#
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:12 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 66 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: J-Tin appearances in old school Anime
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 6:06 am 

Other than the Popular Anime series : Initial D, Wangan Midnight, and Mecha Doc .There's an anime that came out on TV here in the Philippines more than 10 years ago titled : F.

F . The story revolves around a farm boy ( Gunma Akagi ) and his best friend Tamotsu. Gunma Akagi dreams of being an F1 driver. Gumna thru life ordeals, conflicts with his father, his brothers, and his arch nemisis ( Forgot his name who drives the BMW) manages to get thru life and reach his dreams even to the point of losing his best friend Tamotsu , who's a very skilled mechanic, to his rival.

Was searching for this cartoon in English, unfortunately only an Italian -Dubbed version was found. The names were changed in the Italian version. Gunma (Patrick) , Peter ( Tamotsu).Gunma Akagi drives his supercharged Ford Tractor.

Here in this video he found out that Tamotsu was fixing a KP-61 Starlet ( with Hoshino wheels ) for a client in the barn and Gunma Test drives the car...... Watch what happens next.

here's the link: F: Motori in Pista Patrick il selvaggio 2/2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sFiEuVNS ... re=related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:56 am 
Administrator

That's hilarious, and great idea for a thread!

Get Backers has a Subaru 360 featured pretty prominently in the opening. I've never actually seen the anime so I don't know how much it's used in the series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-dzR6e9WMU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o0DiDno6mvU

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:19 pm 

ben wrote:
Get Backers has a Subaru 360 featured pretty prominently in the opening. I've never actually seen the anime so I don't know how much it's used in the series.

Quite a bit, actually. It's been heavily modified to catch the bad guys.

You're Under Arrest has a few different cars. The main characters drive a heavily modified Honda Today police car. One of the girls drives a Toyota Sports 800 as her personal car. The manga also has a Subaru R2 with a Suzuki RGV500 2-stroke square four grand prix motorcycle engine sfuffed in the back.

Geobreeders features a Honda Vamos driven by buxom chain-smoker Yuu Himehagi (her tagline is "A driver's job is to drive.").

Lucky☆Star has a great parody of Initial D featuring a Subaru Vivio against an FD RX-7.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:45 pm 
JNC Fanatic

I'm not a big fan of anime, but I did once catch something on Adult Swim that blew my mind. Can't remember the name, involved some girl who rode on an old Vespa and a kid having nightmares of some TV headed monster. However, the episode I saw involved a bunch of people riding in some highly detailed old Japanese 3-wheeler, which I'm sure if it could be found, Ben could identify. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:56 pm 
JNC Fanatic

Got this off the link above- don't know what it's called, but skimming through it I saw a first gen Celica, an RX-5, and a 240Z, a rotary powered Subaru 360 that launches out the side of a bus, a pair of boso RX-3s, one with a spinning weapon that extends from the hubcap to flatten tires, a police Suzuki Fronte, and various other boso style cars in the background.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w534Qvop ... re=related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 6:51 pm 

Stationwagonguy wrote:
I'm not a big fan of anime, but I did once catch something on Adult Swim that blew my mind. Can't remember the name, involved some girl who rode on an old Vespa and a kid having nightmares of some TV headed monster. However, the episode I saw involved a bunch of people riding in some highly detailed old Japanese 3-wheeler, which I'm sure if it could be found, Ben could identify. :lol:

...FLCL. Excellent :mrgreen:

Also features a Fuji Rabbit... Forgot what the Three-wheeler was, though. Fairly certain Daihatsu.

And a Citroen BX, at one point, as well as I think some boring sort of Volkswagen...

Evangelion, Misato drives an old Gen.1 MR2 for about five seconds, though the Renault Alpine really is among the most kick-ass cars in the world 8) The manga features Kaji's ride as a Lotus Elan, as well.

Gunsmith Cats, the manga, has many awesome cars featured... Though I can only immediately remember a Z32 at one point making a cameo, in terms of Japanese machinery...

