I got the beaver panel cleaned up and spent awhile straightening it as it had a fair few dints after I got all of the filler off..
Also got the parcel shelf and scuttle panel stripped.
I made up this repair piece for the scuttle panel and was all ready to do all of the rust repairs on the scuttle, beaver and parcel shelf but went to turn the welder on and was out of gas
It was getting low and I'd accidentally left it turned on all week so it was completely empty, being Sat lunchtime I couldn't really do much about it.
So seeing as though I couldn't weld anything I unpicked the brackets on the left side of the parcel shelf, they're a prick to get off with only 80mm spot weld bit, had to drill half them out on an angle.
I blasted the thicker bottom piece and made up a new top piece just like on the right hand side.
For anyone wanting to know how i made this bit up, all I used was basically pliers and a hammer and dolly as i don't have anything that can fold sheet metal.
First I just flattened out the old piece and marked it out on a new piece of steel.
Cut it out and drilled out the holes, remember only drill out the spot welds that you need to.
Then just scribed where I need to bend, bend the along the scribes with pliers and then straighten all of the folds up with a hammer and dolly.
As you can see, no special tools here, I've probably got one of the dodgiest setups around. I don't even have any bench space to work on, just my little stool and the ground
Forgot to take a pic of it finished but it looks good
And lastly, my coil over kit arrived