#
It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:12 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: Blue balls for car
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 2:04 am 

I see a lot of cars now that are built with all the nicest parts and not a smudge on the car. To see a car with potential then get built yet never get used to its potential. Its like blue balls for cars.

I see these guys get ahold of these amazing cars and are too scared to cut into them like they did back in the day before bolt-ons exsisted. Back when our cars were made there wasn't too many if any aftermarket parts you could wrench on within a matter of minutes. Back before TCS and all the flippy floppy paddles on cars that practically drive themselves. Back when cars were fun to drive and it actually took more then reaction time, yet a little muscle to maneuver them around turns. The days when tunning was done by screwdriver and our senses not by microprecessors and a mouse. Back when cars sounded like cars not supersonic jets warping through time down the track. The day your teenager got in their first wreck and the car wasn't totaled. Back when cars were real and so were the women. When emissions were obsolete and gas was cheap. When Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee were equaly badass and Debbie Harry was hot.

I am proud to own a Japanese Nostalgic car. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 6:19 am 
Well said! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:46 pm 

:slowclap:

I aprove

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 4:05 pm 
That was beautifully said -

That should have been accompanied by Barber's Adagio for Strings in the background

Infact -

http://home.snu.edu/~bballweg/adagio/adagio.mp3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:54 pm 

damn i was bored last night... that song fits all too well lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:06 pm 
your little speech is dead true though!

I regularly do track days at Brands Hatch - and nothing beats wrestling a Retro car round the track!

Ferrari FXX? Yeah it might be fast, but you use as much skill driving it as you do when u dig out the playstation and load up Gran Turismo!

I think the issue of DIY modification on early cars probably pioneered modern tuning as we know it today, except back then you just kept tinkering until it felt like it was faster - not because theoretically it should go faster!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 11:18 pm 

very true lol

I dunno about you guys but at the track in my classic compaired to my newer cars i dont seem to be as scared to get a little nasty and not worry about a few scratches yet the car still looks cleaner then any of my newer cars. Its just a little beast i swear. Not like a chuaua is, more like a great dane. All nice but deep down inside it knows it owns your ass lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:58 am 

:tu:

Hail!!!

that is so touching

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 7:51 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

Dave wrote:
That was beautifully said -

That should have been accompanied by Barber's Adagio for Strings in the background

Infact -

http://home.snu.edu/~bballweg/adagio/adagio.mp3

or something like the background music for this... http://meta.hitpops.jp/contents/public/ ... 031893.asx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 27, 2009 5:22 pm 
I shed a tear.. ;_;

Well said!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 2:26 pm 
JNC Fanatic

:tu: Can't agree more man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 31, 2009 4:40 pm 

It's more like "no balls" instead of "blue balls." Modern cars are adding weight and complexity in order to remove all responsibility from the driver for actually driving their car. But every "drivers assist" they add to a car just makes the driver less attentive, so they have to add more "drivers assists" to make up for it, which makes the driver even less attentive, and it's just a big vicious circle.

Jalopnik has a brilliant article showing the worst modern automotive technology and why it's completely unnecessary:
http://jalopnik.com/5327319/the-25-most ... s/gallery/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:44 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

IMHO
the car company added more n more tech to new cars
so they're cars would look as good as or even better than other cars from other company...so the company will still be in the race for selling more cars..and making money... :lol:

IMHO
no matter how sophisticated our active/pasive safety features our car have...
when an accident happens..and its our time to go..then it means it is time to go..
:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:37 pm 

i can agree with everything the only issue is people now days just dont seem to have enough common sense to drive a standard. Like they say common sense isnt always so common. Nothing less degrading to men then a guy who cant drive his Girlfriends manual Chevy Cavalier or if shes in japan a Toyota Cavalier lol :roll:

all i know is if i get in a wreck in my car i might only have one shot at it because how much bigger everything else on the road is and my driver seatbelt doesnt really work. :td:

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]