#
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:51 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 8   [ 160 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:38 am 

dmg1979 wrote:
Thanks Glomerus. Will keep you guys updated on what happens to the bumper.

In the mean time, I just got these from Scudracer (my brother). Thanks, dawg!!!

I already got the car roadworthy mechanically but it still looks like @$$. At last I got some reference for restoring the car. The service manual seems to be a new reprint. Kind of pricey, but what the heck.

At last, I can experience bowel movement............. :x

WOW,WOW,WOW! I can't even dream about such books here, in Ukraine!
My congratulations! Is there any info about G18 engine?

Nissan Skyline PC110, G18, 1800 GL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:02 pm 

Here are some links where you can order the books in the picture.

HOW TO REBUILD
http://www.amazon.com/Rebuild-Your-Niss ... 025&sr=8-1

HOW TO MODIFY
http://www.amazon.com/Modify-Your-Nissa ... 025&sr=8-4

NISSAN 240K REPAIR MANUAL
http://www.pitstop.net.au/view/products ... y/plu/572/

Hope this helps! :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 16, 2010 6:45 pm 

Hi Glomerus,
The books do have information on the L18 engine and not g18. I would recommend that you get the workshop manual specific to your engine. The rebuild and modify books are great reading but they are more general. Try the links that Scudracer posted. The service manual is a great resource though but it only covers the L24 engine.

I was out looking for parts for my car when I stumbled upon some kind of old-school open wheel race car. It was powered by a Subaru boxer engine. Any info on it? Check out the link below.

viewtopic.php?p=87394#87394

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 17, 2010 1:12 am 

dmg1979 wrote:
Hi Glomerus,
The books do have information on the L18 engine and not g18. I would recommend that you get the workshop manual specific to your engine. The rebuild and modify books are great reading but they are more general. Try the links that Scudracer posted. The service manual is a great resource though but it only covers the L24 engine.

I was out looking for parts for my car when I stumbled upon some kind of old-school open wheel race car. It was powered by a Subaru boxer engine. Any info on it? Check out the link below.

viewtopic.php?p=87394#87394

Thanks for your reply, pal! It is very hard to find any info about G18 Prince engine for me - if you see smth - pls let me know!

About your sport car - I have posted its pics on our retro forum - hope retromans will help us to know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:00 pm 

Again, delay apologies! :lol:

C110 Parts Manual (Hardtop Seals)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:38 am 

Hi Kyteler,
Thank you so much for the pics. This will really help me out in terrorizing my local Nissan parts dealer.

Strange thing about it is, the parts manual you posted shows a "rubber dumper" for the front and rear windshield. In the Service Manual for the Datsun 240K, it shows that the windshield can be installed using just the spacers and sealant before capping it off with the chrome trim (which would be much better as I could do without sourcing the window rubber = much cheaper = not selling my nuts.......... not that anyone would pay for them). Any advice on this?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:14 pm 

The screen from my parts car was just held in with the "rubber dumper" however the screen on my actual car was just held in with urethane/silicon stuff and the spacers. It did however develop a crack hence me removing it only to discover a lengthy period of bodge jobs and neglect.

Personally, I would get all possible parts if available. I was talking to my new rubber supplier chap in Japan and he's going to get back to me with samples and the like. So, will keep you informed with that too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 4:59 am 

i saw u from the honda section about ur post on the honda s600. i am actively restoring one myself, lol

so hows ur skyline coming so far. if ur missing parts, perhaps u should look into japan yahoo auctions. you cant sign up on there if your not a japanese resident, so you will need a proxy site such as this.

http://www.japanauctioncenter.com

thats where i found most of my s600 parts.

also go to a community or forum that does up such cars. it could be on yahoo groups and such. i found my just-s group when googling around. when restoring such weird oddities, its best to google around

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 10:16 am 

Hi Kev,
Thanks for the link. I have been following your restoration for some time now. It is great to see someone in Malaysia actually taking the extra effort to restore such an iconic car. I know that Malaysians aren't the most particular on originality. :lol:

My car is a Datsun 240K but I am hoping to add on some Skyline parts to make it look like one.

