#
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 11:20 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: What else do you collect?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:24 pm 

Hi all, so I just thought about the other things we collect whilst still having a great love for the JNC's.

I've seen the uber cool portable TV collection thread and even the cassette tapes kicking on here. Many of us have a little side hobby or two and the following is some of mine, because we all love toys!!!

I love LEGO. I have since I was a kid. I still have my complete Pirate ships collection from as far back as 1990 (yes, i'm nearly 30). I started collecting again in 2010 when a friend of mine brought some old catalogues to work one day and started talking about our childhood years filled with little plastic bricks.

This is my office as of a few months ago... Not much different these days, just messier!

I also started keeping all of the boxes from each new set I bought...

On the top shelf, you can see my old Pirate ships... I even kept the original instructions!

For one birthday, my lovely fiance splashed out on some Marvel/DC Comics sets! Yeah, Batman!!!

I love LEGO so much, that when completing my study for graphic design, I tried to incorporate it as much as possible into my assessments...

Here is a story book I had to make. It needed to be an ABC book with a word for each letter of the alphabet linking together to create some sort of story. The subject was photography...

I needed to get the book professionally printed to pass the assessment. You can get the book here http://blur.by/19KY9SF but I apologise in advance, it's a little pricey due to the hard cover, etc. I have created an eBook too which is free! Check it out.

Here are some more little builds I have done in the past...

Workshop, with rollcab & hoist, etc...

Bumblebee (my version) - does not transform...

Landrover Defender 90 I made as a gift for my friend mentioned above....

Now I'm not saying I'm the best LEGO builder on here or even in my part of town (there is so much cool stuff out there), but I wonder if any of you have a big plastic tub full of bricks from your childhood, (or even a pillowcase full as some would confess to). I love to build and recently just scored more sets for some design work for one of my sisters - Yay for the Barter system!

So post up your finds/collections/sets!

Post subject: Re: What else do you collect?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:03 pm 

I know that Hot Wheels/Diecast/Matchbox will be a very popular collective amoungst car heads, and please share your collection with us, but I have a few more toys I want to share first...

NERF... My friends and I bought a collection each for a bucks party and ended up keeping them after the party, because they are so much fun!

The next toy collection/hobby is my HPI e10 RC drift car. Such a fun time! I have also dressed it with some of my favourite Toyota bodies; AE86 Trueno (came with kit), Lexus IS-F GT racing body, and JZX100 Weld edition.

Some photos...

Enjoy.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:16 am 

I race large scale (1:5) offroad RC and have a few other smaller scales also. But collection wise it's sneakers, watches and knives.

2 x N360 restoration projects

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:05 pm 

Wow, Bennyd that is a large scale for RC! You'd almost need a van if you had more than one... Nevertheles, RC is FUN!

There is a local outdoor track in my area that is pretty cool

...but the best place for my low powered Electric 4WD drifter is underground carparks with polished concrete floors!
(not my cars, just a nice image)

Sorry for my shitty phone pics everyone in the posts above. Please post up your pics if you have 'em.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 10:34 pm 

I collect die cast cars and Schwinn Sting-Ray bicycles.

72-87 Civic
84-87 CRX
86-89 Integra
79-87 Prelude
76-89 Accord

Parts, cars, collectibles and more!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:00 pm 

Cool! Got any pics of both?

This is great!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 29, 2014 11:24 pm 
JNC Enthusiast

I get obsessed with hobbies easily, so I start lots of collections; however, my wife didn't take long to wise up to it, lol. So generally when I get obsessed with a hobby, I'll sell off a previous collection to find it. Some of the more recent were: s13's (had around 16+ before moving on, still like them though!), Honda Sprees (still have 4), banjos (still have 2), paintball guns (specifically Kingmans), vintage military camo, backpacks, vintage wheels, vintage quad skates and parts (most recently, my wife does roller derby and I like tinkering wth stuff, so I've been buying up vintage skates and parts). Not really any rhyme or reason to any of it, lol.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 30, 2014 4:01 am 

Holy Cow! 16+ S13's. What kind of storage space have you got going on? Must be a nice big shed somewhere...

I find that my hobbies go into dormant modes for a while (at least these days anyway) and then something will spark my interest and get me back into gear. I guess that's why they call them hobbies...

Sometimes I think about selling stuff to fund other things, but I can never really bring myself to it. I mean, I think my kids (I don't have any yet) will thank me for it one day. It was great when dad & I used to build the Scalextric track every few years. That thing would still be kicking around somewhere and would have to be at least 5 years older than me... I'm 29. I must try and find it next time I'm at the folks house...

My main focus is the Lego collection I am building (no pun intended) at the moment. It's really accessible as a hobby, but can still be a little hard on the wallet. Lego is not cheap these days!

I'm REALLY looking forward to the Lego Movie coming out!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:28 am 

Rc drifting, 1/24 scale j-tin plastics, 1/18 j-tin die-cast, 1/43 j-tin die-cast, Always looking out for neat japanese cars around our area to buy and sell. Japanese car parts (performance and OEM)

Heres pics of my rc corolla

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 1:04 pm 

Oh wow! I love your KE70 RC!!! Can I ask where you bought that shell? And what base is it on (HPI, Tamiya, etc)???
I love it, everything from the choice of wheels, to the fender mirrors and the crazy pipes on the chaser too!
Tell me more...

PostPosted: Thu Feb 06, 2014 8:30 pm 

1/24 Japanese model car kits, random Datsun emblems I'll probably never use, 50s/60s jazz on vinyl (mostly Miles Davis, John Coltrane, etc), obsolete early 20th century mechanic's tools, and my biggest collection right now is mid-20th century 620 cameras (Kodak Brownies, Argus TLRs, etc)...

So yeah, a few collection obsessions... :P

PostPosted: Fri Feb 07, 2014 12:40 am 

4doors wrote:
Oh wow! I love your KE70 RC!!! Can I ask where you bought that shell? And what base is it on (HPI, Tamiya, etc)???
I love it, everything from the choice of wheels, to the fender mirrors and the crazy pipes on the chaser too!
Tell me more...

Thank You :oops:
I bought it from a guy who is our local importer.he gets all these pandora bodies.

It's based on a TT01 tamiya.

Chaser is my team mates Devil drift... I need to get you guys some tandem pics. But i am not that good to take pics while drifting :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:05 am 

I'm a LEGO freak! :mrgreen:

So far I build more JNCs that buying the real things.
A few cars I've built:
Hachi & Levin by ChrisR18t, on Flickr

A bit of Bosozoku:
Bosozoku/Kaido racer by ChrisR18t, on Flickr

my fleet of RWBs:
The RWB Family by ChrisR18t, on Flickr
:D

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:35 pm 

Hello!!!
Seeing Lego on this page makes me very happy.

Chris18t, that Bosozoku is top notch! I love them all.

Keep the pics coming guys and gals!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]