of the car bounce all over the place but the car just kept sliding and handling like a champ. Every time I hit the dirt and rocks, I'd feel it under the car and immediately eyeball the oil pressure gauge.

OIL PRESSURE?

GOOD.

And kept it going.

It was great to finally reap the benefits of all my work/time/money. The car was really amazing this time around. The tires lasted forever too! I really didn't expect that with -5.5 camber and 1.3 total toe-in the rear. I started the day with some super DEAD 195/50/15 federals and that lasted me a good two sessions, could have lasted one more. And the entire rest of the day I was on my semi-new 205/50/15 falken ziex 512's that I had bought before JCCS last year. I drove the dick out of those until I heard some flapping noises against the car and that was pretty much the entire day.

The driving was pretty much all day from 9-5pm and it was really casual with a ridiculous amount of seat time. There were groups but eventually people just went out whenever they wanted to. Track etiquette was also good and all the guys present were good peoples. Lots of bromo times and just all around too much fun. Can't wait for the next event!

On another note, I was really, seriously planning on swapping the rear end to a ford solid axle. But after how well the car performed at buttonwillow, FARK it. Even the tire wear was great so I honestly won't even bother. Money better spent on tires!

There was NO MEDIA there, pretty bummed. I gave my camera to Trinh and Yuta though and they got some pics from a spectator area but only from a couple angles. I think there might have been a little video with point and shoots so I hope stuff like that eventually floats around.

I DIDN'T RAISE MY CAR! I was surprised how well it drove, no problems whatsoever at my height. The PBM coilovers too! Bouncy and horrid on the street but rides like butter on the track. It's like night and day.

rubber from full lock after first sesh

Manny's car getting super dug in

Alex's car also getting dug in... Hahaha!

Yuta bro checking it out

Of all the rest of the dry dirt Alex, jesus

hit the burm and keep going man!

Bryant getting stuck. this guy was crazy on the track

And the falken ziex 512's that lasted me most of the day, not bad!

end of the day

and incredibly tired, home. car made it in one piece and gave me absolutely no problems! Damage was pretty minimal too, a ton of dirt and rubber, lip support, lost a couple interior pieces, snapped a sunroof cover bracket, and the rear pleather from my hatch is like falling off.

And you can probably tell how excited I am with all those exclamation marks, I'm stoked on just talking about it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 4:26 pm 

Who said you need to have a sr20det to have fun at the track..... b-(O_O)-d

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:19 pm 

Image[/url]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:36 am 
JNC Enthusiast

You have a wipermonster! 8)

1970 C30 Laurel
1972 240Z
1973 610 Wagon
1977 260Z
1995 Micra
1999 200SX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 4:18 pm 

Just tested out the front extended studs on the back and they seem to fit perfectly, finally gonna have 1.5 pitch all around instead of running separate lug nuts front and back. Also gotta completely renew my e-brake lines and rear rotors/pads and maybe even calipers too to get them to lock up for those early entries!

OH AND I'm selling my 15x7-1 longchamps and 15x7.5-12 work equips in order to get some really rad wheels. more on that later

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:39 pm 

the thing i like about your ride is that it is a fearly stock ka24de and your fucken drifting it with out any forced induction thats fucken assume :tu: :tu: :mrgreen: ..... have you thought of flashing/piggy backing or geting a stand alone ecu... or a multiple spark C.D.I (msd/crane..ect) ....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:32 pm 

love your car man, absolutely awesome!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 9:13 am 
JNC Enthusiast

asparagus wrote:

OH AND I'm selling my 15x7-1 longchamps and 15x7.5-12 work equips in order to get some really rad wheels. more on that later

I am interested in these wheels! can you send me a pm with prices?

1970 C30 Laurel
1972 240Z
1973 610 Wagon
1977 260Z
1995 Micra
1999 200SX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:17 pm 

thanks guys! I plan on keeping the KA as just as it is, nearly completely stock. Just gotta get a better clutch probably after the next event. The KA has more than enough power and really it just makes you learn how to drive better and toss the car around more. One of the craziest drivers at ASBX was a stock KA s14 and that thing super surpassed anyone's expectations. I'm definitely sticking to the KA after seeing a few guys drive the tits off their KA's. Can't complain when practically every part is available at your local parts store.

@eric

sending PM

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:00 pm 

Image[/list]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:35 pm 

My absolute most favoritest wheel, in the perfect size... So jealous... :P

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 9   [ 176 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next