#
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 9:29 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 7   [ 132 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:56 am 
Theres definately a fine line for these types of cars

tatty, weathered looking cars that have stories behind them are good :tu:

Nasty pretend damage cars that have just been poorly modified then hit with a mallet are bad :td:

Anyways, am I not seeing why you'd want to show off the fact that you crashed? It makes you look like a rubbish driver!

Although if DTM kept their crash damage it would look more like that film "Death Race" :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 24, 2009 11:07 pm 

The look is taken too far but the car would be sitting in a junkyard otherwise. It's not like a rusty AE86 with track damage is very restorable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:55 am 
I had a classic Beetle for a while - some of those folks will spend huge time rusting the cars! Madness. I can love a car with natural patina but to make it rusty - boggles the mind.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:42 pm 

My favorite example of "natural patina"... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 8:07 pm 

ben wrote:
You guys won't see a "What were they thinking?" section in JNC any time soon simply because there are so many cool cars out there that we're struggling to cram them all into the mag as it is, which is a great thing for the nostalgic car movement!

If we had the space, I can't see us singling out some poor kid's car to tear apart, whether it's deserving of ridicule or not.

I'm glad to hear that. A lot of people seem to spend too much time obsessing over what they don't like. They define themselves by what they don't like. Life is too short for that. I prefer to turn my time and attention to the stuff I like. I'd rather be positive than negative.

Of course that doesn't mean don't be critical. The original poster isn't a hater just because he was critical of a couple of cars. He stated his opinion and gave solid reasons for his opinions. The people who call him a hater are simply trying to stifle his opinion by calling him names. It's so much easier to call someone a hater than take criticism. Whenever you modify a car, you're making an artistic statement. If you can't take the criticism, then don't do it in the first place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 10:13 pm 

Im not sure if its been said but that 86 has been through alot. I know for a fact is been in at least 20+ drifting accidents, he rolled it in the canyons and much more. He just repaired it how he did to make it run and work, maybe somethings are over kill. But that car has gone through alot and is still going, i personally like it for that fact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:18 am 

I don't know if you guys have seen the new article on speedhunters about that rusted-look e28 that was posted on here. But after I saw it in the article, I think the rust-look was a little overdone. The wheels look freakin awesome tho!

http://speedhunters.com/archive/2009/08/17/car-life-gt-gt-stanceworks-roadtrip.aspx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:27 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Ae72_Slide wrote:
Im not sure if its been said but that 86 has been through alot. I know for a fact is been in at least 20+ drifting accidents, he rolled it in the canyons and much more. He just repaired it how he did to make it run and work, maybe somethings are over kill. But that car has gone through alot and is still going, i personally like it for that fact.

Like I said before, isn't drifting supposed to be about skill and not crashing your car and being proud of it? I'd be embarrased to say I've had 20+ accidents. :roll:

I was reading the latest entry on Noriyaro, and it made me think of this thread, which I had hoped would of died by now, but it hasn't so I'll drop this quote from Noriyaro here:

"Personally, I’ve never been the type who enjoys breaking things for the sake of it, nor do I like crashing, mostly because you end up with a jerked neck and a lot of work to. Isn’t part of the fun of drifting knowing that you’re toeing the edge, and could wipe out your beloved car at any second? Who is more hardcore if they’re pulling off the same crazy lines and angle? The guy in the car that looks like a piece of crumpled newspaper, or the one with fresh paint and expensive wheels?

So, let’s start the campaign against junk missiles!

Kiss the wall tenderly, don’t give it a black eye! Damage is a side effect! Keep it straight when sideways!
"

Full write up HERE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:15 am 

Here's my Rat-mobile!
Neo- J-Tin '87 CE-96 Corolla wagon. Its a jdm model, used to be right-hand drive, now converted to left hand drive.
Yes I drive it! To the market, picking up parts, to bad neighborhoods, etc. I leave the doors unlock nobody would steal it.....He He! :lol:

Someday it'll get restored.

2pc Heroes racing Mesh shoes.

I read a magazine once about a jap guy who scraped his pick-up to bare metal. Left it to get rusted and then he just sprayed clear coat on it and slammed his truck and entered it in a car show...crazy! If i find the pics ill post it here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:11 am 

JETTO, you're killin' me, dude. I had a '91 Corolla wagon for about seven years - loved that car freakin' car :cry:!

Post subject: Re: The new 'Butcher your classic car' trend.
PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 8:55 am 

..these were tough FF toyota wagons :D

Post subject: Re: The new 'Butcher your classic car' trend.
PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 12:13 pm 

Awesome 3 year old bump but thanks, it was some interesting reading.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 7 of 7   [ 132 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7