#
It is currently Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:04 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: New to forum - Ex2000 Turbo owner
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:56 pm 
Hi

I own 2 Ex 2000 turbo's, one on the road and the other sadly about to be dismantled as the body is too far gone to repair (unless I import a mint bodyshell from the Philippines - something I'm looking into).

I've owned my original Lancer (the one with the rusted shell) since 1991 and my other one since 2000. My road going model is an original white / orange model, and I've got the original bill of sale etc for it.

As well as uploading some pics soon, I'm also looking for a bit of techie help for the air filter.
The rubber hose connecting the Turbo to the airbox has split beyond repair, and I'm thinking of either putting a K & N on, or fitting a group one Airbox that I have (rescued from a Ralliart skip in the '80's along with a set of Dymags!) on it. The problem being that using the Group one air filter gives me a bad flatspot at 2400 RPM, reson I suspect is the airflow meter isn't behaving.

If I decided to fit a K & N instead can anyone advise me on the best way to do this?

Basically the car is set up as follows:

Standard except:

Garett T 04 Turbo (14psi)
Intercooled
Chipped

I have a large amount of Lancer parts, and a friend has 2 slim body starions that have sat for years he is looking to break, if anyone gets stuck drop me a line and I might be able to help you out.

Cheers

Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:42 pm 
Sounds good.. welcome to the forum, contribute and enjoy your stay!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:57 pm 

Welcome to JNCC Forums sir! I'm sure you'll get all the help that you need from the car gurus here :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 9:11 am 
Hi
thanks for the warm welcome.

JunRaymond, I often visit the Philippines with my wife, we live in Bacoor (Soldiers Hills) near Alabang Zapote. I'm due back in March 09 for a while.

I've found the Mitsi shop in Festival Mall very helpful in sourcing some parts for my EX here in the UK, I've managed to obtain some brand new Gas filled shocks and other hard to find bits.

I was surprised to see the amount of Box types there are there, as here in the UK they are very rare indeed. It's also got me considering to either ship my car out there or send over a couple of Starion Engines and Lancer wiring looms and maybe fit one into a standard Box type there.

I really liked the pics of old school mitis, good to see they're still going strong in the Phils.

Cheers
Pete

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:12 pm 

Wow nice! You're just near our area :)

I think that's El Dorado Shop in Festival Mall, Alabang.

Yes, so many Lancer boxtype parts here.. but not the Turbo ones though. Try to PM Danny aka TonyX44, maybe he can help you out regarding Lancer EX Turbo parts.. he also has one here in the Philippines. He's somewhere in Finland now I think..

Post subject: can help
PostPosted: Thu Nov 05, 2009 9:20 am 
tintin

the problem with the box types that are turbo is that the turbo engine we get are and is only a 1.8liter intercooled turbo the once in uk are 2lt types none intercooled if you need parts that are universal please feel free to drop me a pm i can help you as i have two front end cut units for spare parts

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]