I will try out the link soon. Could you please PM me your messenger details and contact details if possible. Would be cool to see your car when it is ready.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 8:13 am 

Just got a Skyline steering wheel. Mine was missing. Looks like a GT-R one. Not sure if it is but it is in excellent shape. Paid a pretty penny for it too.

Got one of my bodyshop friends to check out my car and do a quotation for the body restoration. He is going to fabricate quite a few panels. See how it goes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:47 am 

Bad news over the last weekend. My L24 engine had a leak at the head gasket on the 2 middle cylinders. I just got a top gasket kit from a local parts dealer.

The kit was for a L28 but the dimensions were identical. I am now wondering what is the best gasket sealant for the cylinder head to the block. The guy at the shop recommended RTV sealant but I do not think it should be used for the head. THe only brand that comes to mind for old water cooled engines is the old Indian Head sealant. It is now sold by Permatex. Some fellas I spoke to said it is crap. Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:40 am 

Just got some badges from a friend. Earlier engine had a top overhaul and a new carb and other bits. Drove the car for the first time to the welding shop. The L24 is a really torquey engine. They are going to fabricate the bonnet, rear inner skin behind the lamp panel, floorboards, etc. from scratch. Will post up pics when possible. Should be interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:38 am 
JNC Enthusiast

why do you want to use sealant? the head gasket itself will seal off anything that needs to be sealed off.

1970 C30 Laurel
1972 240Z
1973 610 Wagon
1977 260Z
1995 Micra
1999 200SX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 1:42 pm 

matt wrote:

the 200L was applied to a few different generations, but here is the c230 body:

That's a C130 200L/Laurel

'85 Honda Civic Gold DX with Brown Top
'79 Mitsubishi Celeste GSR
'78 Mitsubishi Sigma GE
'74 Datsun Laurel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:22 pm 

The service manual says use sealant, doesn't it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2010 11:07 pm 

scudracer wrote:
The service manual says use sealant, doesn't it?

Modern gaskets usually have sealant impregnated into them, you could put a little around oil and water gallery edges without doing any harm but I wouldn't use alot or cover the entire surface.

It's more important on engines such as the L series to make sure both the head and block surfaces are true and there is no warping of the head or block that could make getting even pressure difficult when torqued down.
Make sure a good machine shop checks and if needs be resurfaces hte head and possible block.

If you feel up to the challenge or you can afford the machine shop to do it, porting just to tidy up flow in and out can really work wonders on the L series too.

:tu: Good luck :D

'85 Honda Civic Gold DX with Brown Top
'79 Mitsubishi Celeste GSR
'78 Mitsubishi Sigma GE
'74 Datsun Laurel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:43 am 

Hi all. Good news. The bodyshop has reskinned the rear trunk lid. I really love the results. Check out the pic.

Next up is the rear panel for the lights. It was previously hacked out and replaced with a flat panel. The bodyshop is trying to rebuild the rear based on pictures I gave him and a rear panel with lights in it as a template.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:18 am 

Went to check out the car. Bought a new carb. Didn't have any brand on it but it did look identical. Rear panel has been beaten out based on pics on the net. I am sure it won't be 100% accurate but with the rear lamp panel and pictures together as a reference, it should be close.

Some no brand carb that works OK. Car is running really well now. Going to keep the original Nikki to see if I can rebuild it again.

Rear boot lid inner skin is prepared to be mated to outer skin which was fabbed from scratch. Planning to galvanize both and press it together. Apparently it wasn't even welded in the first place.

The bodyshop guy made some aluminium rear boot and engine lid skins for an Alfa Romeo client. I am feeling like asking him but don't know if I got enough Vitamin M for it!!!

Front bonnet is too far gone. Over 10 patches and countless perforations from rust. Going to have to reskin the whole bonnet just like the rear.

Rear panel turned out well. Not bad since the original was hacked out in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 9:39 pm 

I believe your new carb is a Hitachi!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:41 am 

scudracer wrote:
I believe your new carb is a Hitachi!

Nope, it is Nikki Japan :wink:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 8   [ 160 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next