#
It is currently Thu Aug 21, 2014 7:11 pm

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: MA61 Owner From Sacramento, CA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:54 pm 

Hello everyone! I've known about this forum for a while now, and decided it was finally time to join. I am currently the proud owner of an 83 Toyota Celica Supra P-type. It's my first car and I love it to death. When I was looking for my first car I was trollin craigslist, and stumbled upon the ad for this car. The only pic was a small shot of the passenger side profile, but I instantly knew I had to have it! I've owned it for almost 5 years and it's been a great, fun little car. It currently is an auto trans with 200k miles on the clock, but I have gathered all the necessary parts for a 5 speed swap. I have recently been battling with the old 5MGE trying to fix it's ever so annoying oil leak. after all my efforts it still drips right at the front of the motor. But I will get it all fixed eventually. My future plans are to get BC Racing coilovers with 9k & 7k spring rates, new sway bars, bushings, get a front strut brace, get some wide, low offset 15" rims, and eventually do a 2JZ-GE swap. Not looking at doing any kind of crazy 600+ hp turbo setup or anything. Just want a fun, sporty, good looking sports car I can drive comfortably every day.

Anyways, enough with the boring shit, here's the pix!

Dusk Garage by BSPetersen, on Flickr

Sunlight by BSPetersen, on Flickr

Rooftop by BSPetersen, on Flickr

Side Shot by BSPetersen, on Flickr

Old pic, but the best one I have of the engine bay.

Wood Grain Bluuryz by BSPetersen, on Flickr

Here it is at the San Leandro Marina Meet last year(felt very out of place with all the other beautiful j-tin there)
Out Of Place by BSPetersen, on Flickr

Recently got married, and my ONE condition for anything about how the wedding went was I wanted to use the Supra for the getaway car, haha!

So, that's me. Just tryin to keep the J-tin spirit alive one day at a time.

1983 Toyota Celica Supra
Daily driven, bone stock, 200k miles and counting...

Post subject: Re: MA61 Owner From Sacramento, CA
PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:47 pm 

Looks like a great start for a project. Wedding car shot is awesome, well done!

1973 Datsun 620

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:32 pm 

Nice man! Welcome! Glad to see another MA61. I'm an owner of a 1985 MKII Supra. Here is mine!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:35 pm 

Thanks for the welcome, guys! I've noticed there's a few mk2 Supra owners on here. Glad I'm not the only one, haha. That is a beautiful car. I wish my paint was a fraction of that clean.

1983 Toyota Celica Supra

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:39 pm 

Black_MA61 wrote:
Thanks for the welcome, guys! I've noticed there's a few mk2 Supra owners on here. Glad I'm not the only one, haha. That is a beautiful car. I wish my paint was a fraction of that clean.

Thanks! I really dig the big sunshade the 1982-1984 cars had. You're running stock right?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 29, 2013 5:56 pm 

Yup! Bone stock. I've done a ton of maintenance to it though. Redid the entire break system including master cylinder, and replaced the soft lines with braided stainless ones, multiple tune ups, new tires, new windshield wipers motor, new oil pan gasket, new seals for cams and crank, replaced most of the intake plenum......a lot of stuff, hahaha! Definitely hasn't been easy or cheap, but that's not why you buy a JNC, lol!

1983 Toyota Celica Supra

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:55 am 

Black_MA61 wrote:
Yup! Bone stock. I've done a ton of maintenance to it though. Redid the entire break system including master cylinder, and replaced the soft lines with braided stainless ones, multiple tune ups, new tires, new windshield wipers motor, new oil pan gasket, new seals for cams and crank, replaced most of the intake plenum......a lot of stuff, hahaha! Definitely hasn't been easy or cheap, but that's not why you buy a JNC, lol!

Nice man! I must of been tough finding parts for a Celica Supra. Especially an early version like a 1983. I'm stock as well. The factory hp on mine is 161hp. Yours would be 150. They bumped up the power on the 5MGE every year during it's run. 1982: 145hp, 1983: 150hp, 1984: 160hp, 1985/early 1986: 161hp. I was fortunate to find my car in it's condition. Everything is in working order, mechanically it's sound, the body paint does needs some touch up, but there is no rust (surprisingly). I just need to do routine maintenance on it. I'm glad to hear you were able to get your car in working order. It really is a fun car to drive.

Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]