Great Teacher Onizuka's principal drives a relatively new Toyota Cresta... Wonder how many others of these I can pick out if I get to thinking about it, but when I do, it seems that more European machinery comes to mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:43 pm 

Crayon Shinchan, the Adult Empire Strikes Back movie, the bus chase scene.

These are fairly bad uploads, but Cartoon Network polices Youtube regularly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5oZ3BLDOXE

The abuse of Subaru 360s and a Toyota 2000GT start when the kids take the bus at about 1:45. Pretty quickly, Subarus start flipping end over end into rice fields.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRzSwFnRI-w

It continues into the next part, and the 2000GT goes out in a colorful rainbow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:11 pm 
JNC Fanatic

Thats pretty cool

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:36 am 
Administrator

Stationwagonguy wrote:
Got this off the link above- don't know what it's called, but skimming through it I saw a first gen Celica, an RX-5, and a 240Z, a rotary powered Subaru 360 that launches out the side of a bus, a pair of boso RX-3s, one with a spinning weapon that extends from the hubcap to flatten tires, a police Suzuki Fronte, and various other boso style cars in the background.

This is the aforementioned Mechadoc. Good find. I should put this up as a Friday Video.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 1:59 am 
Administrator

JT191 wrote:
Crayon Shinchan, the Adult Empire Strikes Back movie, the bus chase scene.

This one was f'in hilarious. "They have injured my soul." :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:39 am 

Well, it's not quite an anime, but an early '70s Galant GTO shows up in a certain manga.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/522/ga ... utgirl.png

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:44 pm 

Arrow Joe wrote:
Well, it's not quite an anime, but an early '70s Galant GTO shows up in a certain manga.

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/522/ga ... utgirl.png

I recognize that. It's "Slut Girl" by Isutoshi. An early '70s Galant GTO also shows up in the "Oh My Goddess" manga, along with with a ton of other cars and bikes. There's a heavily modified Mazda 3-wheeler truck used for racing (with 3-wheel drive), and an early '70s Skyline GT-R sedan.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:15 pm 

I was at my friends house flipping through a shonen jump, and I saw this in the manga ultimo. A line up of z cars, I thought it was pretty interesting.

Image[/list]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:30 am 

GateKeepers

- Shun Ukiya drives a modified Toyota Sports 800 that can harness the power of the gate.
- Shun's father installs the first gate engine in an RS40 Toyota Crown.

:D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:21 am 
Administrator

turbobrick wrote:
I was at my friends house flipping through a shonen jump, and I saw this in the manga ultimo. A line up of z cars, I thought it was pretty interesting.

I love easter eggs like this. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:09 am 

Here's a few...

1st gen Civic

Nissan Cedric

Datsun 510

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:09 am 
DELETED

Last edited by DELETED on Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:51 pm 

...I used to want to see Ex-Driver (because of the Lancia Stratos, Lotus Seven and Europa), til I actually saw it and realized that was a bad idea :lol:

That a Europa exists in any anime is just knowledge enough to please 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:29 pm 

Dachshund wrote:
...I used to want to see Ex-Driver (because of the Lancia Stratos, Lotus Seven and Europa), til I actually saw it and realized that was a bad idea :lol:

That a Europa exists in any anime is just knowledge enough to please 8)

The impressive thing about eX-Driver is that the car sounds for both the WRX and Europa are modeled from Kosuke Fujishima's (the artist's) own cars from his collection. He's a huge car and motorcycle guy, which is why all his series so far (You're Under Arrest, Oh My Goddess! and eX-Driver) feature them heavily. He's also the character designer for the Sakura Taisen (Sakura Wars) video game franchise which has nothing to do with cars, but it explains why all the women in it are unspeakably beautiful.

Last edited by Lincoln Stax on Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:42 pm 

qdseeker wrote:
Here's a few...

1st gen Civic

Nissan Cedric

I recognize these two. They're from Azumanga Daioh.

qdseeker wrote:
Datsun 510

What show is this one from?

Last edited by Lincoln Stax on Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 4   [ 66 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next