#
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 12:06 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 30   [ 589 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 30  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 11:39 am 

orion, the jenesis spoiler looks great. though i like the spoiler-less look too..
speaking of jenesis, anyone on here used their coilover kit?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:14 am 

If you end up getting a DR Szymon I can hook you up with the guy who did my coilovers he should be able to help you out aswell

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:38 am 

benny_blanco wrote:
Anymore countries R30's were sold in LHD other then Saudi Arabi?? where can I read more Cycletech?

It seems like If I could find one, it would be a bucket of shit :cry:

I've been all over Europe and have never seen an R30 there, but I wasn't really looking for one either. :wink:

I didn't know the R30 was available in SA until Kev posted that picture. So it's possible the LHD hardtops are out there waiting to be discovered. I've searched for more info, but came up with nil.

What about converting a RHD R30 to LHD? The frame rail is drilled for a steering box, and the fire wall is set up for a brake booster. You couldn't run a Turbo FJ unless you went top mount. :(

Part # for the LHD dash 68200-09S00. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 5:45 am 

Orion wrote:
Anyway. More part numbers, still a bit odd seeing brand new R30 parts!

Orion,

I know you said these came straight from Japan. :tu: Is it really cheaper and easier to do it that way versus getting your local Nissan dealer to order them? The reason I ask is I’m trying to put together an order and I’m weighing all my options. The parts guy in Timaru can get these, but they are $106 NZ. :shock:

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 2:35 pm 

Cycletech wrote:
Is it really cheaper and easier to do it that way versus getting your local Nissan dealer to order them? The reason I ask is I’m trying to put together an order and I’m weighing all my options. The parts guy in Timaru can get these, but they are $106 NZ. :shock:

$106NZ each, or for two? I paid JPY5800 for a pair.

(slightly off-topic) If only sourcing RX-7 parts was as easy as sourcing R30 parts! I'm having a hard time finding interior bits for my SA22C. The only place is eBay, and I've never traded on there before but I hear it's quite hard for new traders to get a "foot in the door" due to scammers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 8:47 pm 

Orion wrote:
$106NZ each, or for two? I paid JPY5800 for a pair

Yes, each. :shock: I'll try Yahoo auctions...

Orion wrote:
(slightly off-topic) If only sourcing RX-7 parts was as easy as sourcing R30 parts! I'm having a hard time finding interior bits for my SA22C. The only place is eBay, and I've never traded on there before but I hear it's quite hard for new traders to get a "foot in the door" due to scammers?

I guess you're talking about Ebay here in the states? It's kind of a catch 22. You need feedback points to buy stuff, but you can't buy stuff without points. :? Ebay used to have some great deals, but they are few and far between now. If you ever see anything you want let me know, we'll work it out. :tu:

I got an oil pressure sender for an S12, it's the same as the DR30 one and went right on. Easier to install if you pull off the oil filter first. Rockauto has them on closeout for $10.

EDIT: No good. Makes the gauge and idiot light do crazy stuff...the search for the correct pressure switch continues.

Last edited by Cycletech on Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:55 pm 

Cycletech wrote:
I got an oil pressure sender for an S12, it's the same as the DR30 one and went right on. Easier to install if you pull off the oil filter first. Rockauto has them on closeout for $10.

Plugged the part number into their catalogue and chose "NZ" as the shipping destination - US$20.25 for economy mail :shock: Might have to see if any local retailers stock 'em (or a similar part)

heheh I found the easiest way to get at the sender was from underneath, although on my car it involves removing the factory undertrays first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:39 am 

Cycletech wrote:
benny_blanco wrote:
Anymore countries R30's were sold in LHD other then Saudi Arabi?? where can I read more Cycletech?

It seems like If I could find one, it would be a bucket of shit :cry:

I've been all over Europe and have never seen an R30 there, but I wasn't really looking for one either. :wink:

I didn't know the R30 was available in SA until Kev posted that picture. So it's possible the LHD hardtops are out there waiting to be discovered. I've searched for more info, but came up with nil.

What about converting a RHD R30 to LHD? The frame rail is drilled for a steering box, and the fire wall is set up for a brake booster. You couldn't run a Turbo FJ unless you went top mount. :(

Part # for the LHD dash 68200-09S00. :P

I was thinking about a conversion to LHD, but replacing the FJ20DET with an SR20DE so the turbo being in the way wouldnt be a problem. But I have a few years up my sleave.

In the meantime I have something planned for my current DR30 after Im settled into my house, but Im keeping it under wraps until I've got my bits and pieces sorted :mrgreen: :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:19 am 

Orion wrote:
Might have to see if any local retailers stock 'em (or a similar part)

It's the same as the 280z so finding one shouldn't be a problem.

