#
It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:29 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: Problem with forum
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:42 am 

Hi there,

Wasn't 100% sure if this is the correct location, but I need to ask if you have any solution for my problem.

I enter the JNC forum from my bookmarks. (http://www.japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/)

Usually, I'm logged out whether or not I have last time chosen "keep me always logged in" (or whatever it says). So I have to log in. It may succeed or not, usually it takes two attepts to get in.

Aftter logging in I go to Toyota Garage. I see that there are new posts since my last visit and I shift-click the icon to open the threads (into new tabs). I usually open several threads and go to read the first opened. It looks OK and shows me the thread starting from the first not read message. OK, but when I open the next tab, the message says (there are no unread messages). I need to open the full thread and search for the first unread post MANUALLY. Really frustrating! This happens againg and again until I have gone through all the opened threads.

I'm using several forums daily and no other forum has this kind of problems. I use YaBB forums and SMF forums, but I think this is the only phpBB I'm trying to use. I don't think it has anything to do with cookies since all the other forums work fine. Please tell me what's wrong! Thanks!

Toyota Club of Finland

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:41 am 

Well, my problem is quite similar to yours I guess.

Since I'm accessing the forum using the computer at home, I chose the "keep me always logged in" option. If not, every time I log in, I need to log in again! Meaning I have to log in twice! Once successfully logged in the second time, the forum says there are no new posts. It seems that I was logged out as soon as I logged in the first time. It's like logging in, logging out and logging in again within seconds, so searching for the new posts feature returns zero result!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:10 am 

I have the same problem...I usually log in by going thru the "log in to check messages" tab...It seems to keep it from erasing the new posts.

Post subject: Re: Problem with forum
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:56 am 
JNC Enthusiast

cman wrote:
Hi there,

Wasn't 100% sure if this is the correct location, but I need to ask if you have any solution for my problem.

I enter the JNC forum from my bookmarks. (http://www.japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/)

Usually, I'm logged out whether or not I have last time chosen "keep me always logged in" (or whatever it says). So I have to log in. It may succeed or not, usually it takes two attepts to get in.

Aftter logging in I go to Toyota Garage. I see that there are new posts since my last visit and I shift-click the icon to open the threads (into new tabs). I usually open several threads and go to read the first opened. It looks OK and shows me the thread starting from the first not read message. OK, but when I open the next tab, the message says (there are no unread messages). I need to open the full thread and search for the first unread post MANUALLY. Really frustrating! This happens againg and again until I have gone through all the opened threads.

I'm using several forums daily and no other forum has this kind of problems. I use YaBB forums and SMF forums, but I think this is the only phpBB I'm trying to use. I don't think it has anything to do with cookies since all the other forums work fine. Please tell me what's wrong! Thanks!

Cman,

I have the same problem as edz280zx and SharmCos, and your problem sounds similar to ours. Like edz280zx mentioned, I also always log in by the "Log in to Check Messages" option and things are okay - it's a bit inconveniant, but seems to work. I never log in using the "Log In" option located at the top and bottom of the screen. I've experienced this problem ever since the forum went online and have addressed the situation with Ben and Dan but at that time there didn't seem to be a solution (@ the time, they found solutions in reference to cookies, but that didn't seem to help any). I've been on other phpBB forums and have never encountered this problem.

Try logging on with the "Log in to Check Messages" option and see if that doesn't solve your problems.

p.s. The "keep logged in" feature also seems to never have worked properly, at least for me it hasn't... :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:23 am 

I use Firefox as my browser, I always start at the main page and I haven't had any problems yet. Logs me in automatically and works as it should.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:37 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Tyson wrote:
I use Firefox as my browser, I always start at the main page and I haven't had any problems yet. Logs me in automatically and works as it should.

Ah, so it must be an IE issue... I love Microsoft :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 5:15 pm 

The automatic log in works OK for me. The problem only appears when I log out i.e licking Log Out rather just close the tab/window.

I only use Google Chrome. Haven't tested with any other browsers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 3:06 pm 
Administrator

We're using phpbb software and unfortunately know nothing about its inner workings.... If someone does, any help would be greatly appreciated!

I think we're overdue for an upgrade but I'm afraid it might mess things up. When we have some time we'll upgrade. Firefox seems to be the best hassle-free browser to use with this site (not to mention many others). Sorry I don't have a better answer for you...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:14 pm 

Tyson wrote:

x2 8)

IE hates this website, along with 3-4 others I go to a lot, so I just deleted it altogether. :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:15 am 

Do you have the "accept cookies" option chosen? Does it do it for other sites too or just this one?

1977 Toyota Celica GT liftback

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:33 am 
Administrator

datsunfreak wrote:
IE hates this website, along with 3-4 others I go to a lot, so I just deleted it altogether. :tu:

if you really deleted ie, you must've used a deletion tool, because without that, ie never really gets deleted :wink:

i'm having trouble with some websites using the latest firefox (3.5.2)
i was happy with previous verson(s), but got hoodwinked with the "security updates" and installed the update(s) :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 10:39 pm 

toyotageek wrote:
Tyson wrote:

Ah, so it must be an IE issue... I love Microsoft :x

No, I've been using Firefox, IE and Maxthon, nothing works without problems (on this forum).

Thanks for the tips, I'll try the solution mentioned above.

Toyota Club of Finland

Post subject: Re: Problem with forum
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 9:50 pm 

toyotageek wrote:
cman wrote:
Hi there,

Cman,

I have the same problem as edz280zx and SharmCos, and your problem sounds similar to ours. Like edz280zx mentioned, I also always log in by the "Log in to Check Messages" option and things are okay - it's a bit inconveniant, but seems to work. I never log in using the "Log In" option located at the top and bottom of the screen. I've experienced this problem ever since the forum went online and have addressed the situation with Ben and Dan but at that time there didn't seem to be a solution (@ the time, they found solutions in reference to cookies, but that didn't seem to help any). I've been on other phpBB forums and have never encountered this problem.

Try logging on with the "Log in to Check Messages" option and see if that doesn't solve your problems.

p.s. The "keep logged in" feature also seems to never have worked properly, at least for me it hasn't... :cry:

Same for me whenever I use my own computer... However there is another computer in our house running IE as well and with that computer I don't seem to have those problems... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 9:33 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

i use firefox..
no logging problems so far..
what i do is..
always log in to JNC from the forwarded message that comes in my yahoo mailbox..

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]