#
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 11:10 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: Taking a trip to japan in October. Looking for Locals :)
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 6:25 pm 

Hey everyone,
My wife, a friend, and I will be taking a trip to Japan in October. So far our scheduled stops are Ebisu to hopefully drive at that track and Maze sea circuit to watch the d1sl event there. Aaron Losey is the friend going with us and he actually has his d1 lic from the d1usa series. We were even contemplating him entering the event for fun if we could find a car.

Anyway, we want to have an adventure of it and are planning on buying a car over there to drive around. We have looked into the pros and cons of it and are still making the choice but for now we are looking for a car to drive. Would prefer something that we could drive at the track like a chaser/skyline/silvia/etc. Any help on that would be greatly appreciated. Doesnt have to be nice. Just a good runner :)

I have navigated yahoo japan auctions a little and found a couple interesting cars. As well as craigslist tokyo. I can tell that the craigslist site isnt really for locals so much as foreigners. Is there a classified site that japanese people actually use to sell vehicles? I found a four door dr30 that is screaming buy me lol

Another question is rules for ''shaken'' which im assuming is registration over there. How long after you purchase a car do you have to get it registered? We will only be in country for a couple weeks so if there was a grace period and I didnt have to take care of it that would be great. Any links to the laws/rules would be awesome.

Also, anyone over there that would be willing to help us out with anything would be greatly appreciated. We would love to get to know some people in the area besides the couple we already know from drifting here and there.

Post subject: Re: Taking a trip to japan in October. Looking for Locals :)
PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:00 pm 

If you want message me with questions i spent 6 years in Japan and can share alot of my knowledge with you and probably get all your questions answered i know alot of people that lived there because of military

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 8:13 pm 

Thank you very much. I will shoot you a pm now :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 10:05 am 

I hope you all have started taking iodine tablets to combat all that radiation you'll be exposed too

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 5:13 pm 

lmao, i hope you're joking ^^...i live here as well for 3 years now. hit me up if you need any info

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:03 pm 

We are on our way to Kyoto from Nagoya on a shikansen at the moment. So far Japan has been great. We accidentally found a car show down at diver city. There was a good amount of really awesome jtin there.
Sunday we are headed to meihan sportsland to drive with d1gp driver masashi yokoi. It was really awesome to get an invite from him.
This place is beautiful and there are so many nice cars here :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:34 am 

Was there something on in that huge parking lot next to Diver City?

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]