Orion wrote:
heheh I found the easiest way to get at the sender was from underneath, although on my car it involves removing the factory undertrays first.

That's the way I took mine out, but the "nut" on the new one is 17mm versus 14 on the old one. I couldn't get it tight because of interference, so off with the filter...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:21 am 

benny_blanco wrote:
In the meantime I have something planned for my current DR30 after Im settled into my house, but Im keeping it under wraps until I've got my bits and pieces sorted :mrgreen: :tu:

If I guess correctly will you tell me? :wink: RB25 :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 8:50 pm 

you guys watch the newly posted seibu vid?

anybody know what the spoiler is at 5 minutes even?

since you guys rock at calling them out by manufacturer and all...

I have another little request for a hard core DR30 nut ... but it's a little off topic (sort of) so somebody with some real JDM chops please PM me.

http://www.myspace.com/abandonaugust

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2009 11:21 pm 

benny_blanco wrote:

I was thinking about a conversion to LHD, but replacing the FJ20DET with an SR20DE so the turbo being in the way wouldnt be a problem. But I have a few years up my sleave.

ooh an sr20de from an autech s15 would be nice..than again an autech s15 itself would be nice..

sumthn planned for the DR eh? exciting! 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:34 am 

I would never throw out a perfectly good FJ20 for a SR20. To me that's like going backwards.

That odd rear spoiler was created especially for the Machine RS-1 and RS-2 cars according to the Skyline Bible. All it says is "urethane rubber acrylic wing" and our good friends at Jenesis and Omote used to sell copies of it :lol:

oh, just out of interest, what thermostats do you guys run in your FJ20s? I replaced mine last week but suspect that 71 degrees is just a tad too cold for the NZ climate - the one that came out of it was stuffed, but opened at 82 deg.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:51 am 

Orion wrote:
oh, just out of interest, what thermostats do you guys run in your FJ20s? I replaced mine last week but suspect that 71 degrees is just a tad too cold for the NZ climate - the one that came out of it was stuffed, but opened at 82 deg.

That's on the list... The FJ doesn't run hot, but underhood temps seem high. I plan on pulling out the old one and going cooler. It's not uncommon to have 38 degree days here...

Benny-what turbo are you running? Mine is due for a re-seal, I might go with something else if it's worth the trouble. Looking for quick boost.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:33 pm 

Dammit, I'm a bit pissed off today and starting to think it's not worth owning a nice car anymore. Can't take my DR30 anywhere without running into carload after carload of jealous idiots, with no respect for other people's hard work, trying to stir crap :evil:

tall poppies, this country is notorious for breeding 'em.

zukiru wrote:
anybody know what the spoiler is at 5 minutes even?

http://page5.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/e93079515

looks like it does have an official name: Aerocraft System-3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:08 pm 
Administrator

Uh oh, what happened? Hope the paint remains unkeyed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 9:35 am 

whoah you are pretty good at that haha

sorry people are giving you a rough about the car they are indeed jealous or stupid.

http://www.myspace.com/abandonaugust

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:42 pm 

Thought you guys might like these.

Scott DR30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbLG1SA6mcA
George Fury DR30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GND-0RV6 ... re=related
Glen Seaton, bathurst in the rain
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pqszux7F ... re=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v23LCHJxZg8

Daily 78 Isuzu Gemini Sedan, stock G161z, Rodeo EFI, 500hp roller, 157rwkw. Fun :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:46 am 

Nah no RB25's or anything, happy with the FJ20 in it :wink: just some asthetic mods planned for now.

If my FJ20 ever blew I would drop in an RB26DETT, but I dont see that happening anytime soon as the engine was only rebuilt around 5000 kms ago (I happened to buy the engine then sell back to the guy I bought my DR from)

Currently running an VG30 ball bearing turbo.

Only reason I want to go an SR20DE with the next DR I buy is because the traffic in Guangzhou looks like a nightmare. Im not sure if its because im still running a slightly larger then standard cooler, but my current DR seems to hate sitting in traffic.

Sorry to hear Ed, dont worry we have idiots like that on this side of the pond aswell. Sucks we have to be like this with our cars, but I guess its part of owning nice cars
:(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 1:41 am 

Nah, nothing damaged thankfully. Just ran into a few carloads of idiots while taking the Skyline for a drive the other day - got harassed for being Asian and "cruising with no mates" (from their perspective). Got told to go back to Japan as well, which is amusing since I don't come from Japan! then while waiting at a set of lights some goon tried opening the passenger side door, luckily I drive with the doors locked.

What really irks me is that people have asked why I even bother owning the car if I get so annoyed with the "attention" I receive. My response was that there's a big difference between attention in the form of derision (which I can live with), and attention in the form of malice.

anyway - back on topic :D

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 30   [ 589 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 30  Next