#
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:41 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 19 posts ]
 Post subject: Mazda T600 Restoration Help
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 3:52 pm 

Hello. I am new to this forum. I am looking for information, help, parts for a restoration project of a 1962 Mazda T600. It was sitting idle for some time and had lots of rust. I completely stripped it down and am repairing rust damage and so on.

Any one else working on one of these? How different is a T600 from a K360? Any parts suppliers out there?

Any help or referal would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:19 pm 
Administrator

Not the same car, but you need to talk with azfast1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:51 am 

Well, I just saw you are located in the US. In any case, yahoo auctions jp is your best chance. You must be patient though. NOS tailights for T600 appeared after 4 years. If you think it might help I can scan for you some pages from the parts book. Photos please.

Post subject: Photos
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:21 am 

I am not sure how to insert images. I don't have them posted on the internet. Is there a way to attach them? Ed

Post subject: Parts
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:44 am 

Oh, forgot to mention parts; Looking for master cylinder, accelerator cable, rear shocks, oil reserve, gas pedal, weather striping and maybe the doors. I may try and repair the the existing ones. Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:29 pm 

I sent you a pm about the parts. How your vehicle appeard at the US?
Do you know anything about her history?

Post subject: T600 History
PostPosted: Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:37 pm 

Yes I know the history on it. I am under the belief that it is the only one in the USA. A man moved to the USA from Japan and brought the T600 with him. He used it in his flower nursery for about 5 years. He even tried to import the cars but once the factory learned he only worked in a nursery, they declined to sell to him. After nearly crashing it on a public street he parked it on his lot and never used it again. I was given it in 1998 and just started restoring it last year. It has under 3,000 miles on it but was left outside and rusted up quite a bit. I have completely taken it apart, including body parts and am repairing rust damage.

The convertible top is completely gone. Does anyone have good photos of a cloth top so I may duplicate it?

Thanks to you all for the help and referals...keep em coming, Ed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 06, 2009 2:32 am 

Great story. There is a japaense site which can help you with photos. Google http://www.geocities.co.jp/MotorCity/3660/k360a1.htm
http://meisha.sitenavi.org/m_K360.htm
and you will find plenty of excellent photos. My T600 is a hard top one, so I cant help you with photos.

Conserning the parts, as you didnt receive my pm, no I havent got any spares from the ones you asked, but I ll check for brake master cylinder as the four initial digits of the part is 0190, indicates that is rather not an exclusive T600 part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2009 3:55 pm 
Administrator

How 'bout posting some pictures? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 9:00 am 

a. Photos please
b. brake master cylinder=0190 43 400 (ass'y) -410, [sorry 0190 is definetely a T600 code] (only T600)
c."rear damber"= 0137 28 700 (the same)
d. "wire boot (accelerator wire)"=0136 41 663 (the same)
e."accelerator control wire ass'y"=0137 41 660A ''

the same= part for K360 and T600

f. At yahoo auctions always search for K360, hardly anything appears under "T600". Most of the parts are compatible or identical

g. .........photos please

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2009 8:37 pm 

Hi Ed,

Found a T600 brochure in my collection in english and scanned it. Also shows the top in the first photo. Hope this helps. Congratulations on your find!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:04 pm 
Administrator

Interesting... what country is that brochure from ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:01 am 

hi Ben,

I was going to offer that the brochure is from Australia, New Zealand, Hong Kong or South Africa but if you notice in the photo the steering wheel is on the left. All above countries drive on the right like Japan. However, the island of Okinawa where all the U.S. air bases are located, they do drive on the left and Mazda has sold left hand drivers on Okinawa. It also could be just a generic english language brochure for export models.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 6:25 pm 
Administrator

Good to know. I was wondering where else these babies were sold!

Post subject: Photos
PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2009 11:49 am 

I finally got my scanner working to show the before photos and I have a few in-between photos. Can anyone tell me how to upload or attach a jpeg image? Thanks, Ed

P.S. Thanks for the great brochure. Can I talk you into sending a high quality to me? If so, my email is mjpol@comcast.net Thanks again, that will help.

Also thanks for the part nos...

Post subject: Re: Photos
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:18 pm 
Administrator

Ed wrote:
I finally got my scanner working to show the before photos and I have a few in-between photos. Can anyone tell me how to upload or attach a jpeg image? Thanks, Ed

Check the FAQ (stickied first post in the section)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:58 pm 

ben wrote:
Interesting... what country is that brochure from ?

This brochure was for many countries. At that time, in small countries-markets with "strange" languages, brochures were to the language supposed to be better related to the country. With the exeption of the rich European north, most of the other coutries had brochures written in a powerful language: French, English etc for the ex-colonies, French for Lebanon etc. I dont remember a brochure in arabic for example until late 70s. In the then poor Greece, that was exactly the brochure that was in use for the T600. English was chosen as the foreign language supposingly mostly understood by the population, which of course was not true for sixties. I dont think there was a single buyer of the T600s speaking or understanding english...besides some employers using those vehicles in their companys. But the common target group of that car was the undereducated little business man, like urban small scale transportation, food, meat, grocery and that kind of stuff small stores.
Imagine that even parts catalogs, besides japanese, were in english only until late 70s, the earliest ones, like the T600's, written in worse english than I write.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 20, 2009 5:51 pm 
Administrator

That's a great story! Of course here in the US we're used to English being the most popular language. I don't think anyone could sell anything successfully that wasn't marketed in English. It's amazing they were able to sell any at all.

Post subject: Photos, finally, I think...
PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:10 am 

Well I think I figured a way to display photos. Thanks for the help and tutorial but I remembered I have webpage space at comcast. So here we go; http://home.comcast.net/~mjpol/site/?/photos/
Just go to this link and there should be four photos displayed, just click on the one you want to see.

Ed

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 19 posts ]