#
It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:12 pm


Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:30 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 pm
Posts: 79
Location: Tacoma,Wa
A quick pic that was snapped of my corolla at the old school reunion.

Wheels
-------------
centerline stars 4x114.3 0 offset
195-50-15

Image

_________________
skweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 10:18 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:20 pm
Posts: 42
Location: Oakland, CA
Sickkkk

_________________
1997 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro 5 Spd
1977 Toyota Corolla TE31 4 Spd. - Build Thread = viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22584


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2013 11:25 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 pm
Posts: 79
Location: Tacoma,Wa
FishEye wrote:
Sickkkk


Thanks bro. I was up til 2 am with mothers mag aluminum polish and McGuires cleaner wax removed all water spots :)

_________________
skweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:56 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:20 pm
Posts: 42
Location: Oakland, CA
slamburglar wrote:
FishEye wrote:
Sickkkk


Thanks bro. I was up til 2 am with mothers mag aluminum polish and McGuires cleaner wax removed all water spots :)



Haha yea dude it looks super nice... Can I ask how/ what you did to lower ur car? I'm trying to lower my TE also

_________________
1997 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro 5 Spd
1977 Toyota Corolla TE31 4 Spd. - Build Thread = viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22584


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 11:35 am 
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 4:36 pm
Posts: 336
Location: Coarsegold California (around fresno)
nice slam. Looks like your lowering went well. What did you end up doing? specs?

_________________
See my 76 Corolla build: http://japanesenostalgiccar.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=19630


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:57 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 pm
Posts: 79
Location: Tacoma,Wa
FishEye wrote:
slamburglar wrote:
FishEye wrote:
Sickkkk


Thanks bro. I was up til 2 am with mothers mag aluminum polish and McGuires cleaner wax removed all water spots :)



Haha yea dude it looks super nice... Can I ask how/ what you did to lower ur car? I'm trying to lower my TE also



Yes sir.

Front
------
-Techno toy tuning ground control weld on coil over kit with 300lbs spring
-mk2 mr2 rear shocks (they are hella short and drop the car a lot without even spinning collar down.)

The front ride I awesome super tight no more body roll

Rear
-------
- autozone 3" lowering blocks (I have another 2 I'm throwing on but need to roll fenders)
- 1982-1992 camaro rear shocks (these are about 2" shorter than stock shocks mine are from junk yard and are blown so when I hit a good bump my diff hits floor not gonna yet my diff but kinda annoying sometimes but def worth the drop)

_________________
skweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 8:59 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 pm
Posts: 79
Location: Tacoma,Wa
Skellington wrote:
nice slam. Looks like your lowering went well. What did you end up doing? specs?


Yeah had a guy on here actually weld the fronts for me and help buid them actually pretty easy. I replied to the guy before you about specs feel free to check it out. Rear was the easiest just tiring lol

_________________
skweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Thu Jun 13, 2013 10:45 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:20 pm
Posts: 42
Location: Oakland, CA
slamburglar wrote:
Yes sir.

Front
------
-Techno toy tuning ground control weld on coil over kit with 300lbs spring
-mk2 mr2 rear shocks (they are hella short and drop the car a lot without even spinning collar down.)

The front ride I awesome super tight no more body roll

Rear
-------
- autozone 3" lowering blocks (I have another 2 I'm throwing on but need to roll fenders)
- 1982-1992 camaro rear shocks (these are about 2" shorter than stock shocks mine are from junk yard and are blown so when I hit a good bump my diff hits floor not gonna yet my diff but kinda annoying sometimes but def worth the drop)



Nice man... Did you have to shorten the tubes on the front for the mr2 shocks? If so by how much... I also bought some blocks too but the u bolts that came with it are too big... Are the autozone u bolts perfect fit?

_________________
1997 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro 5 Spd
1977 Toyota Corolla TE31 4 Spd. - Build Thread = viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22584


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:32 am 

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 pm
Posts: 79
Location: Tacoma,Wa
FishEye wrote:
slamburglar wrote:
Yes sir.

