#
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 6:15 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:07 pm 

I bet that strut rear suspension is actually the early 90s Cressida. :tu:

All the x6/x7 IRS cars use what's in the first photo you showed, "semi-trailing arm" with separate spring/shock.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:20 am 

So the x6 and x7 have exactly the same IRS for sure then. I was at a junkyard today with a bunch of cressidas, I checked all of them and as far as i can tell your right about only the early 90's models having a macpherson strut. I also found an 80's volvo snowplow lip and a set of supra's. The lip's all ready on and I'm picking up the supra rims later on this morning when they open. And yes I'll post pics soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2009 8:50 pm 

Here is a pic...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 3:23 am 

Looks pretty sweet as is but step 1. Hack springs in half. step 2. melt off bump stops. step 3. mash gas pedal and hold on for dear life! j/k man, its always nice to see more x6s. Looks like u got a prime example! is that a Volvo lip? Every time i find one at the junk yard its just that, JUNK! good find if so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 7:19 am 

Yup, that's a $20 lip off a volvo. it looked like sh t when at first glance but after wrenching on all of them it turned out to be the best, i painted it with this stuff from lordco called bumper coater.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:09 pm 

Lancaster wrote:
Looks pretty sweet as is but step 1. Hack springs in half...

:mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2009 9:34 pm 

Nice Shoppe! It looks much better low.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:45 pm 
Administrator

That's dead sexy! Get in my belly!

Also, love the hood ornament. If there's one thing missing from the X70 it's that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 3:24 am 

just cut 2 coils off your stock springs and take out your bump stops for now till you get some after market stuff. its actually still rides nice like that....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 4:29 am 

I would, but I got no free time. I scored some almost new rear Camaro Monroe sensatrac shocks for 50 bucks. Now I need a set of supra ST lowering springs and some front short stroke inserts and the lowering can begin. Oh I almost forgot, I ordered some original fender mirrors from japan through cannonball. So stoked! I cant wait till they get here!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 8:38 am 

I got an 83 mx63 that i just did the suspension on....i also been through alot of parts interchange stuff with supras and later cressidas (x73's) our cars (mx63) are oddballs but i can tell you exactly what will work and what wont....

Front Suspension: Techno Toy Tuning Coilovers and Camber Plates for MX73 900kg on the spring rate, cut and sectioned strut/spindle tube to fit sw20 rear kyb agx...this is known in the supra comunity as the Wes Hetrick trick....

For the Rear i tried the 84 supra rear springs and it raised the car :shock: i guess this works on mx73 but not for us, remember oddballs :wink: i have springs on order from 935 motorsports but the dude is a asshat and pretty much has not responded to me in months...
so for now i rock slightly cut springs...
i may have a solution for this problem but i have not tried it...order custom circle track springs :twisted: you can get them in any size and spring rate..i beleave we need 5.5" Wide Spring, 11" Free Length 250lb to 300lb

rear shocks are again part of the Wes Hetrick trick Rear agx's from a ford focus....

i have more for you just hold tight i will be on later tonight :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2009 9:01 am 

Thanks for the help! You're right about the oddball part! lol. I should have explained better... I'm talking about the suspension techniques (st) lowering springs for the mkII supra, not just regular supra springs. I have researched their use on mx73's and most ppl got about 2-3 inches lower with them, they're supposed to lower a supra 1.5 inches btw.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2