#
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 10:57 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 9   [ 170 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:05 am 

stagefumer11 wrote:
ive been looking into work meisters s1,,, something 18x10 or so... Still deciding. And money permiting :(

Most of my design are a inspuration of these pics

http://car.scorelook.com/iimg/r30/50/1197543824.JPG

Nice ride... U shud see my car sitting on the Meisters... :wink:

viewtopic.php?t=2770

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2008 11:23 pm 

Time for a little update. Ove these past few months life has been hard; And well faily restricted in the money side of things.

This is a small update for benny since he's been nagging..

After browsing around on the internet i came across a fantasic Black Nylon Braid kits. Its deisgned for case modders (pc) It consists of many diffrent size's of black braid covering. Ive decided to cover all my hoses, Fuel lines, Bonnet release cable. And main wiring in this. Its a fantastic clean look..

Mounted my rb coils Made some custom brakets that bolt onto the rocker cover, now its a matter of getting some short leads made up. Plus power steering is mounted again.

1x sand blasted thermostat housing

A boring pic to show how DAM LOW my turbo is sitting. Still trying to find the right manifold Looks like The later Hr30 l20et exhasut manifold is the one i need. Compared to my early one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 5:38 am 

stagefumer11 wrote:
Time for a little update. Ove these past few months life has been hard; And well faily restricted in the money side of things.

This is a small update for benny since he's been nagging..

hahahahaha.... I think of it as giving encouragement :lol: :tu:

sorry to hear things have been hard, same with me as well got retrenched a couple of weeks ago, but hoping my trade will get me another job the beginning of next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 6:49 am 

Little update. Well.. Gearbox is installed, On new urathane chassie mounts. God what a mission that was, Two trolley jacks later and me in weird possitions. Finialy its sitting back on the ground.

So yet again with all my boringness, here are pics.. Still alot of work to go Looks like i have a lot to do on the front bumper still.. The lines just arnt right enough

Dam longer gearbox's/ easyer to shit now tho :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 7:30 am 

Wow...love that R30!! Yummy...that L28ET will move that car along VERY well!

Maybe I missed it, but what happened to the FJ Turbo that came in the car?

Also what are you going to do to address the turbo sitting so tight to the engine frame rail. I had to mess with my T3/T4 turbo and mount it an angle so it would not hit my steering shaft (LHD, US Datsun 280ZX), it was a pain!

Yasin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 3:14 pm 

there were to diffrent serries of of r30's well alot more but ill narrow it down to the two types.

hr30 and dr30. Dr30's had the fj serries, Hr30's Had more commonly The L6's,l20e L20et, And the australian l24e. South africa got a l28. I had the L20et.

Im still working out the turbo location problems, Im on the hunt for a late 83-85 hr30 l20et exhasut manifold, Its the same as the usdm l28et which sits the turbo back a little more, Then i wont use the wastegate spacer unit, And sort something else out.

Bit of a bummer really. But ah shit happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:30 am 

I thought I'd sourced you one bro, but guy is piss-arsing about. You can just buy mine if you like? Will probably be christmas '09 before the other guy gets back with an answer on which exactly his is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 7:58 am 

Ahhh thanks for posting...I got confused as the side emblems on your car's rear 1/4 panel reads "2000 GT Turbo"..thinking that the 2L was the FJ not a L20!

and then I remembered the FJ cars had "4valve DOHC GT RS Turbo"...or something along those lines.

Yasin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:28 pm 

kyteler wrote:
I thought I'd sourced you one bro, but guy is piss-arsing about. You can just buy mine if you like? Will probably be christmas '09 before the other guy gets back with an answer on which exactly his is.

ill talk to you on msn :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:42 am 

I GOT MY MANIFOLD!... YAY!.. its f**ken nice. Pics are comming soon :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:22 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:56 am 

Ok guys here us a better pic.... Shows some more detail

Now i did get my other exhasut manifold, A side buy side comparison to show the diffence

Top one is the replacement. Deffinitly bigger runners, Better flange placement and angle

With turbo mounted, EVerything clears apart from the compressor cover hitting the exhasut manifold. So the fix is to put the spacer back on and everything should be fine.

Over all shot

Now the fun bit, Im not using the stock l20et/l28et dizzy and internal cas. So im fitting a rb25det cas unit. The hard part is trying to find a way to mount it. I cam up with this

1x Gutted l20et Dizzy. With top plate smothed out

This is the plan, To mount it directly onto the dizzy..... Just a test shot.

I took the base template of the cas and removed unwanted and need materail off the base of the dizzy... Cleans it up big time, doesnt look so chunky now.
Cas sitting on top.. Shafts are joined with the l20et dizzy drive spline. A tempory setup to i can get it centerd correctly. Need to find a diffrent way

Finialy result... Just need to make some spacers for the studs so they dont clamp down to tight. I still need to flip the cas disk inside, Due to the rb's exhasut cam running in the optisite direction..

More to come

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 5:16 am 

What awesome Skyline person from the bottom of the country sent you that exhaust mani.? I bet he'll demand an 83 KHR30 as payment :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:16 am 
JNC Enthusiast

Awesome stuff! I love these L-6 engines!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 9:25 am 

Might be stating the obvious here, but how are you planning on fixing the RB CAS to the L series housing? It has to be fixed 100% as you still need to be able to adjust base timing by turning the L series housing, get me?

Daily 78 Isuzu Gemini Sedan, stock G161z, Rodeo EFI, 500hp roller, 157rwkw. Fun :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 12:39 pm 

The L20ET uses a solid base non adjustable pedestal, the three bolts on the CAS hold it firm to the optical base (I say optical because that's the dizzy type the L20ET uses), timing is adjusted on the CAS as it would be on the front of the camshaft/timing cover of the RB, loosen nuts/bolts depending on method of fitment and twist.

In standard application you don't adjust the pedestal either, you adjust the upper housing of the dizzy whilst the base remains firm, it's really not that different at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:14 pm 

correct thanks mike... But.. the l20et dizzy base is adustable from 0btc to 30+btc on the factory ec. As you can see the mount holes are sloted. Only the non Optical cas option has the adjustability up the shaft more.. ( these are knowen on the l20et.... )

With this.. the stock l20et dizzy and the the rb cas with my mount, gives me massive timing adjustment. but.. Im going to run the new Link LEMg4 serries ecu. With these ecu's timing is set to 0 on anything mechanical device and fully controled from the ecu..

thanks mike, this awsome dude form down south, Ok... South island of New Zealand, That for the american guys ;).... Sent me this manifold. Somhow i have to figure out a price. hehe :mrgreen:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:55 pm 

Yes i follow you now. Quite different from the Isuzu distributor setups - ie the base of the dizzy moves to time, not just the CAS/upper/internal.

Daily 78 Isuzu Gemini Sedan, stock G161z, Rodeo EFI, 500hp roller, 157rwkw. Fun :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:07 am 

well, stock they are the same,, You move the base.. (whole thing,) to set the timing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 1:28 am 

ok... Ground the spacer off the other manifold and sliped it onto the new one.. And yay! LOTS OF ROOM!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 9   [ 170 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9  Next