#
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 8:16 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 66 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: 7T7 Repu - Build
PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:48 am 

The S4 original tranny mount was modified to fit the TII Tranny and a new cross member was made

Here is the tail shaft mod….there is a really good video on youtube that was done by one of the members here on how to modify the tail shaft…really informative vid.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:49 am 

While the truck is away at the welders…I was able to send some parts out to the powder coater to get coated

Lastly, some work was done removing the old motor mounts and cleaning up the old cross member. The drag link will most likely stay in its place in lieu of modifying it, I will have the oi pan modified to fit around the drag link.
Hopefully in the next couple of weeks the welder can fabricate the motor mounts. I’m thinking of doing an H-Frame similar to the one for the FD? We’ll see what the next couple of weeks holds.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 11:50 am 

Made some progress in the last couple of days. Decided not modify the drag link so the oil pan was modified to clear the drag link. It looks a lot closer in the pics than it really is, plus the motor is not in its final resting point. Motor should come up another ½” to ¾”

Due to the drag link, motor mounts and header it was next to impossible to install the motor mounts in the rear of the motor as originally intended (At least I could not figure it out). So I sourced a GSLSE front cover from a good buddy of mine and swapped it out for the 20B cover. The front cover was free as I kidnapped his oil cooler and kept it for ransom.

Only problem with the front cover is that it projects out further than the 20B front cover. It’s a good 1” to 1-1/2” longer. Looks like the front of the oil pan will require modification. Now only thing left to complete is new motor mount brackets in the front and re-install everything. Then I can start exhaust and intake manifolds

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 12:03 pm 

The front cross member has been boxed for rigidity and that the new center cross member has also been welded in lieu of having a mechanical connection. I thought the welded connection would be much stronger and not have a chance to come loose with prolonged vibrations.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 7:46 am 

Awesome

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:01 am 

Ok so the motor mounts are done and the motor and tranny are finally secured to the REPU and in their final position. As stated before the oil pan had to be modified. Took a GSLSE oil pan and mated it to the 20B oil pan.

The shifter hole is also complete and now resides approximately 4” further back the original location

PostPosted: Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:01 am 

Here are some pics of the motor mounts, ignore the square tubing below the Rotary Works motor mount bracket…..its just temporary to get the right height of the motor.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 07, 2013 5:17 am 

Some progress to report…not much progress but some. Hopefully next week, I can get the truck back, mock everything up and send out the parts to power coating. Had a 3 to one collector made for the exhaust. Due to the REPU crossmember I thought it would be better to have it made flat rather than the typical stacked collectors.

Also made some progress on the intake manifold. The ITB’s will sit at approximately 30 degree angle.

As I have more progress I will update the thread, for now this is all I have.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 6:17 am 

Intake is complete and mocked up. Radiator supports complete. Monday will begin the header fabrication.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 1:21 pm 

This build was tuff before, now it's just crazy!! I really like this. Keep up the amazing work. 20b REPU holey moley. :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:56 pm 

thanks for the compliments guys......Header is done all the way to the collector. Came out better than expected. I will let the pictures speak for themselves. Exhaust should be done today.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 29, 2013 7:17 am 

Such a Beautiful Truck!!!! I Love the REPU's glad to see this ones getting all the right attention! keep up the good hard work!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:09 pm 

89Rotary wrote:
Such a Beautiful Truck!!!! I Love the REPU's glad to see this ones getting all the right attention! keep up the good hard work!

thanks...got some work done on her this weekend.

Exhaust is also done

Also got some work done over the weekend on her. Got a list of all the fuel lines and fittings required and also mocked up the coils. Coil mounting bracket will require modification

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 8:16 pm 

Location: Tucsan AZ / Davis-Monthan AFB / St.Croix Virgin Islands
Question for the owner and any other personnel that have had work like this done before.
How much does this kind of work cost? I'm assuming this kind of work is not for the average income person like myself (military salary) one income home for now lol?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 02, 2013 10:12 pm 

zionfarm wrote:
Question for the owner and any other personnel that have had work like this done before.
How much does this kind of work cost? I'm assuming this kind of work is not for the average income person like myself (military salary) one income home for now lol?

There's an old saying, "If you have to ask how much, then you can't afford it!" :twisted:

If you are handy on the spanners and fabrication side, then you can save a bucket load of cash.
Labor on a job like this is the killer.

20B Motor - approx $5000
Rebuild - seals only approx $3000
Fuel Injection, Computer, Fuel system - approx $4500
Exhaust - approx $1500
Sundries - approx $3000
Labor - dont ask!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:55 am 

philip wrote:
zionfarm wrote:

There's an old saying, "If you have to ask how much, then you can't afford it!" :twisted:

If you are handy on the spanners and fabrication side, then you can save a bucket load of cash.
Labor on a job like this is the killer.

20B Motor - approx $5000
Rebuild - seals only approx $3000
Fuel Injection, Computer, Fuel system - approx $4500
Exhaust - approx $1500
Sundries - approx $3000
Labor - dont ask!

i agree, you have to try and do most if not all of the work yourself. if not, it will break your bank account.

zionfarm wrote:

Its not cheap but everything can be done with a bit of time and effort.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:09 pm 

This thread is amazing. You've got a heck of a truck and I can't wait to see more.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:03 pm 

Cannot wait to hear this bad boy start up!!!!!!!!! :twisted:
There is nothing like the sound of a 20B - short of a quad rotor! :D

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:56 pm 

I am patient and waiting for the video with certainly one of the most beautiful sound you can have on a pick-up. Very nice.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:25 am 

Richard wrote:
I am patient and waiting for the video with certainly one of the most beautiful sound you can have on a pick-up. Very nice.

thanks

Man I can honestly say I have not done much to the truck. I had so much free time during Dec and Jan and chose to lay on my ass and do nothing. I have been inspired the last week or so and thought I would post and update. I know it doesn’t look like much but I am starting to see the finish line, very vaguely, but I am starting to see it nonetheless.

Previous coils and coil bracket did not work out so I had to ditch that thought. Fabricated a new coil bracket and got new coils. Friend of mine told me the MSD coils that I had would not work with my computer. Did some reading and found out he is right and proceeded the get new ones.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 66 posts ]
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next