#
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 7:03 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: 81' TE72 Liftback
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:07 pm 

I already posted pics of my baby(La Chilla)but she has come a long way since. So here is how she looks now, with new wheels, tires, custom full exhaust, front Air Dam, rear lip, new dash, LED turn signals, new headlighs w/6000K HID's, side rear view mirrors, wood steering wheel & shift knob, complete sound system, Yakima Rack, and tint. I first got 13x7 Retro VTO's w/ Sumitomos 215/50 R13's, but then I came across some 14x6 Dyna Lite's Tom's Igetta's Reps. and I had to have them, I wraped then in Toyo Proxes 195/45 R14's and that's how it's sitting on now. I can't deside which looks better. I started to do it oldschool Boricua style with the 13's but I kinda like the oldschool JDM style as well. What you guys think?

First here is a comparison of the car with the 2 different wheels side by side.

with 13x7 Retro VTO's 215/50 R13

with 14x6 Dyna Lite's Tom's Igetta's Reps.

Here is how she looks now..

Post subject: Re: 81' TE72 Liftback
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:15 pm 

Nice liftback! :D

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 9:07 pm 

Interesting color. Goes well with the car.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:08 pm 

Very cool... 8) These Liftbacks definitely seem to appeal more and more.
Personally I'd stick with the 13" VTO's, but then I'm a hardcore-classic-retro-look-lover! :oops: :P
Don't really get the whole roof rack trend - never have. It only spoils an otherwise clean design - at least in my opinion. Of course if you actually use the roof rack on a regular basis, then that's a different matter... :wink:
But I'm really being nit-picky here. Super clean ride that you should be proud of...

Best Regards,
Anders.

JDM '77 Toyota Trueno Sprinter 1600GT (TE61)
+ a handful of classic BMW's from the 60's and 70's.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:23 am 

loved your LB!
I agree with the opinion about those roof rack, (I like to see in some E7 Vans, but the traditional "metallic basket" roof rack type), but the only thing I really dislike in your car are the leds ...

I loved the small spoiler and the lip! where did you get that lip?

The rims, it's no easy choice ... firstly like to see the 13 "because the width (7J) fills the wheel arch, on the other hand, I like most the design of the 14" but not wide enough

if 14 "are bi / tripartite you can always change them 7 or 8J

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:11 pm 

Thanks guys...

@ 02Anders and CCoelhone, I like the roof rack cus it makes it look more sporty, but I also do use it to carry my 80's oldschool Dimondback BMX bike that I use to get around at the car shows and meets. Believe it or not it's one of the things ppl like about the whole car! lol...

As for the wheels I'm just keeping both sets and just change them out when ever I feel I need a change. I also have another new set of Toyo Proxes R888 225/45 13 with a set of Rotas RB 13x8 +4 offset but I haven't put them on because I think am going to need to install fender flares and not sure that I want to, so for now they sit. CCoelhone, not sure what you mean by " bi / tripartite" they are 2pcs wheels, and you are right they are not wide enough, I wished the were 7" and with a wider lip, but it is what it is.. I was thinking of getting some wheel spacers with the studs and do 3/4" on back and 1/2" in front that should make them look more flush and give the illusion of being wider. CCoelhone which "lip" are you referring to?

Anyways thanks to all for the props I appreciated!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 4:12 pm 

nice looking liftback.....

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:31 pm 

Nice liftback. What are both the lips from? What muffler do you have its seams like it tucks nice and out of the way.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 4:10 pm 

Shane wrote:
Nice liftback. What are both the lips from? What muffler do you have its seams like it tucks nice and out of the way.

The front lip is from a 83-93 S-10 I paid $26.00 +FREE Shipping for mine on ebay, there is some minor modification you need to do so that it will fit, but for the most part is like it was almost made for it! Here is the link of the seller I bought it from:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/400380335193?ss ... 1423.l2649
The trunk lip is actually a roof wing for a 20014 Accord $26.00 I also found on eBay. It was short so I asked the seller if he could do custom sizes and he said yes, so I sent him my measurements and he sent me one, it was a perfect fit. He asked me what it was going to be on so that he could make a listing for it. Here it is: http://www.ebay.com/itm/151115992595?ss ... 1497.l2649 If you buy one make sure you measure your car first and send him the measurements.

The exhaust is a Dolphin Style 3"inlet/4" tip, and yes I got it because I new it would tuck in and look better than the regular magnaflow muffler. It also looks more race and sounds more throaty. I bought 3 of them because that's all they had in stock and I was told they were not making anymore. If you are interested I can sell you one. the one's I have are fully polished w/ burnt tip as seen in the pics below. I get lots of props for this exhaust and no one I know or seen has one of these.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:54 pm 

I was looking at those stick on bmw m3 style rear spoilers on ebay and was thinking about getting one, but I want some thing higher. How tall is the rear spoiler? How loud is that muffler? I think it will be to loud on my car.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 04, 2013 8:50 pm 

Shane wrote:
I was looking at those stick on bmw m3 style rear spoilers on ebay and was thinking about getting one, but I want some thing higher. How tall is the rear spoiler? How loud is that muffler? I think it will be to loud on my car.

It's not that tall maybe about 11/4"+1.5" I wanted something subtle. As for how loud is the muffler? how can I possibly describe you how loud it is?? it's louder than the magna-flow I had on it before, more throaty. How ever you can always have a resonator installed if it's to loud. I'll try to make a video of it and see if I can post it. It also depends on what are you running, same exhaust will sound different if you have a 3tc with stock manifold or with headers, headers will sound louder, or type of carburetor (s), in my case I have a Hollie 500 2bbl, 290 cam, and OBX headers. A complete stock 3tc won't be as loud as mine.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 4:21 am 

It's not that tall maybe about 11/4"+1.5" I wanted something subtle. As for how loud is the muffler? how can I possibly describe you how loud it is?? it's louder than the magna-flow I had on it before, more throaty. How ever you can always have a resonator installed if it's to loud. I'll try to make a video of it and see if I can post it. It also depends on what are you running, same exhaust will sound different if you have a 3tc with stock manifold or with headers, headers will sound louder, or type of carburetor (s), in my case I have a Hollie 500 2bbl, 290 cam, and OBX headers. A complete stock 3tc won't be as loud as mine.[/quote]

You are right lots of variables when it comes to the sound of mufflers. Heck I'm not running a 3tc and thats why I think it will be to loud for my car. I got to be under 90db. I was kinda hoping that the muffler was a oval type with a cool tip. It seams like it might not be as loud as I feared https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNHTcRwYp8I

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 1:08 pm 

You are right lots of variables when it comes to the sound of mufflers. Heck I'm not running a 3tc and thats why I think it will be to loud for my car. I got to be under 90db. I was kinda hoping that the muffler was a oval type with a cool tip. It seams like it might not be as loud as I feared https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NNHTcRwYp8I[/quote]

Yep that was the same vid I saw before I bought them, and is the same muffler from the same company. You can check with them maybe they have more instock but when I bought mine they said they only had 3 left and that their manufacture that made them wasn't going to make any more, so I bought all three..lol for future builds.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 05, 2013 2:09 pm 

I want a muffler but It a long way away from that point as I just started to swap motors and dont have the cash for a muffler yet.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]