#
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:52 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 66 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: 7T7 Repu - Build
PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:25 am 

Also got the fuel system done and started to wire the engine bay. Running 6 EV14’s 1000 CC injectors. Did I mention how much I hate wiring?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:37 pm 

Some more work to report. removed the engine and everything is out to get powder coated, heat coated and chromed.

Got the cross members sanded and painted.

Installed the coil bracket and coils.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:37 pm 

Got some wiring done, using black nylon braided wire wrap. First time using this stuff and it really makes for a clean install.

Lastly, went to the local race track as a spectator and saw this beauty in the in parking lot.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:57 am 

Got some work done over the weekend. I know it doesn’t look like much but I feel like a accomplished something. I got the bosch 044 pump installed with filter, return and feed lines. Also connected all wiring to the pump. Got the tranny tail shaft installed and sealed. Installed the water pump housing, water pump. Also, got some more wiring done but that is on hold until my new tool arrives tomorrow. Anyways, took some pics of the motor as it sits right now. I have to send the LIM out to coating as the inside face of the manifold looks like crap. Outside face is sexy that is why I took a picture of it. ahahahahahah anyways enjoy the pics.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:31 am 

Well it’s been a little more than 6 months and I have finally hit one of my milestones of the build. Yesterday I pressurized the fuel system and everything is leak free! It wasn’t without a lot of trouble shooting. First I could not figure out why my fuel pump was not turning on? Started at the pump and found no power. Checked the fuse and I had power. Something between the fuse and the pump was shorting….what I didn’t remember is that the pump runs from a hidden kill switch!!!! That took about an hour of troubleshooting. Once I turned on the switch, the pump pressurized and I had pressure. After a brief inspection I find a leak coming out of the top of the fuel tank….dropped the fuel tank and found the return hose to be broken.

That fixed and pressurized the system and hoary!!! No leaks!

Also installed the oil cooler and oil cooler lines. Installed radiator and fan. Went to install the starter and found that Autozone had ordered me the wrong one! Back to the drawing board on that one. Just waiting on my spark plugs, an injector clip and my MSD wires to arrive, all of which should be by the end of the week. Lastly, I didn’t like how the velocity stacks came out. The inside was not polished. I decided to have the inside anodized in blue like the pulleys and leave the outside chrome….lets wee what that looks like????? In the meantime, this is how I left the engine last night.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:11 pm 

I love this build! I've read this build time and time again but please rehost your pictures from the engine swap. We all really want to see how it's going. Keep it up this is awesome.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 4 of 4   [ 66 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4