#
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:31 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 5   [ 91 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:45 pm 

smuige, can you kindly scan the page which covers the shift handle pls?
Another question, stupid as it may be, for the od cable and knob; will an ordinary universal choke cable do? since mine are missing. thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 1:00 pm 

Sure i can scan it for you, just pm me with your email adress and ill try to get to it within a couple days. As for the wire, an universal choke wire will do, the book contitutes that a movement of 6mm should disengage the overdrive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:26 pm 

so my crown has been up at zerogarage getting some work done. it now has third gen supra brakes on the front. if you read my story you know brakes where an issue when driving this thing all the way back from Florida. also got lowered 2" and my new 17" steelies put on. here is a teaser picture puregrove sent me. i have not seen the car yet either. i have some stuff planned for right when i get it back. not to mention just cruisin around, besides daytona to atlanta i have barely had it on the streets. i'll get pics of the new brakes and all my little mods i have planned when i get it back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:41 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

What are those wheels? Ford Crown Vic? They look cool, should def paint them gloss black!

'83 Sapporo Technica; '84 Starion ES; '80 Colt; '79 Cressida
'91 RX7 convertible; '68 Camaro SS 350 convertible; '71 NSU 1200c

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:57 pm 

crown vics will fit, but these are off a new dodge charger. i even have the hubcaps. about crown vics, i have been looking for a set of the 16" mesh style wheels they have on the nicer models. paint the inside black, polish the lip, and trash the center caps and they might look good. what do you think?
5 lug is weird to me, i have to get creative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:26 pm 

CharlieBucket wrote:
about crown vics, i have been looking for a set of the 16" mesh style wheels they have on the nicer models. paint the inside black, polish the lip, and trash the center caps and they might look good. what do you think?

FYI, if you can find some from the Lincoln Mark VII from the same era, they came in black center, gunmetal center, and navy blue center. :wink:

OnlineProfile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:36 pm 

Thanks, I can add that to the search. Really I like th steelies but I like to have a few sets of wheels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 7:45 pm 
Administrator

Black Steelies would be the shiz but I think 14" is the best size.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2009 9:17 pm 

ben wrote:
Black Steelies would be the shiz but I think 14" is the best size.

Yeah, 'cause those will clear MK3 Supra brakes... :P

OnlineProfile  

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:34 am 

Yeah the stock wheels will no longer fit with the supra brakes. I am saving the original rotors and stuff in case someday I want go back to the hubcaps. I might have gone a bit big with these 17" maybe I'll try for some 16" next. These wheels were very cheap and I had the tires already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 20, 2009 2:46 pm 

Well with all the crown action today i had to bump my thread! There has been a few worthy "updates". As stated above, i just got a nice supra brake setup on the front, since we had such a had time with the originals. Well as per my luck, the engine pretty much blew up on the return ride home from the shop. So a 5M swap is in the works now. the main issue is the head gasket blew, but we suspect it is worse than that. There was like 2 gallons of water in crankcase. Anyway i have moved the 2M to my home "shop" and started the teardown. i really wanted to keep this engine in the car, so i am attemping a re-build. So does anyone know where to get a gasket set/parts? i'll at least need the gaskets, maybe more parts. i know, it been called a boat anchor a few times today, but i like my boat anchor. At least for the distant future, because i am going to enjoy that 5M for sure. Of course i did have a coversation the other day where UZ was said a few times. :D
pic on the stand, i got most the accesories off last night. more pictures as i progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:46 am 

CharlieBucket wrote:
Well with all the crown action today i had to bump my thread! There has been a few worthy "updates". As stated above, i just got a nice supra brake setup on the front, since we had such a had time with the originals. Well as per my luck, the engine pretty much blew up on the return ride home from the shop. So a 5M swap is in the works now. the main issue is the head gasket blew, but we suspect it is worse than that. There was like 2 gallons of water in crankcase. Anyway i have moved the 2M to my home "shop" and started the teardown. i really wanted to keep this engine in the car, so i am attemping a re-build. So does anyone know where to get a gasket set/parts? i'll at least need the gaskets, maybe more parts. i know, it been called a boat anchor a few times today, but i like my boat anchor. At least for the distant future, because i am going to enjoy that 5M for sure. Of course i did have a coversation the other day where UZ was said a few times. :D
pic on the stand, i got most the accesories off last night. more pictures as i progress.

got mine from ebay; cant remember the seller id off hand but i try to

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 9:44 am 
JNC Fanatic

CharlieBucket wrote:
crown vics will fit, but these are off a new dodge charger. i even have the hubcaps. about crown vics, i have been looking for a set of the 16" mesh style wheels they have on the nicer models. paint the inside black, polish the lip, and trash the center caps and they might look good. what do you think?
5 lug is weird to me, i have to get creative.

My buddy just C4C'd a 60,000 mile Crown Vic with those wheels. :(

FYI, you can pretty much toss any '60s and newer RWD Chrysler, AMC, or Ford wheels on the car with that bolt pattern (minus some trucks, Imperials, later fullsize GM, etc). So your options are really wide open.

And I spotted those new Chrysler LX steelies right away. :lol:

Another thought- 2005ish Chrysler Hemi C wheels minus center caps. Someone around here runs them sans center caps on their FC and they look really good. Just a thought.

I had wanted this car too- didn't realize it had still been for sale. Wish I could have grabbed it. :(

Also- If you need a 5M still, I have a friend who has a rebuilt one that was meant for his '82 Supra before it got scrapped. Completely remanufactured motor. I'm not sure what he'd want, probably no more than a few hundo and it's in MI. Let me know if it interests you. :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:16 pm 

The wheels are ok, they will do for a while till i find something i really like. I just cant do modern wheels on this car. i will take a look at the hemmi wheels. That Toyota Century at JCCS looked really good on the gold meshies. On the 5M i'd love to have it, but i wouldn't want to pay shipping, there are plenty to be had down here. Not brand new mind you, but it will do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:53 pm 
JNC Fanatic

CharlieBucket wrote:
The wheels are ok, they will do for a while till i find something i really like. I just cant do modern wheels on this car. i will take a look at the hemmi wheels. That Toyota Century at JCCS looked really good on the gold meshies. On the 5M i'd love to have it, but i wouldn't want to pay shipping, there are plenty to be had down here. Not brand new mind you, but it will do.

There's a very serious possibility I might be visiting eastern Georgia in a month or two if you were to get interested and toss me something for the effort.

Just mentioning. :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:38 pm 

Well thats completly different then. Let me know all the info/$ and where you will be! i am very close to downtown Atlanta on the westside of town.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:55 am 
JNC Fanatic

CharlieBucket wrote:
Well thats completly different then. Let me know all the info/$ and where you will be! i am very close to downtown Atlanta on the westside of town.

Working on trying to get info on it, may take me a week or more, but I'll get back to you. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2009 10:59 am 

thanks man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 7:57 am 
JNC Fanatic

Talked to him, he sold it two weeks ago for $200. Sorry. :(

I doubt it's going into anything nearly as bad-ass as your crown though.

Maybe you should just go 7M anyways? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:37 am 

That's cool man, like i said i can get a few down here. I have been considering a 1uzfe, it just needs a V8 right!! But a 7mgte is a great option also, who knows. Or a 2jz...can't afford that!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 5   [ 91 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next