#
It is currently Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:20 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ]
 Post subject: Help a brother out.
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:06 pm 

Ok, im not a happy camper atm. After finally finishing my brake conversion i found out my wheels dont fit. See below. No, camber will not fix the issue as i also tried the wheels on the rear and they didnt fit. Ignore the tyre in the photo, i tried them with 205/40's and they still stuck out of the gaurds by 15mm [bit over half inch in your measurements].

I need an email and/or info in regards to Panasports or Konig [the watanabe/panasport looking ones]. Need to know the following -

- Who i can speak to in regards to a price
- If they are availible blank for redrilling in a different PCD
- What size/width they are availible in
- What offsets they are availible in

Thanks.

Daily 78 Isuzu Gemini Sedan, stock G161z, Rodeo EFI, 500hp roller, 157rwkw. Fun :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 10:59 pm 

Since you're in Australia, try these two places?
Or go to the Konig Website
The ones you're looking for are called Konig Rewinds.
As for Panasport, they are usually custom order and have various sizes, but you'll pay a lot more than Konigs. Good luck

KONIG WHEELS DEALER
Hoxton Park, Australia
Phn 612-982-50355
Fax 612-982-50322
Email sales@ozzytyres.com.au

KONIG (Australia)
1044 Canley Vale Road
Wetherill Park NSW 2164
Australia
011 61.2.9756.6688 or 011 61.2.8787.9292

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:15 am 
JNC Enthusiast

how about adding some flares on the fenders??...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:52 am 

roosterfella46 wrote:

+1 :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:52 pm 

How much material is on the backside of the mounting face? You can take them to a machine shop and have them milled down if you have enough material to safely do it. We've done that with some Drag wheels over here on a KE15 sprinter. Worked out perfectly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:42 am 

Quote:

1. Gaurds are already rolled and pumped
2. Flares arent availible for Geminis
3. They look ugly on Geminis
4. I spent 5500 on paint and panel. Im not cutting into the car and fucking it up.

Quote:
How much material is on the backside of the mounting face? You can take them to a machine shop and have them milled down if you have enough material to safely do it. We've done that with some Drag wheels over here on a KE15 sprinter. Worked out perfectly.

Thought about it already Pertano. There isnt much meat in the backside, being a 3piece wheel they [the centers] are all the same. I could possibly replace the outter section of the wheel, however at 350 per outter [yes, 350 x 4] its not worth it. Plus having to buy the special Simmons socket [another 150 down the drain]. Easier just to buy wheels that fit.

Daily 78 Isuzu Gemini Sedan, stock G161z, Rodeo EFI, 500hp roller, 157rwkw. Fun :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 1:48 pm 

those are some pretty mocho tires on there... are you running those same rims? earlier you said you were running a different tire?

you could get those rims to clear fairly easy with some skinnier tires. I do it with 240's all the time where full articulation of the camber adjusters is needed. Just need to do a pretty sever fender roll which will most likley chip the paint. otherwise all your options have been tossed at you. Its up to you to figure which one is the best choice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 6:37 pm 

Tyres in the photo are 235/40's, way too big. I put a 205/40 on one of the wheels to try it out, ended up trying it on a friends Gemini which has the same brake/suspension setup as mine and they dont fit. While the front wheel fits under the gaurd you cant turn.

Although camber adjustment is possible via aftermarket slotted top balljoints, it still isnt enough. Still wont stop the rim from grabbing on the bottom edge of the gaurd, and still wont change the fact the wheel sticks out particularly at the rear.

Considering the car will be making well over 250rwkw on street fuel [335rwhpw], and it only weighs 900kg, handling, safety, and engineering requirements outweigh making the wheels fit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:09 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

What are you running for camber (and don't cus, I read your post, lol). I know you dont think camber will fix it, but if it only stuck out about 15mm with proper tires, negative about 2-3 degrees should help loads. Wheels on my cressida stuck out about 1", -4 degrees and my wheel wells eat em right up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 7:40 pm 

Dont take anything i say as personal dude - shit mood plus dealing with a relationship break up is making me pretty agro.

Its already running about -2deg from the reversed balljoints - the sticking out outside the gaurd is with that camber.

Running camber my fix the front but it wont help the back being solid axle. Itll sit the wheel right on the arch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:13 pm 

yeah i am in the same boat as you F3ared. I have an rx7 rear end which is 2 inches wider on each side then the stock. I ended up having to run some steelies for now. i hate to say this but if it looks like its sticking out the same amount on the rear and front you are going to have to bite the bullet and get a higher offset wheel. Id rather do that then chop up my prestine body. You can flair out the fender a hair with a fender roller but the metal is soo thick on the rear its nearly impossible.

this is my issue.

before rolling

after rolling with some force used to push the fender out

hope this helps a bit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:42 pm 

Cheers dude, yeah i wasnt keen on touching the bodywork seeing as it cost me so damn much and its fukn pristine.

Heard back from performance wheels, they dont do 15 x 7's in the offset i need however they make 16 x 7's in +35 which will work. See below.

Superlite

Still waiting on Konig to get back to me re the Rewinds.

Anyone know any other old-school looking wheel manufacturers i can try that are reasonably priced and availible in blank/custom drilled PCD's?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:46 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

F3ARED wrote:
Dont take anything i say as personal dude - shit mood plus dealing with a relationship break up is making me pretty agro.

Don't worry I wasn't, lol. Just didn't want you to think I was typing before reading :D.

Sucks about the live axle. Looks like you're going to have to get a higher offset or flare, that's about it :(. Ever concider swapping in IRS? Might be worth looking into.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:26 pm 

Ive seen it done only twice. Once on the european equivilent [Opel Kadette C...this one happened to be a GT\E rally car] which was a big dollar job, and a dodgy one that popped up in aus with an MX5/Miata rear which was far from ideal [control arm positions etc].

To hack up my floor just for wheels is not something i want to do lol

Plus theres a small issue of strength - short of the R200 out of an S15 i dont think theres many diffs and CV's that are easily and cheaply availible thatll handle it. Then youve got issues like making sure driveshaft angles are right, control arm swing radius etc etc. Easier just to go the tried-and-tested route.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 5:22 am 
JNC Enthusiast

i still think that flares would be nice..
if theres non available for gemini..why not make a custom one?
my swift got the same issues...current wheel's offset is too much for the swift
rear tyres are rubbing hard when taking the corners too fast.. :lol:
planning to stiffen the rear n put some fiberglass flares to cover up the wheels...
something like on this starlet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:51 am 

Fibremotive here in Sydney can supply you a set of flares for $500 i think of memory???

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 16 posts ]