Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next

Is the 370z a success?
Yes 57%  57%  [ 8 ]
No 43%  43%  [ 6 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject: Okay, your opinion...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:06 pm 

Since I work at Nissan and got the chance to be able to see the new 370z up close in person... what is your opinion about the car?

Did they improve the 350z? Or do you feel like Nissan is just full of fail?

I'm just curious about how the nostalgic Nissan guys feel about the car.[/list]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:25 pm 

looks ugly.... should of made it look like the 240z... 350z was ugly as well

but thats just my opinion

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 8:39 pm 
Administrator

you should probably rephrase the question since success is usually judged by how many many units were sold plus factors like reliability, etc.

from a jnc enthusiast point of view, it does seem a bit more appealing as it hearkens back to the 240z

however, all of these new nissans (or any other new car for that matter) are dreadful to drive, so it's a moot point

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:16 pm 

I dont care about the Z shot me some good info on the cube and release dates.

Post subject: Re: Okay, your opinion...
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:31 pm 

DegreE wrote:
Since I work at Nissan and got the chance to be able to see the new 370z up close in person...

Then tell them to get cracking on a new 510... :P

Quote:
what is your opinion about the car?

I liked the 350Z a lot, especially with some staggered 18 or 19 inch wheels on it. The new 370Z is big step down, in my opinion. The look is very odd, looking very much like they threw a bunch of styling cues at it with little regard for how they work together. I really dislike the rear side window treatments, they seem out of proportion and shaped all wrong. The headlights are also oddly shaped and don't fit in well with the car. It may eventually grow on me, but I doubt it.

The new G37, to me, works much better. The G went up in styling, while the Z went down.

As with any car, nothing looks good stock. I'll need to see a modified Z to make a fair judgment. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:55 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

^ I agree ^

I personally liked the 350Z especially the later VQ35HR version... the 370Z is a little weird looking to me... I don't like the rear at all. To me it will probably sit on the shelf of "red-headed step-child" a lot like the Z31. To me it's unfair to compare these newer cars to the classics... I appreciate the classic Z's for their nostalgic/simple technology, heritage and vintage looks. The newer Z's (Z32, Z33, etc) for their technological features and modern looks. Is it really so hard to like both?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 12:01 am 

I don't mind it...the best thing about it in my eyes is the roof line and longer hood. I never did care for the 350z's profile as it looked a little too much like an Audi TT to me, but as they say, opinions are like.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:07 am 
Administrator

Well it's lighter and smaller than the 350Z, so that's a plus!

I didn't like the 370Z at all in the photos Nissan first released. When I saw it in person, my mind was changed. Yeah, nothing can beat the classic Zs in terms of styling, but I think the 370Z turned out pretty well considering the limitations of modern cars - safety, expected amenities, platform shared with Infiniti G/FX.

You can see it side by side with a 240Z here.
http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/blog/20 ... ssan-370z/

Post subject: Re: Okay, your opinion...
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:43 am 

datsunfreak wrote:
DegreE wrote:
Since I work at Nissan and got the chance to be able to see the new 370z up close in person...

Then tell them to get cracking on a new 510... :P

I wish. lol If it were that easy, I would have told them to make the Altima Coupe rwd. And rename it a 250sx. (QR25DE)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:45 am 

DeRuX wrote:
I dont care about the Z shot me some good info on the cube and release dates.

All I know so far is that we're getting our first one in early-mid Spring 2009.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 10:55 pm 

burabuda wrote:

...all of these new nissans (or any other new car for that matter) are dreadful to drive, so it's a moot point

A man after my own heart. I cant stand driving modern cars, they just don't feel right. They are big, heavy, and numb. Heck even an early Miata feels this way.

As for the new Z, eh what ever. I bet its fast, but its nothing special. I'd rather have a 71 Skyline, or 240Z, or a 510. As for the new Skyline, thanks, I'd rather drive my 69 2L roadster. Yeah, I like old school.

