#
It is currently Mon Jul 28, 2014 6:06 am

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: HAPPY GUY ! My 1970 Mazda Cosmo Sport 110S
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:49 pm 

Hello rotaryfans :wink:

To get a very long story, short, I will tell you guys a little about my purchase of my Cosmo Sport. In December 2012, I got to know about a Cosmo for sale i the UK ! unfortunately I got more and more convinced a bigger engine problem (rebuild) would come within short with that Cosmo and I was really not up to that at the moment (so the car is still for sale if anyone is interested !) anyway, out of pure luck I got to know about another Cosmo on it's way from Japan to the UK and I therefore contacted the shop who would have it ! as things went, I can now think back and say I am a little glad that the first Cosmo, turned out to be in need for a rebuild so I did not buy that, because this Cosmo that I ended up buying is in MUCH better codition overall :lol: from a scale from 1-10 this is a 9 ! whereas the first Cosmo was a 6 I would say. It had a totally restoration inside and out and the engine has been newly rebuild in Japan and running smoothly 8) WOW. It is totally original, exept the steeringwheel I guess ? someone who knows where that steeringwheel could be from ? I will post some pic's of my new dreamcar and hope you enjoy it :wink:

Rene
DENMARK

Post subject: Re: HAPPY GUY ! My 1970 Mazda Cosmo Sport 110S
PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:51 pm 

Hmmmm, I try to post pictures, but keep getting this massage "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." what am I doing wrong ?

Rene
DENMARK

PostPosted: Tue Sep 24, 2013 5:54 pm 

Try making a photobucket account, that way you can just post links to the images. Can't wait to see it!!!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:18 am 

:wink: Hello RX-2Fan,

Hmmm, I really do not know how to do that ?? I am NO big computer expert :roll: can you guide me maybe ?

Rene
DENMARK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 2:49 am 

RestoreMaz wrote:
i use image shack, and select the size for message boards and forums. if you cant do it, email the pictures and i will post them up for you. restoremaz@optusnet.com.au

I think I have made a webphoto account now :lol: hope it works ! ENJOY

https://picasaweb.google.com/1018851691 ... 8tb6wvWZXA

Rene
DENMARK

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 4:41 am 

Oh aewsome it did sell. I saw it come up on ebay a couple of times. Way out of my price range but still hoped it would find a loving home with a serious collector.
Great buy!

'85 Honda Civic Gold DX with Brown Top
'79 Mitsubishi Celeste GSR
'78 Mitsubishi Sigma GE
'74 Datsun Laurel

PostPosted: Wed Sep 25, 2013 11:48 pm 

Hi Rene,

Good to see another Dane here on JNC... :wink:
- Hvor I DK bor du?

What a stunning piece of machinery!
Just how good does this look...?? 8)

Love those checkered seats too...
Surely this must be the only Cosmo Sport in Denmark?
What are your plans with it? Hopefully drive it pleanty. The Danish classic car scene needs more exposure to J-tin... :wink:

Best Regards,
Anders.

JDM '77 Toyota Trueno Sprinter 1600GT (TE61)
+ a handful of classic BMW's from the 60's and 70's.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:59 pm 

drive-by wrote:
Oh aewsome it did sell. I saw it come up on ebay a couple of times. Way out of my price range but still hoped it would find a loving home with a serious collector.
Great buy!

Hello drive-by :wink:

This is NOT that Cosmo that was up on ebay, that was the one I was looking at in December 2012, but turned away from due to engine problems :roll: the one I ended up buying, was listed on a classic car shop http://www.mikeabbasclassiccars.co.uk/ and actually they have just sold one more (silver) great shop and great service, can recommend them :D

Rene

PostPosted: Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:08 pm 

02Anders wrote:
Hi Rene,

Good to see another Dane here on JNC... :wink:
- Hvor I DK bor du?

What a stunning piece of machinery!
Just how good does this look...?? 8)

Love those checkered seats too...
Surely this must be the only Cosmo Sport in Denmark?
What are your plans with it? Hopefully drive it pleanty. The Danish classic car scene needs more exposure to J-tin... :wink:

Hey Anders :wink:

Funny to see another Dane in here ! yes, it is truely stunning and drives fantastic too :) yes, this is with no doubt the first Cosmo Sport on Danish numberplates (got it Monday) and I have allready driven it a couple of times since then and this week-end I am going to "Jyllandsringen" (a danish racetrack) to meet with the RX Club DK and show it to them for the first time ! of course I will drive it as much as possible, it will NOT be a garage queen 8)

Rene
DENMARK

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:34 am 

Good to hear you're driving and enjoying her Rene!! :D
Have fun at Jyllandsringen. I bet your mates in RX Club DK well be more than a little impressed...

