#
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:53 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: got the 78 rolla started.
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:52 pm 

ok, cleaned out inside of dizzy added octane booster and starter fluid to carb, checked the spark plugs and the tips are black, but it fired up. idles REAL ruff, e.i. chugga chugga chugga... blows no smoke, but throws spatters of oil out the exhaust pipe. i adjusted the idle screw and the A/F screw and got it to not run so rich, but im assuming the oil spatters are from the rings being done for? im trying to get this to the point where i can drive it to the next JNC meet at the torrance cross roads here in so cal! ill post some pics as soon as i get a camera to use.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 8:35 pm 

Carburator probably needs rebuilding. You could get a kit for it or if your really cheap (like me) just clean it out real good and you'll probably end up having to make some of the gaskets that would have come with the kit.

One you have the carb cleaned if it still runs rough I would try leaning it out a little, sounds like its running rich if it's blackening plugs and sputtering.

Oh, one more thing make sure it's got spark on all the cylinders it could be running on just 3. That would make it run really bad and make almost no power.

Good luck! :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 9:06 pm 

thank you so much! i have leaned it slightly and one spark plug wire broke and i kind of rigged it togather so it may be running like a lawnmower for a reason! this forums great because its so fresh there are really no flame wars yet.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]