#
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:33 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]
 Post subject: Enkei Classic Series Wheels
PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 8:31 pm 

So, does anyone here have any experience with these wheels? I'm assuming they are cast and not forged considering the price but how about the quality? What makes them any better than any other cast wheels in the $600 range?

Post subject: Re: Enkei Classic Series Wheels
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:30 am 

A bit late to the thread but I did find this ---> http://www.inlinefour.com/enkei-classic-wheels.html
They tout some M.A.T. manufacturing process which apparently means the barrel is cast separately and the rim is rolled to improve strength.
I don't have alot of experience with aftermarket wheels, but running a set of their Racing Series (PF01SS) for the last couple years. The price vs. light weight and quality finish..."bang for the buck" has been great. I can't find the number right now, but FWIW they also had a helpful tech support line with reference material on proper off-set and tire sizing. :tu:

Post subject: Re: Enkei Classic Series Wheels
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:47 am 

Thanks, I really wish there where good metal results to compare the two, simply out of my own curiosity. Seems like with Enkei there's nothing that special to their cast wheel over any others except that they have slightly more rigorous testing. Reading about their MAT process (Most Advanced Technology) it seems like a lot of technical engineering jargon to explain that they made a thinner wheel, lighter, by removing metal.

I'm not knocking Enkei at all, so don't get me wrong. Would have loved to support Enkei but in the end they just didn't have wheels I liked in the size and offset I was looking for. Ended up pulling the trigger on a pair of Rota's.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 3 posts ]