Will

'87 BMW M3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 11, 2009 4:19 am 

We don't have them yet, but from pics i like better than the 350Z. They look far more aggressive than the 350z and with the wider guards, i think even just a decent set of wheels and tyres will make a mountain of difference.

I too prefer old school, but sales say otherwise. Generally speaking, we are creatures of comfort and have to have cruise/air con/good stereo/ in our cars. (Ducks to avoid thing being thrown at me). Many on here aren't one of those, but sales of all kinds of cars show we are the exception and not the rule. If I had one plus the cars I have in my garage, and wanted to go for a relaxing drive,I'd still take the roadster.

I've only seen stuff on forums and with the Zed clubs, and there seems to be a lot of good feedback on it. We have the launch in April so will have to wait and see.............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 5:34 pm 

i am surprised nissan cares what anybody thinks..they never sent the silvia over with sr20,they never gave us a skyline we can afford..and they certainly made the 350 and 370 z look weird and priced out of most peoples range...and when we do get a skyline we get 100,000 dollar supercar....anyway enuff complaining....the 350z handles really well i do
enjoy the powerplant..the styling to me is an accuired taste...so i imagine the 370z is probably faster and better handling have not seen one in person yet...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 4:40 am 

RAD2LTR wrote:
burabuda wrote:

...all of these new nissans (or any other new car for that matter) are dreadful to drive, so it's a moot point

A man after my own heart. I cant stand driving modern cars, they just don't feel right. They are big, heavy, and numb. Heck even an early Miata feels this way.

I totally disagree about the early Miata. After daily driving one for several months I can tell you that they are very responsive and not numb or heavy at all. It's very tossable and the motor just loves to rev all day long. Very much like the older Japanese cars from the 70s and 80s I used to own but with more power.

On to the new 370Z. Like most of you, I'm not a huge fan of the styling either. Of all the different cars on the market that are retro styled I feel that the Z could have pulled it off better than any of them all. BUT, I worked at a Nissan dealer when there was no Z for sale in the USA. Heck, we didn't even have a single two door car available in any platform. To see Nissan bring back the Z (first as the 350 and now as the 370) is good news. It's even better news that they are continuing to put money into development of the car to keep it selling. Lighter and smaller is always a good thing so maybe Nissan listened to our complaints about the 350Z and are trying to move the car in the right direction.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 11:54 am 
JNC Fanatic

burabuda wrote:
you should probably rephrase the question since success is usually judged by how many many units were sold plus factors like reliability, etc.

That's what I was gonna say.. how can you judge something to be a success, unless it's already been sold or have sales charts to know?

The question should have been "Do you think the 370Z will be a success?"

lol :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:21 pm 
JNC Fanatic

Not to offend or make enemies with ANY of you guys.. because having enemies on a board is no fun. LOL So I'll state my opinion on this topic..

"Everyone is saying how the 370Z should be like the 240Z, or the 350Z was ugly..... Man, there is NO satisfying some people. At least Nissan is TRYING, they brought back the RWD sports coupe to the Japanese manufacturers lineup, when no one had one. A market that was left vacant when the LAST of the older RWD Japanese sport coupes, the Supra, bowed out, around 98 in USA, if I'm not mistaken.

The 240Z would be obsolete in a world like today, heck the FWD Corolla XRS would put it to shame, in handling and acceleration. Don't shoot me.. I'm a giant Nissan and RWD fan. LOL :wink:

Anyways, the point is NO ONE is SATISFIED!! :roll: I hear it all the time. Why is the 350Z so heavy, why is the new GT-R this, why did they discontinue the MR2, The RX8 sucks because it's a 4 door, blah blah, WAH, boo hoo.....

A)One, if you didn't BUY or support the latest MR2(00-05), then you are just as guilty as a nonenthusiast of the car by not buying it.. hence it's demise.

