#
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:34 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Hello from Germany
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 3:42 pm 

Hi,
my name is Alex and I live in Frankfurt / Germany.
I own a 1980 Toyota Celica Coupe in stock condition which I use to drive when the weather is fine and a project car that I'd like to drive on track (if it will ever be finished).

Because there are no modifications planned about the red one, I can give a short introduction here. (The project car will be shown in the Toyota Garage section when it's about time).

This is my 1980 Toyota Celica ST. Unlike in the US, the ST version was the mid-sized model with 86 DIN-PS. It has a 5-speed gear box and a 2T-B engine with 1600ccm and a double carburetor.

Is has been kept absolutely stock and running by an old lady for about 30 years and I will try to continue her work.
It's tempting to do modifications, so I got a clean shell without engine, without gearbox and without interiour for goofing around and making it the project the Red One won't be.
Hopefully, there will be some news in the Toyota Garage about this one soon.

Let's continue with a short introduction about what else is happening around here, concerning old Japanese cars.
There's a small local scene of people who own some vintage cars like Starlets, Tercels and various generations of Corollas. Mostly Toyotas, but we always got our eyes open for other Japanese makes and the enthusiasts dealing with them.
Once a year the NIPPON CLASSICS MEETING in Gießen / Germany features a fine selection of all Japanese makes.

Next time will be on May 28th 2014. All friends who want to join in are invited to come around. If you own a Japanese Car whose production started before 1990, bring it along. Hotel rooms can be organized by the locals, get in touch if interested.

Another hilarious meeting is the INTERNATIONAL TOYOTA MEETING in Gemert, Holland, organized by various Dutch Toyota Clubs. It's pretty huge and features about 300 cars in 2 days every year.

This picture shows my Celica surrounded by E5 Corollas in Gemert 2012

So far about me and about what's going on over here in 2013 with Japanese cars.
I hope I will see interesting projects on this board , maybe get some technical support if needed and trade parts and stuff around the world (wantlist will be posted soon :))

Post subject: Re: Hello from Germany
PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 10:00 pm 

Nice looking Celica! Iv been to frankfurt and southern germany, and man are the roads beautiful there. So jealous you guys can enjoy roads like them.

Classic JDM Shop in FL ideas
http://www.rx7club.com/old-school-other-rotary-63/future-old-school-japanese-import-shop-1016917/

PostPosted: Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:40 am 

Welcome Alex :D

'85 Honda Civic Gold DX with Brown Top
'79 Mitsubishi Celeste GSR
'78 Mitsubishi Sigma GE
'74 Datsun Laurel

PostPosted: Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:43 pm 

Hi Alex, you have a very nice looking Celica! Is that a TRD badge on the B pillar?

Also, the NIPPON CLASSICS MEETING in Gießen looks like a fun event. Is it in a carpark or one of the floors of an office building? It looks so clean!

Do you have any more pics of that KE70 wagon Service Car?

I'm guessing your project car the same model as your red one?

Welcome to JNC and I can't wait to hear more about your cars and shows.

Andy

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:12 am 

Thanks for the nice welcome, guys!

To answer your questions, 4doors:

The badge on the b-pillar says just "Celica". But it looks like something different on the photo, I never noticed before. I think there was no racing b-pillar trim back then :wink:

The NIPPON CLASSICS MEETING is in the "Sammler und Hobbywelt", a kind of museum, in which lots of collections are displayed:
http://www.suhw.eu/index.php?id=sammlerwelt&no_cache=1
It's an amazing place featuring collections of puppets, model cars, model trains, vintage shop interiours, all kinds of imaginable toys and some helicopters and airplanes in the yard.
Once a year they provide the ground floor for the meeting.

The service car is a 1983 Starlet KP60 station wagon. This is a folder with lots of pictures taken by my friend Alex Hajek on the Gemert Meeting this year, the Starlet can be seen on some pics too:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/photos/1109 ... 1912337937

The project car is the same model as the red one, yes. But it's nothing more but a shell yet and I won't be able to work on it during winter. At the moment I'm breaking a rotten '80 Celica for parts and when this is done the work on the project car can begin.

Thanks for your kind interest in what we are doing over here. Really didn't expect this. :D

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:10 pm 

Wow! I've never seen a Starlet wagon before. That's awesome. We never got the same wagon love down under as Europe.

thanks for the folder share. Looks like a good turn out for Toyota lovers. i love the white walls and baby moons on that Red Startlet!

Again, thanks for the insight into Toyota enthusiasts in Germany. That Starlet wagon might be my new inspiration for my upcoming project. I love the workshop/pit support cars of years gone by, especially if its JNC!

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]