#
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:43 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 8   [ 148 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next
 Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:33 am 

Ok well... Got my car back from Yokohama. They did great work. 330.00 for the rust repair. Did pretty good work it still looks rough but a lot better.

As for the Mark II auction. I got the car. The auction went up to 132000 Yen 1414.00 USD. Working out the details now will know more at a later date and will find out when I am able to pick up the car. Thanks everyone for the interest

Regards
Aaron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:32 pm 
Administrator

The brown one looks nice! sometimes the parts car becomes the keeper :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:36 am 

@Aaron

congrats bro on getting the car!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:40 am 

@ansarghani
Thanks, It might end up being my soon to be wifes car or my car may become hers its all kind of still up in the air right now. I haven't even seen the car yet. I really hope it is in as good a shape as what it looks like in the pictures. I will be going to pick it up sometime on Saturday so it should be fun.

@Ben
You are totally right about that... Hopefully it is in as good a shape as I am hoping for. As long as the hood deck lid and floor panels are in good condition I will be happy.

Wish me luck. I will get pictures up of it as soon as I can get it back to base.

Regards
Aaron

Post subject: Possible parts car
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:30 am 

Update:
As of now its looking like the car is going to be parted out. She has a lot of engine and transmission problems. Which is going to probibly cause the car to have to be junked over here. Dropped it off at the repair shop to get it evaluated to see what is going to have to be fixed and what it is going to cost for parts. It is an M motor with an automatic transmission. I drove it about 60K and it leaked around a quart of oil or so. The power steering pump is out. The engine won't stay running. The transmission has no reverse. Which may not seem to be big problems but on top of everything else that is going on with the car right now it might be better and easier just to Pull the parts I need and want and sell off the remaining parts. Can't make any guarentees but let me know if there are any parts you guys are interested in and what you are willing to pay. Keep in mind I am currently stationed in Tokyo so shipping might be a little excessive. Thanks everyone for looking.

Regards
Aaron

Post subject: Spare parts
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 7:58 am 

Hi,
A friend of mine is rebulding a MKII coupe and he realy needs some parts for it.
Can I give you a list of what he needs and can you give me total cost including shipping to Portugal?
I know that shipping will not be cheap.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:43 pm 

looks like all u need to do is drop in a 1JZ or 7M in it and all the problems are fixed. Doesnt Yokota have an auto hobby shop? there are ways to register the engine change in Japan as this swap is popular

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:44 am 

@RSilva
Let me know what parts he needs. I may be able to help either way.

@robakun
I would really like to keep the car. Yokota does have a hobby shop but right now I am not able to get the car onto base. There is going to be a lot of things that have to be fixed to get the car in good working order. Do you have the information to get the engine registered for the swap? I would be very interested if that is the case. JCI and to get the car registered in my name will cost around 600-800 just for the policy and registration process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:41 am 

Hi,

The parts I need are these:
http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt30 ... 5Small.jpg
http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt30 ... aSmall.jpg
http://i621.photobucket.com/albums/tt30 ... 3Small.jpg

Thanks for the help

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 29, 2010 7:27 pm 

@rsilva
Thanks for the pictures of what you need. Do you need the whole turn signal housing light and wireing or do you just need the cover? Same with the side turn lights. Let me know Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:19 am 

theunstated wrote:
@rsilva
Thanks for the pictures of what you need. Do you need the whole turn signal housing light and wireing or do you just need the cover? Same with the side turn lights. Let me know Thanks

Hi,
I just need the cover's. : :wink:
Is it easy to get this kind of material new from toyota or specialized dealers since you are in Japan? I wonder how can it be so dificult to get spares for old japanese cars. For european or american models it´s much easier.
Thanks for helping.

Post subject: Late update
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:36 am 

Sorry everyone for the late reply.

@Rsilva
If you need the covers I know for a fact that I can at lease help with the front turn/hazard light covers. As for the others... I am not sure now if the car will be a parts car or not. I have an extra set of front turn lights either way. Just let me know. It is pretty hard to find parts over here for old cars at all and when you do its difficult to say how expensive they are.

As for the new car updates
It has been pretty slow. Finally got the car on Yokota now. I am looking into information regarding the transmission. It has an automatic transmission and the transmissions reverse does not work. I am trying to find information on what can be done. http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=8582
If the car is going to be fixed I am going to have to get a bunch of work done for it. The transmission right now is the deciding factor to find out whether the car will be parted or whether it will be resurrected. In addition to the transmission problem; I cannot keep the car running without my foot on the accelerator and sometimes it will not start up for long periods of time when it does die,and there are oil leaks everywhere, the power steering pump seems to be bad. If you guys don't know over here in Japan we have to comply with strict regulations on the running conditions of the car. It is Japanese Compulsory Insurance (JCI) or Shaken so all of these things will have to be fixed in order to keep the car.

As for the old car updates.
The car has been painted a temporary color, before you guys freak out it is just temporary it isn't permanent. The reason for the color is the paint was cheap and it made most of the car the same color. The hood, deck lid, and windshield wiper panel stayed white until we figure out about the other car or replacement parts because the rust is so bad on the hood and deck lid. Here are the pictures.
Image]

Post subject: parts car
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 4:54 pm 

if you part out , let me know, i need parts

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:10 pm 

@terolla
I will let you know if I part it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:28 am 

@Aaron
good luck for your transmission issue...
can you share the pics of your new buy?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 5:13 am 

theunstated,

If you can get me the front turn light covers it would be fine. Just tell how much you want for them and if you acept paypal.

Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 9:39 pm 

@Rsilva
Let me look and see if I can find them. I have them boxed up with a bunch of my other car parts. I do accept paypal. I will let you know.

@ansarghani
Here are the pictures

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:07 am 

Ok thanks,
I have posted some photos of my Mark II, see the topic:
viewtopic.php?p=80701#80701

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:04 am 

A little update.
We pulled the transmission out of the new car today. Wasn't too much of a problem until we got to the two top transmission to engine bolts... Between the two bolts we ended up spending approximately 2 Hours. Everything else too around 4 hours to complete. Grand total to pull the transmission 6 hours. Found the rear break band and overhaul kit for the transmission for $130.99 back in the states. Has anyone attempted to rebuild an automatic Toyota A30 out of one of these? Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks

Regards
Aaron

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 10:12 am 

Why not change it to a full manual 5 speed transmission like the w50?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 8   [ 148 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next