Hey guys, I figured I'd add another project in the Isuzu section, I keep forgetting to post here!
Anyway this is why my Bellett thread hasn't had any updates lately.
Few bad pictures of the day after I got it. Previous owner tried painting it pink
Very straight body work with a few issues underneath, nothing major though.
I'll grab a few photo's tomorrow of progress.
Fixed some rust in the door.
Sandblasted underneath passenger guard.
Best stuff ever.
This is how it looks when cleaned off and dried, the gold look is the zinc phosphate.
Fixed rust in passenger sill, then applied por15 and primed.
Bit of panel work on the passenger front door and guard. Holes for mirror welded up.
Rust in sills and inner guards all cut out and welded up. etch primed and chassis blacked.
Just waiting on more sandblasting material then engine bay will be stripped and etch primed
Will carry on with body work tomorrow and might start masking it up.
Got my tyres mounted finally. 165/45/15 all round with a nice little stretch on the 7 and 7.5" rims
This is hopefully the final ride height it gets certed at, mocked up on the TE.
Have put my custom 20mm spacers on the front to bring them flush
Had a pretty good day today, sandblasted all under chassis rails and most of engine bay then por15'd and primed. and also patched up where some body sealer had flew off from sandblaster and all around the fuse box cover thinga ma bob where it had rusted.
Primed up bare metal spots and body work. passenger side is 80% done
Looks like it may be painted before I go back to work! (13th)
Roof took about 5 minutes as it only had a few little dings. Most of the drivers side is done minus rear door and front guard.
Sandblasted patches of rust in the boot and blah blah blah.
Should have the whole car masked up ready to be primed tomorrow, might get my paint mixed up too. Then its block sand block sand block sand.
Front valance needs a little attention and also rust in front guards need doing before primer.
Last few days I've worked pretty hardcore on the gem getting everything sweet, even finishing up at 10:30 last night for a 10-11 hour day
Trying to get rid of all the rust I can find, even sandblasted the underside of front guards where they had surface rust and tidied them up a bit. Had to weld in decent size patches in the lower front guards.
Sealed up and put guards back on yesterday, then did more body work on them as well as front and rear valances. Few boring pics..
Spent half a day doing tedious sanding on the door jambs and inside of doors, masking up etc. Then primed
This afternoon I set out to pull the engine and gearbox from the TE as I need a car for work. Need to pull the pedal box out as the TX's one has been robbed (they started using the TX as a parts car, luckily got it before they stole the mint bumpers and ruined it even more)
It's now out and on the engine stand ready for a quick clean up. Tomorrow I'll start block sanding and hopefully get it in its last primer coat by the end of the day. (was hoping to get it painted tomorrow but decided not to rush things..)
Well I ended up spending the weekend away but spent about 10 hours on it today and will hopefully be fully painted one day after work this week (back to work tomorrow ftl)
With a last minute decision I decided not to dye/paint all the interior black and am using the light blue stuff from the TE as it suits the final colour I reckon it'll look sweet. I'll just dye the carpets black.
Started masking up for the black window surrounds, same as stock paint but a lot better (the factory can't make a straight line for nuts) I'm also going to add a light blue pinstrip to break up any waviness in the masking to match the interior and blue pearl
Here's how she looked at about 9 tonight.
Just a couple of patches to quickly sand as well as all door jambs then it's ready to paint. I have painted the engine bay, under side of bonnet, boot jambs and underside of boot today but haven't got any decent pics as they're blurry. Colour is silver with a very
mild blue pearl.
Turns out I didn't go to work today, I was gonna type a bunch of nuts here but I don't think anyone will read it so here's some pics instead.
Blacked window surrounds and base coats.
Looked sweet with sun coming down tonight on the boot.
Unmasked tonight and polished up a few bits like lenses and threw them on.
Going to go for wof tomorrow, it's going to fail for sure but hopefully not too badly!
Edit: Paint came out pretty average, could have had another 5-10 hours on prep to be honest.
Well she's all warranted now
Still needs a cut and polish, pinstripes, wheels spacers and various other things to do. Probably won't happen for a while now as I'd rather just be driving it
Went with early V8 Commodore springs in the rear which have a better spring rate than the king springs, I want to upgrade to LC-LJ Torana springs up front also. TXs don't have a factory swaybar in the rear but it has a far snappier turn-in compared to the TE which suits my driving style a bit better, surprised with how well the 165's cope as well.