Ok so I'm about due an update!!!
So after my last outburst revealing the roof I got stuck in again and I'm here to show you the so called 'fruits' of my labour
So continuing on I believe my last comments were that I was labelling up wires for engine removal.........
So that's that done, put her to one side for separate project later down the line, so my engine was out and the bay looked a bit sorry for itself
So then wire removal! Cable tying and labelling all wires then stripping them out I was left with this
And inside was left like this
So I figured I might as well start progress on some pieces so gathered up a collection of bits that needed shot blasting and powdercoating
This has all been completed now (apart from repair work to skid pan which will then be galvanised before powder coat) but I have yet to take pics!
Ok so I had a rolling chassis, but all I wanted was a chassis so the next step came to fruition
So now all that is left on the car is just its rear glass, then work on the shell can commence but ill get to that in a bit.
So all that I'm left with now is a big pile of parts, and this
Now I have the rear axle and sub frame of I'm splitting them down to parts then shot blasting and powder coating those pieces. I'm at the end of phase 1 of 3 and am into repairing phase now so will only see progress which is a great feeling!
It has been decided over months of investigating, and getting opinions from people and professional restoration companies that dipping the shell and panels is going to be my best option over shot blasting, and this has come in at quite a costly quote, so whilst saving for the dip and bodywork repairs i'm focusing on fixing the small things to keep me busy, such as blasting and coating parts, re-wrapping the wiring loom etc.