I would love to see this beauty in the flesh one day when I'm back visiting Denmark.
I usually visit family in Soroe and Herning when I'm home. Where abouts are you??

Best Regards,
Anders.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 6:24 am 

Wonderful car. Enjoy it!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:11 pm 

xs10shl wrote:
Wonderful car. Enjoy it!

Thank's xs10shl, I will :wink:

Rene

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 2:16 pm 

02Anders wrote:
Good to hear you're driving and enjoying her Rene!! :D
Have fun at Jyllandsringen. I bet your mates in RX Club DK well be more than a little impressed...

I would love to see this beauty in the flesh one day when I'm back visiting Denmark.
I usually visit family in Soroe and Herning when I'm home. Where abouts are you??
ej

Hey Anders :wink:

We had a fantastic event at the "Jyllandsring" this weekend and do you think the Cosmo caused a stir he he, I am now the star in the club :mrgreen: you are welcome to visit me when you are in DK sometime, I am located in nordsjælland near Slangerup, just write here on this forum when you are here and I will contact you.

Rene

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:54 pm 

Well with a car like that you damned well deserve to be the star of the meet too!!
I'm sadly not back in Denmark all that often, but possibly around Easter and if not then definitely for a bit of summer vacation in July or August. Would be cool to meet up... :wink:

Best Regards,
Anders.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:24 pm 

Ah, that's near one of my all-time favorite towns, Old Beer Piece.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 1:16 pm 

Hello rotorheads :wink:

Ahhhh, life is good with a Cosmo Sport ! last weekend i was at a meeting with the Mazda RX Club DK, no one new anything about my newly bought Cosmo Sport, so it would be presented to the other members there, for the first time :mrgreen: of course everyone was exited and could not belive it when they saw one live ! we were invited to meet at one of only two racetracks here in Denmark, the "Jyllandsringen" and we allso got driving at the track, so spectators could see all the nice Mazda RX etc. I was "the leader" at the track as the Cosmo was the star of the show :D trust me, you can not drive this car without getting a lot of positive comments from people. I have bought a very nice R100 steering wheel for the Cosmo (on it's way from Australia) I know it is not the original wheel, but it is as close as it can be I think :wink: some more pic's here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/1018851691 ... Iqm64jmiwE

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:16 am 

Hello rotorfreinds :wink:

Ok, so I have a question about cooling fluid for my Cosmo ! I will change the fluid to Evans, but I am not sure about which product to use :roll: I see they have Classic cool 180, but they allso got powercool 180, which should be good for engines with lot's of aluminium in it ! so, I was thinking how much is aluminium in the Cosmo Sport engine ? what would you guys think ? tanks in advance.

Rene
DENMARK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 2:21 pm 

I can help with cooling adivce sorry, but I just wanted to say how beautiful your car is. Like most Rotary lovers I dream about seeing one of these and maybe even getting to touch one! They are a rare sight indeed and the only ones I know of here in NZ are non runners in need of full resterations, so it will be a while before i get to see one leading a Rotary cruise.

Enjoy your car, and feel free to add as many pictures up as you like for us all to enjoy!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 17, 2013 7:16 am 

The whole motor in a Cosmo is aluminum, its the only rotary in Mazda's history that went into production with Aluminum side plates and housings. Careful with the evans stuff, its great but there can be no coolant or water in the system when you replace it with evans, its not easy to empty the motor completely because it tends to accumulate in certain spots. Also give this a read

http://www.rx8club.com/series-i-tech-ga ... ne-238638/

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:16 pm 

RX-2Fan wrote:
The whole motor in a Cosmo is aluminum, its the only rotary in Mazda's history that went into production with Aluminum side plates and housings. Careful with the evans stuff, its great but there can be no coolant or water in the system when you replace it with evans, its not easy to empty the motor completely because it tends to accumulate in certain spots. Also give this a read

http://www.rx8club.com/series-i-tech-ga ... ne-238638/

Hi RX-2Fan :wink:

Thank's for your reply ! yes, I have found out the whole motor in the Cosmo Sport is uniqe, in that it is all aluminium 8) allso, the Evans stuff is soooo expensive that I have decided to use Mazda original cooling liquid or Ford (same), as it is now the cooling liquid is green, I do not know what that means ? I still have a lot to learn about the Cosmo, thats for sure :)

Rene
DENMARK

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next