Front
------
-Techno toy tuning ground control weld on coil over kit with 300lbs spring
-mk2 mr2 rear shocks (they are hella short and drop the car a lot without even spinning collar down.)

The front ride I awesome super tight no more body roll

Rear
-------
- autozone 3" lowering blocks (I have another 2 I'm throwing on but need to roll fenders)
- 1982-1992 camaro rear shocks (these are about 2" shorter than stock shocks mine are from junk yard and are blown so when I hit a good bump my diff hits floor not gonna yet my diff but kinda annoying sometimes but def worth the drop)



Nice man... Did you have to shorten the tubes on the front for the mr2 shocks? If so by how much... I also bought some blocks too but the u bolts that came with it are too big... Are the autozone u bolts perfect fit?


Yes we shortened the tubes I think about 2 inches ill email my guy and ask him.

The autozone u bolts are too big for the holes on stock plates. so I took a bigger drill bit and bored out the plate. Then took a piece of pipe about same size as axel a little smaller and used a vice and smashed it to make skinnier and so it would line up with the now bigger holes on the stock plates.

And above the plate is a built like alignment/holder plate that I just removed because was causing issues trying to tighten bolts. Now no problems at all actually qhen tightening bolts up. got a little lower :) ill take pics at home after work and post em for you

_________________
skweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 7:14 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:20 pm
Posts: 42
Location: Oakland, CA
slamburglar wrote:

Yes we shortened the tubes I think about 2 inches ill email my guy and ask him.

The autozone u bolts are too big for the holes on stock plates. so I took a bigger drill bit and bored out the plate. Then took a piece of pipe about same size as axel a little smaller and used a vice and smashed it to make skinnier and so it would line up with the now bigger holes on the stock plates.

And above the plate is a built like alignment/holder plate that I just removed because was causing issues trying to tighten bolts. Now no problems at all actually qhen tightening bolts up. got a little lower :) ill take pics at home after work and post em for you



Cool man that sounds great... I asked around locally and there's a spring shop that'll make custom u bolts for me for like $70 and I was like Mann there's gotta be another way haha

_________________
1997 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro 5 Spd
1977 Toyota Corolla TE31 4 Spd. - Build Thread = viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22584


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:40 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 pm
Posts: 79
Location: Tacoma,Wa
Haha same here man that happened to me too. I forgot to take pics my rolla is at my parents house putting on new carb ill snap some pics of what I did tomorrow sir

_________________
skweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:47 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:20 pm
Posts: 42
Location: Oakland, CA
slamburglar wrote:
Haha same here man that happened to me too. I forgot to take pics my rolla is at my parents house putting on new carb ill snap some pics of what I did tomorrow sir



Thanks man I appreciate the help!

_________________
1997 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro 5 Spd
1977 Toyota Corolla TE31 4 Spd. - Build Thread = viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22584


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Sat Jun 15, 2013 9:08 am 

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 pm
Posts: 79
Location: Tacoma,Wa
FishEye wrote:
slamburglar wrote:
Haha same here man that happened to me too. I forgot to take pics my rolla is at my parents house putting on new carb ill snap some pics of what I did tomorrow sir



Thanks man I appreciate the help!


Not a problem man, I know how it is to try and get something started with not alot of info out there. Or if it was its been buried lol. Heading over there in just a min to keep workin on my carb. And next sat ill be getting my 3tc so the thread will start soon :D

_________________
skweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:30 am 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:20 pm
Posts: 42
Location: Oakland, CA
slamburglar wrote:

Not a problem man, I know how it is to try and get something started with not alot of info out there. Or if it was its been buried lol. Heading over there in just a min to keep workin on my carb. And next sat ill be getting my 3tc so the thread will start soon :D



