#
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:23 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 40 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:07 am 
Couple of small things I hadn't yet updated here, excuse the crap photo's

Dorifto (read: ebay cheapo) dished steering wheel:

Replaced missing Twin Cam 16 (didn't come with the 'G') sticker, excuse the filthy car:

And the big one...found the reason for the bouncy idle!

In case it's hard to tell, those are some burnt components and tracks which lead directly to the RSC (ISCV closed signal) tracks on the ECU connectors. I suspect either the old ISCV has caused this, or somebody has shorted/connected +12v to the wrong pins while testing something :D

Got another ECU on the way which is from a late model JDM SC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:56 pm 
Small update:
Car is in the process of getting RWC/Rego sorted (Roadworthy certificate and registration for those not from Australia :) ), just need to get my exhaust changed over tomorrow for something nicer and quieter than the current cannon, then by Friday/Monday I should be rego'd! :D

I'm thinking of going something like this:

Also picked these up on ebay for an absolute song:

Wedsport RS-5 in 16x7 +35, cost me all of $250 :D
They will need a little bit of a cleanup, gotta remove the clearcoat off the lip and re-polish them.
I'll get some better pics and maybe some on-car shots on the weekend when I go pick them up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:30 am 
Got my exhaust done today, sooooo much better than the ghey cannon! Used to have the stock cat, U bend, then a lukey muffler and then the cannon. I got the dude to cut it off after the U bend, and replace it with a 2.5" round muffler, then a bit of piping to a chrome double tip. Looks almost stock, and sounds shitloads better. Idles very quietly but has a nice note when you put the foot down, but no annoying drone. And I can hear the supercharger now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 3:25 am 

tooch wrote:
Got my exhaust done today, sooooo much better than the ghey cannon! Used to have the stock cat, U bend, then a lukey muffler and then the cannon. I got the dude to cut it off after the U bend, and replace it with a 2.5" round muffler, then a bit of piping to a chrome double tip. Looks almost stock, and sounds shitloads better. Idles very quietly but has a nice note when you put the foot down, but no annoying drone. And I can hear the supercharger now!

That's pretty neat. Looks almost identical to the setup I got installed on mine right down to the big barrel muffler, although I didn't bother with shiny tips :lol: the important things - no drone, no loss of performance, and QUIET.

nice rims too, the AW should look good with those fitted.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 5:10 am 
Yeah if I had've known the chrome tip was $100 I might not have bothered!! Oh well, looks nice on the car :) But yeah the car definitely doesn't feel any more restricted than when it had the cannon on, so its win win for me!

Thanks, I was fairly stoked at finding those for so cheap, AND in a near perfect offset!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 11:10 am 

hey i have always wondered. On that ebay deep corn wheel... does it feel flimsy at all to you or is it a pretty sturdy wheel? wheels are supposed to flew a little bit.

i have a personal and im affraid it going to get jacked i am getting rid of it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:31 pm 
To be honest, for a $99 wheel I expected it to be very flimsy, but it's not!
Only flexes if you really try to bend it. I did a track day with it and it felt fine on fast hard turning.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:14 pm 

tooch wrote:
To be honest, for a $99 wheel I expected it to be very flimsy, but it's not!
Only flexes if you really try to bend it. I did a track day with it and it felt fine on fast hard turning.

all my nardi's have had a little flex to them none of my Personals did. Just ordered my ebay wheel lol hope its as nice as yours :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:29 pm 

Wow the RHD versions got the shit end of the stick after 87. i drove an 85 and found i couldnt fit well because of the location of the E-brake. then i drove an 89, after the ebrake moved to the other side, and loved the feel of the car. it went backwards for yall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:49 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

ooooohh!! Sick! You rarely see anybody doing anything with these anymore, I'm a huge fan of this chassis though! Great car!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 16, 2009 10:03 pm 
Received these today, shame they aren't actual Toyota foggies as they are 100% JDM no boosheet! New old stock Mazda Bongo van fogs, I think they'll look decent on my car. I'll black out the printing on the covers and stick a toyota decal over them.

Oh and has anyone seen this 'Beauty member' sticker before? it's inside my petrol filler lid

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:31 pm 
Mwahahahahah, just got this in the post. Paid way too much for it on ebay. Shown next to the car key for an idea of scale :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:30 pm 
Administrator

Micro Machines! I have a bunch of those (not MR2s) sitting around somewhere...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:55 am 
Halfway through restoring of the Weds, so I thought I'd try a couple of them on for size. Nice fit, and should look even better after a final polish and some new tyres. Still undecided about whether or not to respray the centres.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 10:32 pm 
MOAR!!

The red one you look through the sunroof and there's a picture of a spare tire and tools and shit inside. HOW COOL IS THAT!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 1:11 am 
Administrator

lol, looks like they had to extend the wheelbase to get that stuff inside! Very cool though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:47 am 
Hahah yeah I was wondering why that one was longer than the other one! Then I realised it had the window on the top and went WHOA!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:15 am 

White wheels on a dark car. Good contrast, I like :)

though if you did respray 'em, what colour would you go?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 7:29 pm 
Took a few pics after giving her a quick wash today. I don't think I've posted any pics of her with the yellow foggies on, I like the look with the foggies installed and the headlights up, JDM y0.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 12:54 pm 

Gorgeous. :shock:

New fogs look right at home. :tu:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 40 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2