#
It is currently Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:54 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]
 Post subject: 1966/1967 T600
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 2:45 pm 

Two years before I bought this late 1966 or early 1967 mazda T600. The only obvious difference with most(?) (if not all) of the K360s is the longer body. The engine works nicely. Mazda Greece has no parts at all besides it was a very popular three wheeler until mid seventies. The only NOS parts I finally found here are related with the block of the engine. The restoration goes very slowly as I got some other projects and I need some more parts before I start the body work. The car was bought for 1500 euros, plus 300 more for some spare, mostly used parts, the owners discovered at his shed latter on.

Some of the parts I bought. Fortunately the spare wheel "base" was included. This position of the spare wheel (at this position of the truck) has never been seen at any of mazda brochures or any K360/T600 photos so far. It's the iron thing at the left of the green car's boot.

The original hubcaps were also found by the owner and sold to me with the other parts.

Immaculate steering wheel from yahoo auctions jp

Another earlier example used as decoration at a flowers shop

A friend spot it recently at a mountainous little village. Was given to me for free. Not a lot of parts to pick up though.

There is an excellent site dedicated to the k360/t600 from a japanese guy, I think I "saw" him replying here. He must "appear" presenting us his excellent restored vehicles.

For the end, listen to the sound of this 2 cylinder 4 stroke aircooled engine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_24igub7M4

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:58 pm 

baltsiotis, one thing I notice is that everytime I go to Greece the Islands seem to have alot of T600's or T2000's roaming around in working order. They seem to be popular with the villagers and small businesses for moving things around the small narrow lane ways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:34 am 

Very cool, and great work saving and restoring it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:12 am 

gypsy wrote:
baltsiotis, one thing I notice is that everytime I go to Greece the Islands seem to have alot of T600's or T2000's roaming around in working order. They seem to be popular with the villagers and small businesses for moving things around the small narrow lane ways.

You are right. I dont know when was the last time time visited the greek islands, but these are the only places you can meet three wheelers now. They completely disappeared from Continental Greece. Unfortunately, their numbers dicrease rapidly each year, as they are replaced by modern three or four whellers like Piaggio etc. T600s are much harder to be located than T1500 (we never got the T2000). The last three years I only noticed one more T600 for sale. On the other hand its not difficult to buy a T1500 at a price under 2000 euros, although two months ago an islander started restoring one, giving it a "collector's item" profile . I dont think prices will increase for those two vehicles, probably there will be a slight increase for the T1500 as it was locally assemblied. Collectors in Greece are oriented to the restoration of Greek three whellers of the 60s and they dont pay any attention to mazdas.
Most of those vehicles are ported to Athens -when they got serious mechanical problems- and being repaired at a certain garage. I visit this place by time to time trying to locate a good example of a T1500, but most of them are heavily modified. One should buy three cars in order to fix one, and I ve got no place and money to do so.

Here is the picture of a T1500, best example located in Greece conserning the availiability for sale (the last one at the photos of the T1500s). Well, the owner made his mind up recently.

http://www.4tforum.gr/phpBB3/viewtopic. ... 0#p1501119

I have to add that the cabin of "Greek" T1500 is not from metal but polyesteric .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:41 am 
Administrator

Thanks for posting pics of your T600. This is so cool! I had no idea they were used in Greece. Good luck with the restoration and keep us updated! :tu:

Post subject: Re: 1966/1967 T600
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 3:30 pm 
It is wonderful to own mazda T600 in Greece.
Please value it in the future.

I own K360.

mazda K360

mazda T600 & T2000 & T1500

Movie of K360
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xJJEBMZb ... annel_page

It is a site of my K360/T600. (Japanese)
http://www.geocities.jp/mazda_k360/top.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:29 am 

Thanks. I know your site. Its very interesting and extremely helpful to me.

Do you think is possible to find in Japan a meter in descent condition for my T600? I am searching at yahoo.auctions.jp for more than two years with no result as it's no the same with the one of k360.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:10 am 
JNC Enthusiast

on the first pic is that a mazda6 i see??..

mazda 3wheelers i never saw any of em here..
the only 3wheelers popular here is the one that's from daihatsu...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 7:13 am 

yes its a 6 SW, my daily car.
You mean the famous daihatsu midget, dont you?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 9 posts ]