#
It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:58 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: Torquay Motor Show - Rotary Club of Torquay - November 1st
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:36 am 

Another one for the Melbourne, Australia people.. I am working on getting some guys from rollaclub, toymods and tcca to come along to this one.

Apparently had 150 cars last year and it sounds like a good day.

November 1st is the Sunday before Melbourne Cup.

There is an entry form for it and a cost of $5 to enter. If you want the form PM me with your email address

Dear Motor Enthusiast,

On behalf of the Rotary Club of Torquay I would like to report on the Torquay Motor Show held in November last year. It was this Club’s first Motor Show and by all accounts was very successful with car owners and their treasured vehicles coming from far and wide.

There were over 150 vehicles on display and each and every one of them contributed to the success and shine of the event.

This year, on Sunday 1st November, the Sunday before Melbourne Cup Day, the Torquay Rotary Club will again be running the event. We would be delighted if you would drive on down the coast road to help us show off your vehicle.

The event will be organised in a similar fashion to last year, but with improvements to layout and the entry process with extra events and displays to add the celebratory atmosphere to the day.

If you would like to enter this year’s show it would be appreciated if you could firstly leave a message on the Club’s mobile phone number or email Greg (address below), and secondly completing the attached Entry Form and bringing it with you on the day.

The entry fee will remain modest at $5.00 per contestant and spectators. There will be Devonshire teas provided by our local Relay For Life team and a variety of delicious food and refreshments available at any of the nearby cafe’s.

Members of the Torquay Rotary Club look forward to meeting you and seeing your unique vehicle. Please feel free to email or telephone the Club with any questions or suggestions about the day.

Yours in Rotary

Greg Birchall
President 2009-10
Rotary Club of Torquay
Email:gbirchall@adesse.com.au
Mobile: 0412914000

KE15 SL Sprinter - KE10 Corolla - TA22 Celica - KE35 Corolla Club Racer - AE71 Corolla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:35 am 

Cool. Post pics when the event is over. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:14 pm 

Hey mate,

I live 15min from Torquay. I don't have a JNC but will come down to check it out if there's gonna be some there. If its all holden/ford/chrysler maybe not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:23 am 

Not sure what will be there to be honest.. some of the guys from rollaclub will be going I think.

KE15 SL Sprinter - KE10 Corolla - TA22 Celica - KE35 Corolla Club Racer - AE71 Corolla

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:13 pm 

Not much Japanese representation at this show unfortunately..

One of our club members had his Crown on show and that was it for old school japanese cars (though technically it was built in Australia as a fully CKD car by AMI)

http://picasaweb.google.com/adamlaws197 ... 6521480978

though hidden amongst all the American chrome and Aussie classics was a Nissan 300ZX convertible (which I didn't get a picture of),

a Daihatsu Copen convertible

http://picasaweb.google.com/adamlaws197 ... 2094666274

and an R31 Nissan Skyline GTS which was a local special built by Nissan Australia's performance arm called SVD (Special Vehicles Division)

http://picasaweb.google.com/adamlaws197 ... 3733158434

Full album from the whole show is here

http://picasaweb.google.com/adamlaws197 ... directlink

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:06 am 

The R31 is owned by a bloke in Ballarat. His car has won his class at our concnourse before and was in (i think ) Unique Cars with a substantial article.

Great pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:04 am 

Great turnout! Thanks for sharing the pics! :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:27 pm 

I was suprised by the turnout, wasnt really sure what to expect but it was pretty big after all, but nothing you havent really seen before. More French cars than Japanese there too, which is a bit odd.

I was hoping to catch up with you guys but when I got round to the crown you must have been elsewhere.

I think my favourite car was the purple charger. It's such a good colour for a car like that.
http://picasaweb.google.com/adamlaws197 ... 6771858658

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:41 pm 

Thanks for the comments

TristanH we will try and have a bigger presence next year! You should keep an eye out for the rollaclub.com Australia day long weekend camping cruise as it runs through town. About 20-30 guys in corollas etc go for a run down the GOR and camp some where down there too.

GoBabyGo you will have to get some of your Datto friends down there next year too!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]