#
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 6:50 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: KPGC10 to be displayed at 2009 Goodwood Revival Meeting
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:17 am 

A 1971 KPGC10 Nissan Skyline GT-R will be displayed on the Nissan stand at this year's Goodwood Revival Meeting ( 18th~20th September ), at Goodwood Circuit, West Sussex, UK.

The 'Hakosuka' is one of four cars ( the others are an HS30 'Datsun 240Z', a Z34 'Nissan 370Z' and an R35 'Nissan GT-R' ) that will be seen on Nissan's stand in the BGC-sponsored 'Earl's Court Motor Show' mockup.

From the Goodwood press release:

"Following the huge popularity of the inaugural BGC Earls Court Motor Show at last year’s Goodwood Revival, this key new attraction will once again add an exciting element to the annual Revival meeting, the world’s most authentic historic motor race meeting, being held from 18-20 September.

The BGC Earls Court Motor Show takes its inspiration from the celebrated London Motor Shows of the 1950s and 60s, with an original Art Deco frontage reminiscent of the glory days of exhibitions of the past. This spacious area will give the expected 120,000+ Goodwood Revival visitors an insight into how motoring of the future might look from a pre-1966 perspective, with a display of ‘futuristic’ 21st century cars.

Externally the BGC Earls Court looks like the entrance to a 1950s Motor Show, promising to display ‘cars of the future’ inside. As no post-1966 vehicles are ordinarily allowed on site during the Goodwood Revival, the BGC Earls Court Motor Show enables the event to break out of its ‘period’ timeframe and display post-1966 vehicles. The effect is like walking into a Tardis, offering other-worldly futuristic new cars to see, right up to and including manufacturers’ latest products.

Each vehicle manufacturers’ stand is presented in the style of a traditional Motor Show of the 1950s or 1960s. As with the rest of the Revival, the overall display is not set in a specific timeframe, but rather at some unidentified point prior to 1966. Manufacturer displays are therefore expected to include contemporary cars of the 1950s or 1960s, as well as some ‘concept’ cars showing each company’s visions of what production cars might look like in the early 21st Century. Car manufacturers confirmed to be exhibiting at this ‘motor show of the future’ include Maserati, Jaguar, BMW, Ford, Nissan and Rolls-Royce."

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/content/ ... lcome.aspx

http://www.goodwood.co.uk/site/content/revival/

Nissan UK's designated events transport company picked the KPGC10 up from me this morning to take it down to Goodwood:

ImageImage

I'll be at the Revival Meeting over the weekend, so I'll report back and hopefully show some photos of the stand here. Should be interesting to see what kind of comments the Hakosuka gets in such illustrious company........

Cheers,
Alan T.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:42 am 

Excellent news Alan, have fun :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:13 am 

wow coolness! wish I could go. pics are a must!

current project: 82' s11 200sx (ka24e swap)
current daily: 89' integra RS 5-door

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:30 am 

kev wrote:
Excellent news Alan, have fun :)

Will do, Kev. Got my tweeds out of mothballs today....... :wink:

Is there space for a duplicate of this thread in General Discussions or Nissan Garage sections? I've got a feeling that some bright spark at Goodwood might ( ahem, quite correctly.... :? ) point out that the Revival Meeting is supposed to be for pre-'66 vehicles only, and that this 'Motor Show' display is supposed to be set some time in the 1950s or 1960s - with the 'moderns' like the 370Z and R35 GT-R pretending to be 'concept' vehicles of the future.

I think the HS30 240Z could just creep in to qualify as a 1969-debuted design, but I think Nissan needed a PGC10 ( Feb. '69 ) rather than the KPGC10 ( October '70 ) GT-R wise.

Wonder if anyone's going to notice?! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:06 am 

I don't think anyone's going to mind, Alan :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:43 pm 
Administrator

I certainly don't. Please take some photos of the display. I'd love to see the retro car show!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:11 am 

Lights on, before the 'show':

Lights off, everyone's gone home:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:59 pm 
Administrator

Beautiful display. Out of the four, the hako just jumps out at me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:16 pm 

Can't say I'm feelin the wheels on that 240Z. Alan's car is as always, very nice.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]