#
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 3:12 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 43 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 14, 2009 4:24 am 
last day of work today, then spending friday detailing and off early AM saturday to carlisle! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 16, 2009 11:18 pm 

I just got home from a long drive back from Carlisle to southeastern MA. I went with a couple of friends that are British car nuts. I must say this is really a great event if you are into British cars,and not so much if you like Japanese cars. While I did see some really nice japanese cars like the ultra-cool Mazda Chantez GL,a Mazda RX-5 Cosmo,some really cool Subaru's,and maybe one of the cleanest SA22C limited edition 79 RX-7's on the planet,the majority of the field was new Audi's,and MGB's/Triumphs. Still a great time,and from what my friend of 20 years or so experience this year was severly lacking in the vendor area,and the car corral. I plan on going again next year,but this time I will either drive or have my friend tow out my REPU,so there will be more Mazda love.

We ended up bringing an empty trailer out with us in case we found something cool to bring back,but instead we had to tow a fellow British car guys MGB-GT with a sweet V-8 under the bonnet home to CT for him after the engine was making some ugly noises.

All-in-all a very fun couple of day,and I guess I just missed Ben taking pics of the 79 Limited RX-7 by a few minutes. The owner had a fresh new JNC sticker,and was planing on subscribing to the magazine.

78 RX-7 GS Spark Yellow
74 REPU Lawn Green

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 3:03 pm 

Thanks for the recap Chris. Much appreciated!

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 17, 2009 7:34 pm 

Forgot to mention there was a awesome collection of Opels,and a few Subaru SVX's that were nothing short of amazing!! I also saw maybe the most Citroens I have ever seen in one place at the same time. Also a very nice BMW 2002tii rally car that seemed to be very well put together,and sorted out. I think it was even street legal which must have been a chore for the owner/builder.

78 RX-7 GS Spark Yellow
74 REPU Lawn Green

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 4:37 am 
had a great time at carlisle...disapointed there was not much representation on the part of honda/acura....but still tons of great cars. Good bit of other makes though, Nissan, Datsun, Subaru, Toyota. Thankfully the collection of honda's we had were of great calibur...2 beautiful 1st gen CRX's an extremely clean Integra, a nice 2nd gen prelude and my blue 1st gen prelude. We need more next year!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:38 am 

evolracing wrote:
had a great time at carlisle...disapointed there was not much representation on the part of honda/acura....but still tons of great cars. Good bit of other makes though, Nissan, Datsun, Subaru, Toyota. Thankfully the collection of honda's we had were of great calibur...2 beautiful 1st gen CRX's an extremely clean Integra, a nice 2nd gen prelude and my blue 1st gen prelude. We need more next year!

Evolracing...Thanks for the nice words about my 92 Integra GS-R It was nice meeting you.
Had a good time also! Same here...Would like to see more Honda product next year. Carlisle is a world class place,and Ed B. the show director did a great job also. I think in years to come the Japanese cars will be a major part of the show....It might take a few years, but it will happen. It was nice to meet and talk with Dan Hsu form JNC. What a nice guy, and, very passionate about vintage Japanese cars..very happy to see coverage.

BTW Nice Prelude!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 8:43 am 
John, great meeting you guys too...look forward to many more years!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 9:25 am 
Administrator

Mazdax605 wrote:
All-in-all a very fun couple of day,and I guess I just missed Ben taking pics of the 79 Limited RX-7 by a few minutes. The owner had a fresh new JNC sticker,and was planing on subscribing to the magazine.

That must've been Dan. He was there on Fri...

if you have any pics please post 'em!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 10:08 am 

I'm sorry Ben, the owner of that car had said the guy who runs the JNC magazine was there just before I got to his car taking pics,and I assumed it was you. Bob the owner of the car couldn't remember the name of the guy taking the pics,but I thought for sure it had to be you.

That first gen Prelude was amazing,and I am sorry I forgot to mention it. I have not seen a 1st gen 'lude that nice since the days they were new. Also the 1st gen CRX is by far the coolest of all of them,and those two were maybe the cleanest ones I have ever seen as well aside from when they were new.

The owner of the Mazda Chantez GL was a really nice guy who even let me sit my fat ass in the car. I am glad he didn't sell it on ebay a few weeks back. I had thought about bidding on it,but now that I have seen it in person,and sat in it there is no way I could use it unless I lose some major weight,and inches off my legs. The car sounded,and smelled like an outboard engine,or a glorified weed-whacker. What a cool car!!!!! Also the 1st gen Brat was very nice,and original looking,and by far my favorite of the body styles.

I wish we could have something like this closer to home,and maybe the Japanese car day we have at the Larz Anderson will someday resemble this,but not yet.

Carlisle needs more Japanese cars though that is for sure. Maybe next year I can bring all three of mine somehow.

78 RX-7 GS Spark Yellow
74 REPU Lawn Green

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 12:43 pm 

Thanks for the comments on my CRX (the red one). It was nice meeting a few of you and seeing your awesome rides. Here are my pics of the weekend, enjoy.

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/s ... lisle5-16/

http://s25.photobucket.com/albums/c79/s ... lisle5-17/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 1:16 pm 

I ended up with someone's phillips screwdriver and glass cleaner. Someone must have thought they were mine and threw them in my bag. If they are yours, pm me and I will return them to you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:53 pm 

Thanks for posting the pics! Loved the yellow Opel rally car. Wish there were more old shool Japanese cars though.

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 18, 2009 6:59 pm 

Mazdax605 wrote:

The owner of the Mazda Chantez GL
I have to admit I never heard of this car. Had to google it. For those like me, here's what a Mazda Chantez looks like:

1976 Mazda Chantez GL II
Rear-wheel-drive
Price new: 573,000 yen
33 horsepower 359cc 2-cylinder engine
86.1 inch wheelbase / 117.9 inch length
10 inch tires
1,080 pound weight
Top speed of 71 mph
4-speed manual transmission
The Chantez was the smallest Mazda model for 1976. No imported were made to the USA or through most of Europe. Four trim levels were available: L, LX, GL and GL II.

Chris, did the owner have a story about it? How did he get one of those over here? What a cool little micro car!

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 12:23 am 
Administrator

Whose green Integra is that? It looks super clean!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:10 am 

ben wrote:

That would be mine Ben..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 5:14 am 

ben wrote:

Here are some more pics.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 7:00 pm 
Administrator

That is gorgeous! Aztec Green, right? Is it a GS-R? Inquiring minds want to know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 4:59 am 

ben wrote:
That is gorgeous! Aztec Green, right? Is it a GS-R? Inquiring minds want to know!

Ben, you are spot on!

Aztec green pearl
GS-R
60K original miles
I am the 2nd owner
It is just the way it came from the factory in Japan, other then oil, air filter, breaks, muffler and tires.

Dealer installed when new
Sun roof visor
Rear mud flaps
Front and rear Carpet
Arm rest
A/C

A few more pics

Two years ago at 56K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:51 am 
Administrator

If you ever want to sell it I'll be waiting :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 6:40 pm 

evolracing wrote:

My 78 CVCC is still in the bodyshop. I'll make sure it gets to Carlisle next year.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 43 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next