#
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:21 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:34 pm 

I would hate to see them go but neither of them have offered much to the American market for years. They make alot of cars that we don't get that people would probably buy.

Whoever said "You can't take it with you when you die" never had tattoos...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:58 pm 

JT191 wrote:
We're talking about people who buy a new car every other year, wear only designer clothes, eat breakfast at the Starbuck's drive thru and the other two meals a day from the McDonald's drive thru, run up tens of thousands of dollars in credit card bills, then file for personal bankruptcy (on a regular five year cycle) and explain to their attorney and credit counselor that they can not live without their cable TV and cell phone while they walk out from under all their bills.

The economy and the price of gasoline are both going to have to get much worse before people would even consider smaller cars, and the population would have to starve down to a size that they would actually fit into smaller cars at all.

One family friend said she never had a car she could sit in comfortably before she got a minivan. She is almost four foot wide.

It's a problem of both brain washed mind set, and the ergonomics of gluttony.

It doesn't help that people view transportation as isolation, instead of simply getting from here to there. Everyone wants to go from their McMansion to their office park lot or garage, hermetically sealed in a big, cavernous, tall carpet and thickly cushioned interior, that is silent, with the tinted windows rolled up, and their AC cranked. They want to look down on everyone else from a high perch. And they have to have many cup holders big enough to hold 50 gallon trash barrel size drive thru beverages.

...The problem is that ending gluttony would make a cycle.

Smaller people would require less fuel to transport them, on land and air (always amuses me when a 350lb person has removed the radio from their Camaro "to save weight"), and would additionally free up infrastructure/transport resources necessary to transport unconsumed food, which would then possibly be made more affordable to starving citizens of third world countries...

The decrease in medical problems would also stop us from sinking so much money needlessly into the nation's health care system, freeing up doctors, etc... As well as increasing the productivity of American labor, cutting down workman's comp/disability...

Point is, I'd miss the Evo if Mitsu went, and the Suzuki Verona was kind of cool, what with the straight six and all, but it's not like they make it anymore, and I think it was always a Daewoo to begin with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:51 pm 

I hope they dont leave.. Im not a huge fan of the new evo but I like suzuki's mini evo.. the new sx4 is awesome.. look up chacon or empire suzuki's sx4s..

Ive secretly wanted one for a while..

I guess you have to come out sometime

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:44 am 
JNC Enthusiast

datsunfreak wrote:
That majority won't own smaller cars until that's all the government will allow them to drive. :?

Also lets not forget..... The govenrment wont LET us drive smaller cars. We have a classic tug of war here. Big brother says we pollute to much.... we need better MPGs. Then they also say that we need crazy ridiculous crash standards and need to drive cars that bcome rolling pillows in the event of an accident. These two facts will forever fight one another.
I for one would love to buy a new car with no airbags and over zelous safety equipment. Give me seatbelts and a padded dash and I will be happy.

'83 Sapporo Technica; '84 Starion ES; '74 Colt; '80 Colt; '79 Cressida
'91 RX7 convertible; '68 Camaro SS 350 convertible; '71 NSU 1200c

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2