B) At least Nissan HAS a RWD sport coupe(the Z is back) and at least they recognized the importance of the Skyline GT-R(the GT-R was retired.. but Carlos Ghosn LISTENED to the fans). All the R32, R33 and especially R34 fanboys need to stop whining.. the new GT-R would CLOBBER all 3 of those iterations, stock for stock. So it's a win win situation for us Nissan and Japanese supercar enthusiasts. IT'S BACK.. stop weeping!

3) As far as the RX8 goes... the Renesis is the most refined(although not the most powerful) rotary engine available.. heck, at least Mazda brought BACK a rotary sports car.. we haven't had one in the states since 95, we were OVERDUE. Also, SO it's a 4 door? Big deal??.. let's face it, coupes don't sell too well, because most car buyers are families with kids.. who wants to cram into a 2 door? Although, I wouldn't trade my 240sx or Trueno for an ugly SUV or minivan if you paid me. LOL :D

Think about it, at least Mazda and Nissan offer the Mazdaspeed 3, the MX-5 Miata, the RX8, the 350Z and 370Z, and the new GT-R, also the return of the Silvia is imminent, as well. At least we're not sucking ass like Toyota enthusiasts are.. NO RWD sports car or production car in its whole lineup.

SHIT, even Dodge brought back the Challenger ?? You mean to tell me Toyota can't manage a Supra or RWD Celica or any RWD coupe for that matter? :?

Just remember, the Japanese sports car market between 99-02.. WE DIDN'T HAVE ZILCH..... the credit goes to the 02 Subaru WRX, for making turbocharging and sport cars as a noticable market that is out there for the manufacturers.

That market is us( the Japanese car enthusiasts).

Anyways, that's just my 2 cents." LOL :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 11:06 am 
Administrator

KresSlyda180 wrote:
At least we're not sucking ass like Toyota enthusiasts are.. NO RWD sports car or production car in its whole lineup.

Good points all around, but this hurts. Oh well, the truth does sometimes. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 7:28 pm 

dont wanna hurt anybodys feelings huh? we are talking 370z not peice of garbage rx8...or mr 2 this is a nissan forum...i think everybody forgot one thing here you are asking guys what they think of a current vehicle when we are into oldschool cars...off the street the 370z is a excellent car..and like most nissans the styling grows on you...as for toyota not making a rwd sprts car you have hyundai bringing a silvia type copy..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:47 pm 
JNC Fanatic

2000gtx wrote:
dont wanna hurt anybodys feelings huh? we are talking 370z not peice of garbage rx8...or mr 2 this is a nissan forum...i think everybody forgot one thing here you are asking guys what they think of a current vehicle when we are into oldschool cars...off the street the 370z is a excellent car..and like most nissans the styling grows on you...as for toyota not making a rwd sprts car you have hyundai bringing a silvia type copy..
NAW? Really? Obviously this is an old school forum.. you gotta be ILLITERATE to join this site, if it were anything, otherwise.. it's in the name of the forum. :roll:

Also, my point is no one is satisfied, no matter what KIND of car. Oh yeah, the Genesis is in NO WAY, like a Silvia.. styling or marketing wise. The car it is poorly imitating and gunning for is another type of Nissan.. The USDM Infiniti G35/37 or JDM Skyline(non GTR). lol :wink:

Uh, what the heck does Hyundai coming out with the Silvia car, have to do with Toyota? :?

Last edited by KresSlyda180 on Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2009 8:54 pm 
JNC Fanatic

ben wrote:
KresSlyda180 wrote:
At least we're not sucking ass like Toyota enthusiasts are.. NO RWD sports car or production car in its whole lineup.

Good points all around, but this hurts. Oh well, the truth does sometimes. :lol:

No offense, ben, to you or any fellow Toyota lovers. LOL :) I include myself as one of those deprived Toyota fans.. in fact I own 2, my 90 Corolla SR5 and my 84 Cressida.

I think it's time Toyota uses the Listerine and the toothbrush.. because recently it has been sucking ALOTTA ass. LOL :D

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next