#
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 3:11 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 1:23 pm 

hirosada wrote:
Doesn't Eddy post over at www.hachiroku.net as 75rolla?

wha cha mean? he posted my celica there?

BUILDING TO PROVE A PURPOSE FOR THOSE WHO RIDICULED.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2007 12:59 am 
nice looking car dude, just wondering where you got the headlights from! im looking to upgrade mine soon.

Post subject: Rim size question...
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:34 am 

Hello JDM GUY!
I own a JDM TA22 celica as well.
Do you have the dimension of the rims you're using?
I'm wondering if SSR Mk II 15x7.5 (-6 offset) will fit for the front?
Thanks, and I love your car! :wink:

Cheers,

Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:10 pm 

Noice! Looks terrific. Are you going to do something about the license plate holes on the chrome?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:18 pm 
Dru,

I'm new around here, but I have loved old Toyota Celicas and Corollas for years. Matter of fact, my first car was a 1983 Celica GTS LB.

Your car is HOT! Really awesome!!

I would love to find an old Celica or Corolla to restore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:58 pm 

wow, its been a while since ive posted in here.

heres some update that i have been doin to Naomi.

My Naomi is a TA22 S49 model type, so she has a rare combination body of a early coupe and has a sexy RA25 front end.

She is originally equipped with a 2TG 1.6L DOHC motor from the factory with a factory set up of twin solex/mikuni side draft carbs. upon getting her, she already had headers with a straight 2 1/4 piping to a jdm jasma muffler modified from the previous owner.

since Ive had Naomi, ive been a celica nut addict. I've been buying parts like crazy from day 1 till now.

so far, i have purchased a complete 2TG EFI system long time ago because im not much of a fan of carbs due to my expection of performance.

i have also acquired most of 2TG head performance parts for my soon to be Turbo charged 2TG motor.

having a distibutor means more mechanical parts will be moving with the motor so i have decided to terminate that and replace it with an idividual coil pack system.

brand new TRD spark plugs ( hope its the right one)

Chromed out 2TG valve cover

Complete NOS 2TG-I gasket set

Thrust METAL 2TG head gasket

Pair of NOS TRD 2TG turbo cams 272& 288

New Kameari 2TG long performace lifters

New Kameari 2TG 10,000 RPM double springs

TRD 2TG complete gear drive kit with 13 holes TRD cam gears

Brand new stainless steel 2TG valves

billet gas pump cover

:arrow: I am missing just a few more 2TG head racing component parts to complete the build before i will have the head bench flow port.

I currently have a 3tc 18L lower block that i soon will work with after completing my racing 2tg head. as of now, this block is just a sitting duck, if i am able to find a 3tgte lower block, that will replace this.

i have a HKS top mount turbo exhuast manifold with an internal waste gate, combined with a t3 turbo.
but i recently have changed my mind by replacing that HKS turbo exhaust manifold to this Headers type, top mount turbo exhaust manifold with a 3T turbo flange and an external waste gate.

This is how i am expecting my Naomi's engine bay to look like after with all my build except with my motor having an ITB's and a turbo box.

as for my body mods, i have bought Naomi a rare sexy transam kit and a super rare front clear racing jacket.

well, the newest edition that i have bought for her is some little nick nack light lenses. i think these are cool to have because amber isnt kickin with the future color paint job she will get.

i picked up a 79 supre rear end 7.5 3.9 gear ratio
Image[/quote]

Heres a sneak peek of my new set of wheels arriving really soon, they are SSR Long Champs like the ones i already have on Naomi, the specs on these rims are (2x) 14x8 -15 offset and (2) 14x9 -25 offset. I was told that they look very good with the TransAm Kit and will perform superbly with the performance im going for as a speed demon with these wheels on. once i get these wheels, i am ready to take the supra rear end, my car, and these rims to a shop to get it worked on proffesionally.... but i know i will lag on it biggrin .

ok heres another small little nick nack i have been workin on... LED TAIL LIGHTS :shock:

this is how the stock light bulbs looks like with the tail lights

this is my LED light fitted to my tail light housing

this is how it looks with my brand new bubble tail light lense

this is how it looks installed with my old lense for now

more LED lights will come up soon that are still working on pregress.....

my hood arrived few days back surprised .
compared to the OEM hood, this Cf hood weights like a paper. i feel the difference in speed and reaction by reducing some pounds off of her. very expensive but very worth getting

its been a while since ive posted an update with my build :uh:
currently, a 2TG virgin head that ive imported from japan are being port n polished to stage 3 ( biggest port that it can get) are into the work. the custom turbo exhaust manifold that i have are also being match port with the head. i should be getting those 2 parts back after 2009 comes.

well ive received some parts for my motor today biggrin .

2TG over size valves

2TG race Phosphorus Bronze valve guides.

2TG Titanium retainers (10g)

2TG valve spring washers

2TG race valve seals

im almost complete with my full race 2TG head, im just missing the shims because i am still undetermined what type of metal shims i should use. i just need to find out whats the best metal material that could handle 10k RPM.

once i figure out the shims. my next step is to make a fully built, blue printed, full race bottom block. i just need to do some homework to what piston size and piston rod lenght i would need. all that good sweet stuff that can be done to a bottom block will be done.

i had my interior redonw to super white since its super hard to find a clean original creamy white interior. my upholstery guy did a superb job making it look oem but yet modern styling.

acquired a pair of coil over shorten struts from JD not too long ago.

my 2TGEU head are in the process of being ported and polished... state 5 port that is... :shock:

picked up an ORIGINAL 3TGTE long block for my build, im only after the lower part of the block and build it with all internal racing parts. this block will be mated with my fully built 2TG. almost complete to prove one thing.

since i have my 3TGTE lower block and im pretty much set on my 2tg head, im moving on to the lower block racing parts.
arrived today, BRD billet steel heavy duty 3TC main caps for the rod that i will be getting later...

piston rods, forged pistons, racing crank shaft bearings, and ARP bolts is whats next that im after to complete my whole long block motor...

went to check up on the progress on my 2TG head. the intake side of the head is done with the port and polish, only the exhaust side is to be finished before it get sent out for bench air flow test and a 5 angle valve job.

i tore down the 3tgte today, took a while doing it :? . the crank is the only thing left with the lower block. just waiting to afford the remaining parts for the block from BRD sad .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 5:22 pm 

Glad to see the updates! I would love one of those racing headlight covers for my Sunny... :tu:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:23 pm 

holy f*ckin' moly! you guys are doing it real big in the 'yay area! your car is no freakin' joke!!! i want to hug her :shock: haha. i look forward to peepin' out your next update! keep up the good works, mang

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 2:37 pm 

strmrdr23 wrote:
holy f*ckin' moly! you guys are doing it real big in the 'yay area! your car is no freakin' joke!!! i want to hug her :shock: haha. i look forward to peepin' out your next update! keep up the good works, mang

Thanks for da mad props man. Yep, I'm building one serious correct era motor that my celica came with, with new modern technology. :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:42 am 

I love your car!

it sounds awesome btw =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuIyprzuoZs&feature=related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:47 pm 

:shock: :shock: hey, what you get when you spell naomi backwards???

she is sexy! keep up the great work guys. is she coming to so cal to the jccs show?

model car blogspot
http://zenkitrdcoupe.blogspot.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:01 am 

[quote="rollin80's"]:shock: :shock: hey, what you get when you spell naomi backwards???

she is sexy! keep up the great work guys. is she coming to so cal to the jccs show?[/
quote]

You get (I moan) lol.
Thanks for the props, hoping to get her to JCCS next year, we'll see.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 32 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2