Yup exactly... I was on rolls club but not a lot of help there... But there seems to be some people here who knows what they're doing haha... Can't wait to see what ur gonna do with the 3tc! :shock:

_________________
1997 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro 5 Spd
1977 Toyota Corolla TE31 4 Spd. - Build Thread = viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22584


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Sun Jun 16, 2013 12:41 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 pm
Posts: 79
Location: Tacoma,Wa
FishEye wrote:
slamburglar wrote:

Not a problem man, I know how it is to try and get something started with not alot of info out there. Or if it was its been buried lol. Heading over there in just a min to keep workin on my carb. And next sat ill be getting my 3tc so the thread will start soon :D



Yup exactly... I was on rolls club but not a lot of help there... But there seems to be some people here who knows what they're doing haha... Can't wait to see what ur gonna do with the 3tc! :shock:



So i talked with my buddy. He said we cut out roughly under 2 inches from the stock tubes. Kinda just put the mr-2 shock in and mark and cut for the most part.

If you have more suspension questions man just let me know.

Yeah the 3-tc the guy has is all taken apart right now. How it sits its a 1.8l block with 1.6 2-tc head. Headers. and a few more mods. Just needs cam and intake manifold to put together and drop in the car. I may just try and push my 2-tc a little longer while i buy some internal mods for this beeeyotch and make it a little faster :D I've got the carb. butttt maybe ill buy another and dual side it :D just depends on the funds.

Down below i have the pics of what i was talking about it is technically what the lowering block would sit on and to keep the ubolts "lined up" is the bracket and i used a grinder and made them wider and a little deeper. But after them chewing up threads and pissing me off and making the tightening down process a bitch. I just took them out and have not had a single problem yet. just make sure the u-bolts are tight as you can get them!
Image
Image

_________________
skweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:40 am 

Joined: Tue Mar 19, 2013 4:12 pm
Posts: 6
Location: Knoxville, TN
This makes me so happy to see another Peanut sedan. I wish mine was still blue before the PO painted it flat black :evil:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 4:57 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 pm
Posts: 79
Location: Tacoma,Wa
msnwlt wrote:
This makes me so happy to see another Peanut sedan. I wish mine was still blue before the PO painted it flat black :evil:



Ahh thats lame man. I was lucky to score mine from a 2nd owner little old lady :D. But i dont think mine is concidered a peanut. But maybe. Its a 78' i though peanuts were way earlier models.

_________________
skweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:48 pm 
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:20 pm
Posts: 42
Location: Oakland, CA
Sick dude... I'm probably going to try to fab something up like this over the weekend... And where did u get your mr2 struts / camaro shocks? Did you buy them new or used?

_________________
1997 Audi A4 2.8 Quattro 5 Spd
1977 Toyota Corolla TE31 4 Spd. - Build Thread = viewtopic.php?f=9&t=22584


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:00 pm 

Joined: Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:47 pm
Posts: 79
Location: Tacoma,Wa
FishEye wrote:
Sick dude... I'm probably going to try to fab something up like this over the weekend... And where did u get your mr2 struts / camaro shocks? Did you buy them new or used?


It was perty easy to cut and make work I coulda grinde more out but said eff it lol. The mr2 shocks I got brand new from summit racing was the cheapest I could find I got kyb brand. Went cheap to see how it would handle I'm pry gonna step up to bilsteins.

The camaro shocks I wanted to keep cheap and test out and just took a set off a 92camaro from pick n pull you can use rears from any 82-92 camaro!

_________________
skweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Quick pic of my te31 from old school reunion
PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:50 pm 

Joined: Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:45 am
Posts: 37
Location: Massachusetts
Car looks really good. Those Camaro shocks go for like $28 at any advance or autozone and they work great. I had this setup on my ae86 and it worked great. Did you install the other 2" blocks because personally I think the rear is perfect, the front could probably go a little lower but overall it looks awesome. 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post a new topicPost a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1, 2  Next


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  


Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
610nm Style by Daniel St. Jules of Gamexe.net